Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Parking in Brighton

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Going to spend the day in Brighton tomorrow pre Palace game, last time I parked in the city at NCP it was bloody expensive so any hints on where to park or would I be better street parking in Portslade (free) and getting the train ??

Then back to the car before the game to park at Bridge Street

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You'll be lucky to find a free spot in Portslade.

My recommendation would be to park at the Marina, which is free. The multi story, not Asda.
You can then walk into Brighton - about 15 mins slow stroll.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Parking up near Freshfield Road (just off Eastern road) is metered but is considerably cheaper and only a 10 min walk back down to the bottom of the Steine, coming out near the Dome or Brighton Pier. Worth considering if you don't mind a shortish walk.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As TB mentions, Portslade is a difficult place to find parking. You could park at West Hove Sainsburys - there is a slim chance of a private parking ticket but it's easy to get cancelled. If you don't mind paying then all day at London Road car park is less than £20 and an easy walk into town.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003

My recommendation would be to park at the Marina, which is free. The multi story, not Asda.
Careful with this as I'm pretty sure there's a four hour limit.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010

Which bit of Brighton can you stroll to in 15 mins from the marina...........?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Could stick it up The Avenue/Southall Avenue somewhere. Loads of 25 buses into town and it's on the way out of town towards to the stadium for the Bridge later on.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Now, I don't know what time they operate from but why not try to utilise the park and ride car parks
(Race Course, Mill Road) of course it depends on whether you can park your car there well before the game. There doesn't appear to be any times on the info page below. If you can, then pop your car there get a bus into town then maybe get a train to the game and the park and ride bus back to your car.

Or the Withdean Park and ride,

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Going to spend the day in Brighton tomorrow pre Palace game, last time I parked in the city at NCP it was bloody expensive so any hints on where to park or would I be better street parking in Portslade (free) and getting the train ??

I suggest parking in Falmer village from lunchtime onwards. By the Swan there are 4 hour bays that finish at 4pm so could park from noon, for free, or over by the pond there are similar bays too. (careful some bays are only 2 hours so check signage.). Then you can get bus/train into town and enjoy your afternoon . Use the travel included in match ticket to get back to Falmer later and you'll have a quick get away after the match. Think there will be stewards stopping parking from mid afternoon but get there at 11:45am and sit in the car until 12 and you'll be fine.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I though you had serfs in Sussex that could look this up for you :wink:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I though you had serfs in Sussex that could look this up for you :wink:
Unfortunately you didn’t respond to my request.
I suggest parking in Falmer village from lunchtime onwards. By the Swan there are 4 hour bays that finish at 4pm so could park from noon, for free, or over by the pond there are similar bays too. (careful some bays are only 2 hours so check signage.). Then you can get bus/train into town and enjoy your afternoon . Use the travel included in match ticket to get back to Falmer later and you'll have a quick get away after the match. Think there will be stewards stopping parking from mid afternoon but get there at 11:45am and sit in the car until 12 and you'll be fine.
Already booked for Bridge Street thanks for the suggestion anyway

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We tend to bite the bullet and park in the car park in Blackman Street, seems to be the best value and real easy to get into town from.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

I think this assumes 75mph winds coming from east to west

Jul 7, 2003
Most car parks have an evening rate so unless you are arriving particularly early then you should be able to park.

The Trafalgar Street car park - just a couple of minutes walk from the station - is £6 if you arrive after 6pm and leave before midnight.

If you are arriving after 5pm, you can get the night rate at the Theatre Car Park on Church Street for £7.95 or save a quid if you use the App. From there it is about a 10 minute walk to the station or down to the Old Steine to pick up a bus to the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here