Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Parking (not near the stadium) - advice please

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I live in er, Chailey. Quite hard now to find free parking in Lewes unless you're a long way out but is possible. Its about £4 or so on the various bits of street parking near the station but warning they do vary especially if very close to station. I always (i get there at 1.30ish) use the school car park just down from the Kings Head pub. And from there its a 5-10 mins walk to the station. The railway station car park always has spaces but is a lot more expensive on Saturdays (£7.30) .
Pubs in around Lewes station (Lansdown, Kings Head) very good and normally open to both home/away fans.

EDIT. just saw you're arriving in Lewes at 1pm. Yep no problem getting parking then. Variety of options.

EDIT : Just seen @MJsGhost has given a vg guide to Lewes parking above. I think getting back to Lewes is not bad in my experience but yes. there will be queue. For Palace i was home in Chailey by about 6pm for example. Not too bad.

Last edited:

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Thank you all so much for your prompt answers ! :)
The P&R options (which I would have favoured) are sold out, but you've given me reassurance that I'll be able to park somewhere near Lewes station. I'm coming from Essex and I'll be aiming for noon on the basis that even if there's an hour's delay on the M25 I should still get there by 1pm.
If you are coming from Essex, it's a bit longer (not much) to get to Lewes than Brighton, but I'd probably park up in central Brighton and get the train. No point stopping early in HH

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
If you are coming from Essex, it's a bit longer (not much) to get to Lewes than Brighton, but I'd probably park up in central Brighton
Loadsamoney.jpg

Smudge1

Jan 16, 2010
Thank you all so much for your prompt answers ! :)
The P&R options (which I would have favoured) are sold out, but you've given me reassurance that I'll be able to park somewhere near Lewes station. I'm coming from Essex and I'll be aiming for noon on the basis that even if there's an hour's delay on the M25 I should still get there by 1pm.
Hi Alan I have spare Uni car park C voucher £15 if that suits you, let me know Rgds

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
But there are NO trains tomorrow so what’s the point in driving somewhere to get the bus replacement service that will be a complete cluster?? Or am I missing something? Just park somewhere near the ground pay a fine and f*** it. Cheaper and more convenient than alternatives.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
But there are NO trains tomorrow so what’s the point in driving somewhere to get the bus replacement service that will be a complete cluster?? Or am I missing something? Just park somewhere near the ground pay a fine and f*** it. Cheaper and more convenient than alternatives.
Trains from Lewes to Falmer are not affected - hence advice to do that.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If I were you, I'd opt for Lewes. Haywards Heath and the change at Brighton will be a faff, whereas it's 7 or 8 mins direct from Lewes.

Lewes FC is right next to the station, but they are away tomorrow which should mean fewer problems with the parking (there's a small pay & display car park at the Dripping Pan which is an option if the station car park is full). There's a fair amount of on-street pay & display parking nearby too, though the charges vary a lot.

Your main issue will be the wait for a train back to Lewes after the match.

For the least hassle, go as early as you can and either prepare for a queue on the way back, or plan for a drink or two after while the train queues subside.

There is no perfect option for getting away quickly right after the final whistle.
Unless you are willing to pay a premium and use seagulls travel

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
This. And now I understand the selfishness of my previous behaviour, I'm now going to drive the 30 seconds up the road to my nearest P&R and plonk my fat-arsed motorcar there for the afternoon, so I can be a legit user. So get there early, or I might just have taken the LAST SPACE!
Nice of you to be spending less on the concourse now that you are driving as well 👍🏻

Jul 7, 2003
Trains from Lewes to Falmer are not affected - hence advice to do that.
…and neither are those along Coastway West. There is a service from Victoria to Brighton but it goes via the Arun Valley line so you can enjoy the lakes which are no doubt back around Pulborough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here