Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking advice from the wise of NSC

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
These companies are the worst scum of the earth. Your appeal would have been unsuccessful whether you'd sent them what they'd asked for or not. This is just how they work. They have the pretence of an appeal policy, but they will always deny them as their policy is just to intimidate with a series of letters in the hope that you will eventually pay. After all, there's nothing in it for them if they accept the appeal, but the chance you'll pay if they deny it. Whats fair just doesn't come into it. I had one (unjustly) from UKPC and just ignored all the letters. Amusingly, the last one, in a desperate attempt to extort something rather than nothing, offers to halve the 'fine'. After that one is ignored, you hear no more from them. Anyway, Westdene Seagull is the expert on these - there've been a few of these on here before.

larus

These companies are the worst scum of the earth. Your appeal would have been unsuccessful whether you'd sent them what they'd asked for or not. This is just how they work. They have the pretence of an appeal policy, but they will always deny them as their policy is just to intimidate with a series of letters in the hope that you will eventually pay. After all, there's nothing in it for them if they accept the appeal, but the chance you'll pay if they deny it. Whats fair just doesn't come into it. I had one (unjustly) from UKPC and just ignored all the letters. Amusingly, the last one, in a desperate attempt to extort something rather than nothing, offers to halve the 'fine'. After that one is ignored, you hear no more from them. Anyway, Westdene Seagull is the expert on these - there've been a few of these on here before.

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciated.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That I don't know, but I complained to the agents when the scheme was being introduced and subsequently regarding the tickets for forgetting to put a card on my dashboard.

I also made 2 suggestions to the manning agents:
1. A sticker for the windscreen to avoid the potential proble of someone forgetting to put the card out (which seems a reasonably intelligent proposal).
2. The ability to register car registration numbers for each parking bay.

Their 'terms' will not stand up in court as I cannot possibly be agreeing to the terms (which I've never had a copy of), just by the fact of parking in a parking bay which I own.
This is, in my opinion, the important fact. It's my land. It's on the leasehold of my apartment.

Technically speaking you don't of course own the land the bay is on, you lease it from the freeholder (assuming of course the residents of the apartments didn't buy out the land the flats and parking bays are on from the freeholder!)

larus

Technically speaking you don't of course own the land the bay is on, you lease it from the freeholder (assuming of course the residents of the apartments didn't buy out the land the flats and parking bays are on from the freeholder!)
Technically not. But the lease for the parking bay(which is a separate lease to the apartment) states I have the right to park there. No caveats. A simple, 1 page lease with an attached map showing the parking space.

So, the residents association does not have the authority to amend the terms of my lease.

larus

Update.

I emailed the residents association last night and threatened them with legal action as they had no authority to implement this system on my parking space (I have a lease for it). I demanded that they stop patrols on my space.

Today they have advised me that these tickets will be cancelled and my space will no longer be patrolled.

Looks like it didn't end badly.....

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looks like it didn't end badly.....

Until someone parks illegally in your space!

That happened to me years ago. The spaces were badly marked and some twunt kept parking in my space. It got quite nasty before they finally relented and parked in someone else's space from then on.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

That happened to me years ago. The spaces were badly marked and some twunt kept parking in my space. It got quite nasty before they finally relented and parked in someone else's space from then on.

Illegally ??

larus

I've been here nearly 5 years and only once have I had someone parked in my bay overnight. I guess this was a visitor. A placed a blunt notice on their windscreen. There is not a parking problem as it's a gated complex. The "issue" is parking overnight/weekends in the unloading areas which are limited to 30 mins.

However, if this was to happen in the future under the new regime, what recourse would I have? If I was to park elsewhere, I would be fined as my permit wouldn't be valid. The person in my bay would get fined but I would get fined also. The parking company had refused to cancel the ticket for my own bay, even upon proving that I had a permit, so there's no way they would cancel any ticket they issue. All they are is crooks. Full stop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here