Park Run

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
You must have been near me at the Hove Park one this morning?

I'm usually a Preston Park runner and this was my first time park running anywhere else...got 21:32 this morning, my personal best is 21:18 in 8 runs total.

parkrun is such a fantastic idea!

I do the Black Park one mate. Was more than happy with my 22:30. Didn't know the route or terrain until I ran it so will improve on that. Kept up with the front 30 for the first 2KM which was a mistake as I slowed down massively after that (didn't overtake one person from that point). 3-5KM was mostly on an uphill gradient which wasn't ideal after I started off like usain bolt.

All in all for nothing more than a twice a week runner I was pleased. Certainly makes the difference running a 'race' rather than plodding along on your own bored shitless

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Quick question - how slow are the slowest at these events? I'm not much of a runner but fancy setting doing one of these as a goal. I've seen some talk that it is social and you can walk if you want but when I looked at the results for the Eastbourne one, everything was sub 30 minutes. I got down to 35 minutes on the treadmill when I last thought about it but I am not going if I am last by quite a way. What do I need to get down to before thinking about giving it a go?

My slowest (Orpington) is over 32 minutes and there were plenty behind me. PB is now 27:32.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I reckon I could beat 22 hours 11 mins easy peasy

Do you reckon you could complete a course of 'I'm not gonna post shit on NSC' in the next 22 hours and 11 mins

I'm not so sure...

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
My PB is 19:57 at Hove Park was desperate to run a sub 20 but was always around 20-21mins

Would like to do more of them but goes against my sprint training!

I think it's fantastic that so many people do it!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Three years ago I was beaten by someone I went to school with, who should never beat me at running. Two months later I got a minute quicker and a pb 19.25 at Hove Park. Nothing like competition. Then 3 sub 20 minutes in succession. Three years later and back to 21 minutes and at 53 would take a lot for me to get under 20 again.

I know it's cheating but I like to run at 24 minute time until halfway up the hill on the last lap and then doing a Mo Farah and beating everyone around you. You have to ignore the 100 runners in front of you though.

Parkrun is a brilliant and well organised event.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports