Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking options when there is no Park & Ride

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Apologies, I didn't mean it to come across that way. I'm certainly not complaining about our park and ride. It works well and is a very good service. I've used the race course one a good few times.

I just prefer to get there early and park up in one of those laybys so we can stroll down at our leisure and also stroll back at our leisure at the end of the game without having to queue anywhere. If all parking spaces are gone then we just go to the racecourse P&R instead as 2nd option. I as good as gave up on the trains because Southern are unable to provide a reliable service.

People illegally parking up on the verges because they can't fit in the laybys have already attracted the council's attention, and I can honestly see the council just closing those laybys off on match days if this verge parking ends up getting out of hand.

I don't think they'll close them off, but I think anyone parking on the verge now will get ticketed. Not sure if I've just failed to notice, but Falmer Road has double yellows both sides now - sure they are new. probably supports the 'verge ticketing'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here