Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Parking charge - for practising manoeuvres

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
So, have just got back from Eastbourne after taken someone in for an operation at the general hospital. After hanging about the hospital for 5 hours we decided to go over the road to the Rodmill pub for a drink and something to eat. we stayed for about an hour then went back over the hospital until 10pm where we were told they had to stay in overnight due to complications, so pretty stressful day.
Got back home today to find a parking fine from the pub or rather Britannia parking for £100 or £60 if I pay within 14 days. Apparently there are signs saying you have to register your number plate at the bar, which due to the day I had, and never had this before, I wasn’t looking for it. The bar staff didn’t say anything, like have you registered, so was none the wiser.
I have appealed against this as I’ve got my Revolut statement saying I bought drinks / food at the pub within the time period they’ve stated, so have purchased something at the pub, not like I was parking there and going over the hospital to avoid parking charges there.
Have I made a ricket acknowledging the ticket, what is the likelihood they’ll waive the fine, and what’s my next move?

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
So, have just got back from Eastbourne after taken someone in for an operation at the general hospital. After hanging about the hospital for 5 hours we decided to go over the road to the Rodmill pub for a drink and something to eat. we stayed for about an hour then went back over the hospital until 10pm where we were told they had to stay in overnight due to complications, so pretty stressful day.
Got back home today to find a parking fine from the pub or rather Britannia parking for £100 or £60 if I pay within 14 days. Apparently there are signs saying you have to register your number plate at the bar, which due to the day I had, and never had this before, I wasn’t looking for it. The bar staff didn’t say anything, like have you registered, so was none the wiser.
I have appealed against this as I’ve got my Revolut statement saying I bought drinks / food at the pub within the time period they’ve stated, so have purchased something at the pub, not like I was parking there and going over the hospital to avoid parking charges there.
Have I made a ricket acknowledging the ticket, what is the likelihood they’ll waive the fine, and what’s my next move?
I would complain to the pub and ask them to cancel the ticket. Show them the statement that proves that you were a genuine customer.

As the landowner they will be able to get the ticket cancelled and you will probably have more luck going through them that appealing to the parking company.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I would complain to the pub and ask them to cancel the ticket. Show them the statement that proves that you were a genuine customer.

As the landowner they will be able to get the ticket cancelled and you will probably have more luck going through them that appealing to the parking company.
This…..had a similar thing in a local pub, manager got it cancelled.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
my old firm used to deliver goods to a pub restaurant who operated one of these schemes. When our van delivered we got a fine for using car park and not paying. When we asked it to be cancelled and the manager point blank refused. Funnily enough when we next delivered there was a £60 delivery charge added to his bill. As he was a COD customer and off duty the person on duty paid for the goods.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Was it daylight? Are the signs lit?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Was it daylight? Are the signs lit?
I really don’t know. Neither my wife or I noticed any signs entering, leaving or whilst having a drink/ meal inside the pub.
Had a look on Tripdavisor and seems a few have been caught out by this.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
There are signs inside the pub but as an ex local i know your not the 1st to be caught out but the pub are also very good to help and cancel it if you can prove you were there. I would give them a call !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here