Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking around Falmer

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I have a ticket for the game on the 27th and am thinking of driving, where is the best place to park nr the stadium? Or can I get a train to Falmer from Three Bridges easily enough? Sensible advice please. :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is no parking whatsoever around Falmer the best bet is a train from Three Bridges but there are delays on the return train at Falmer. Another alternative is to park near Lewes station and get a train from there only takes 7 mins and would be easier for the return if the game goes on a lttle longer than expected.

Just seen the other post and Lewes is easier than Brighton for the return provided you can get a connection to London bound trains.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Park and ride from Cockcroft Brighton Univ Building works great.
Have to get cheap travel vouchers beforehand.
So good, that by doing a runner at final whistle, and making first buses, we're getting home to North West Brighton by 5.20!
Use Coldean Lane for the drive to/from Cockcroft.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
not possible for evening games i think the last train from Lewes to London is about 10?

10:20 from Lewes to Victoria. I made this one after Gillingham having had a pint in Dick's bar before heading to the station. If you go straight to the train queue you'll be fine. That's assuming you'll be able to get straight out...

Sussex

MDAL
Apr 14, 2011
:lol:
I have a ticket for the game on the 27th and am thinking of driving, where is the best place to park nr the stadium? Or can I get a train to Falmer from Three Bridges easily enough? Sensible advice please. :)

There were a large number of caravans parked in Wild Park last week, if they have gone by the 27th you could try Old Boat corner Hollingbury or Withdean park

Hope that helps

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton

Several options P&R are good but get the cheap vouchers!
If you train it will be better to get on the Lewes Line (East Croyden, Gatwick, Haywards Heath) and change at Lewes the queue after the game is shorter and quicker heading East.

If you want to drive to Lewes is one stop away and Glynde (easier parking) is 2 stops to the ground.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
My local, the downs hotel in woodingdean runs an independent park & ride. It's £4 return, park in the pub car park. It's 3 min journey over the hill, cos it has its own coaches and uses tickets there are no rushes for the coach park to be first out. Works pretty well, if you dont make the first trip, they'll be back in 10 mins.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Not used the car park/ride yet....any advice appreciated. I am a STH but live in East Midlands, have been to donny and blackpool on my days off, but Liverpool (now date is changed) is on work day and I am leaving at 3.30 with 3 hour drive watching game then straight back for work next day,

which Park/ride has the quickest transfer to ground.

many thanks

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003

Park outside the Hikers Rest pub in Coldean.

Make sure you leave a Palace scarf or badge in your window, so the locals will know to look after your car properly.

safe trip...

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Park outside the Hikers Rest pub in Coldean.

Make sure you leave a Palace scarf or badge in your window, so the locals will know to look after your car properly.

safe trip...
Good advice for a company car :) Cheers all I will train it from Lewes I think, with all the other Sussex Palace fans :clap:

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Parking between Lewes Prison and the A27 is a dream, with a direct 5 minute bus ride to the Swan pub (a 10 min walk from the ground)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here