Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Park and Walk To The AMEX

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Think I might give Park and Walk a go today. The walk up from Woodingdean sounds a good bet, but getting there down from the A27 east might be a bit busy. Other option is Mithras House, but I havent used that so don't know what time it fills, or whether you queue to get in.

Any ideas as to what sort of time would I need to get either area to make it at the stadium just a few mins before kickoff?

Bearing in mind the predicted moisture in the air, dress appropriately! coat_160_190.jpg

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We're being dropped off by car today for the first time. Is there a designated place for this?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I use Mithras. It fills up about 1 hour 15 mins before KO although there is the other smaller park opposite that takes a few more cars. Girls are very good at locating the last parking spot and filling to the max. Bus in is 20 minutes. Bus back is a big decision. Leave at the whistle to run and get the first set of buses or have a pint and catch the buses on their second run. Other option is Wild Park (the open land along Lewes Road). I parked there for a cup game and walked in. Took 30 plus minutes and I swore I'd never do it again!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Think I might give Park and Walk a go today. The walk up from Woodingdean sounds a good bet, but getting there down from the A27 east might be a bit busy. Other option is Mithras House, but I havent used that so don't know what time it fills, or whether you queue to get in.

Any ideas as to what sort of time would I need to get either area to make it at the stadium just a few mins before kickoff?

PM'd you on this.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Park & Walk is a great idea and walking from Mithras House, Race Hill, Ditchling Beacon, Woodingdean and Lewes are all good options that I've tried in dry weather, which is often the case.

I'm not too sure about today!

D

Deleted member 22389

Weather has cleared and rain forecast from 2pm onwards now. I always cycle when I can, no running for buses at the end, plus you get some exercise.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What he said. Not the most interesting walk indeed but I normally listen to a podcast on the way. Unless it is pissing it down then it makes sense to walk, get fit and be back in town at the same time as people who have queued for bus/train.

I often park at Mithras house and then walk. It takes about 35/40 minutes and is good exercise. Not the most enchanting walk, admittedly, along the Lewes Road and through Moulescoomb, but it does me good. Walking back, I usually get to the car park with about 40% of the cars still there. Some will have stayed for a drink, but others will still be waiting for the second wave of buses, so it is not necessarily slower to walk if you stay to the final whistle. You can always get the bus if it is persisting down. I take my radio for the football news and this passes the time well.

D

Deleted member 22389

I often park at Mithras house and then walk. It takes about 35/40 minutes and is good exercise. Not the most enchanting walk, admittedly, along the Lewes Road and through Moulescoomb, but it does me good. Walking back, I usually get to the car park with about 40% of the cars still there. Some will have stayed for a drink, but others will still be waiting for the second wave of buses, so it is not necessarily slower to walk if you stay to the final whistle. You can always get the bus if it is persisting down. I take my radio for the football news and this passes the time well.

I drive, park up in Lewes and cycle the rest. Not the easiest of rides as it slightly up hill, but on the way back I can pretty much roll back down to Lewes. Means I can stay to the final whistle and no rush at the end. Get back to the car about 5:30pm and then listen to fallout on BBC Sussex driving back.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905

Give yourself 40-45 minutes for the walk if parking in Woodingdean. There's a small car park on Falmer Road at the top of the hill on the way out of Woodingdean which fills up by about 2pm, alternatively you can park along Bexhill Road nearby.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Parked in Woodingdean for the pre-season games and Forest, think it's Bexhill Road (on left at the top of the hill heading to Woodingdean from Falmer). Walk is 2 miles (30 mins down, bit more back up!) and nice path all the way (unlit so needs a torch soon). Much, much quicker getting off the A27 coming from the East than the West (if coming from the West it's worth missing the Falmer sliproad, going to the Kingston roundabout and coming back on yourself).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You really don't need a torch. Light can be obtained from car headlights and a full moon with a clear sky. Even when it is pitch black and pissing down it will take your eyes a few minutes to custom themselves to the dark and enable you to make out the route.
Works until someone coming the other way shines one towards you 😂😂

You're right (I do a lot of night running with a headtorch - quite often don't need it on a moonlit night even where there is no lighting at all)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here