[Travel] Parking on the pavement

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
When that cnt found's guilty, I'd expect to see him spending several years in prison.

Cowardly bully with a weopen.

For starters, Sussex Police/CPS have a zero tolerance stance on anything kept in the car cabin, that could be used as a dangerous weopen.

Why can't we have public car crushings? I would love to be sitting in the front row, when they bring this fella out and make him watch as his Merc is reduced to a scrap cube.

Richie Reynolds wandering around with a microphone, interviewing people in the crowd and reading out the offence the vehicle has been seized for. Pints of Harveys, piglets pies, crushers girls performing as a warm up act.

Whoa! getting a bit carried away there.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
In Brighton and Hove, you absolutely can be ticketed by the regular Wardens for parking on zig zags, or on the pavement next to them. It's a code 99. It changed at some point probably almost 15 years ago to allow the Wardens to be able to issue the ticket. No 5 minute waiting period that there is on yellow lines, it's as fast as the Warden can compute and print the ticket.

It's not an appropriate place to park, although if it's a Luton van I assume that some heavy duty loading/unloading was occurring. Not good for a business which is being blocked in, but sometimes there's nowhere better for them to park up.

Back tthe original subject. No you can't be booked by a warden. I had two wardens one supervisor and two police all agreeing it is a police matter, not wardens. Driver, as I said, knew the law which is why he parked there. He was working nearby but did not need his van whilst working.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
When that cnt found's guilty, I'd expect to see him spending several years in prison.

Cowardly bully with a weopen.

For starters, Sussex Police/CPS have a zero tolerance stance on anything kept in the car cabin, that could be used as a dangerous weopen.

I'd hate for you to me a member of the jury if l was in the dock for any reason!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
(My son will be driving next year, I intend to give him my car and buy myself another one)

Something has to give and changing this oddity law really isn't the answer.

I live in the middle of a 4 house terrace, as does my mate further up the same road.
The other day he was talking about the census saying:-

'For our 4 houses we have 13 motor vehicles, of which we have 1'.

It turns out my 4 house terrace, has 9, of which I have 1.

8 houses 22 motors, that really can't be right, can it?
Esp as both our sons will soon be driving putting that up to 24 motors.

You moan about the number of vehicles, but won't take the first step yourself and stay with one vehicle per household, or start a car club for your street to get some of the 22 vehicles off the streets.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You moan about the number of vehicles, but won't take the first step yourself and stay with one vehicle per household, or start a car club for your street to get some of the 22 vehicles off the streets.

Yep annoying isn't it.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
What's got in to you? yesterday you were advocating fighting a poor defenceless lady in a dispute over access to a back gate, now you are suggestiing daubing a nice van with corrosive liquid that has been mistakenly parked on the pavement.

What is going to be tomorrow's suggestion l wonder! :ban::ban:

Next he will be advocating punching a horse or giving a chinese burn to a squirrel. world gone mad

boik

Oh my goodness ... that's horrendous!!

I do most of my cycling off road ... I use my bell well ahead of anyone I need to pass and give a little 'morning' and 'thank you' ... which mostly gets a positive response (some miserable bits just ignore me ... they probably don't like the fact that a cyclist is being considerate) ... which puts a smile on my face. I often get a' "wow ... a cyclist actually using his bell" ... which I usually reply to with a bit of humour.

Why can't we all just get along (OK ... I'm being a bit naive)!!!

I always say thank you when I'm walking my dog along a country lane or bridleway and a cyclist gives a polite "ting". Get dog to sit on the verge or even in the hedgerow and everyone's safe.

We've been seriously cut up a few times by cyclists on an empty road and when I politely suggest that a bell or even a polite "bike coming" might be helpful I quite often get abuse. I'm a cyclist and always try and give a warning if I'm going to have to pass walkers or horse riders.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

I've got 5 scooters and three cars, none of them kept or parked on the road. . .Still just the one @r5eh0le so I can't use more than one at a time. :thumbsup:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Okay, I'll bite.

This group 'drivers'. Which I presume is self-inclusive ???.

Your point is akin to saying a cyclists ignore traffic light signals when in fact it is only a small number proportionally who do so.

Why try to derail the fair points in this discussion with another cyclist/driver debate when that was not the issue?

because it makes him slightly moist around the bollard.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Back tthe original subject. No you can't be booked by a warden. I had two wardens one supervisor and two police all agreeing it is a police matter, not wardens. Driver, as I said, knew the law which is why he parked there. He was working nearby but did not need his van whilst working.

In Brighton and Hove? Here it is a police matter if they want it, but it's also for the wardens too. They can issue the ticket and request the recipient be towed away. It was a change to the traffic management act the council had to request and it was granted. The towing has slowed down due to cutbacks, but the tickets are still issued.

Other councils will have a different approach so I assume you're not in Brighton and Hove. If you are then you've been misinformed and to be sure I'm not talking rubbish - I spoke with someone senior who works there to confirm I am correct.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nobody has asked the obvious question:-

Did the driver leave the winky-blinkies on?

If they did it's no longer a legal matter as the that would render the vehicle almost invisible and completely immune from prosecution.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports