Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Park and Walk To The AMEX

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Woodingdean Bexhill Road is about 1.8 miles to the Amex and takes 35 minutes. No lighting so try and avoid walking into the Falmer Road on the way back at 10 pm

On winter evenings lighting is provided by the traffic. Plus, unless you are so pissed you can't walk straight the path actually has a verge separating it from the road, not to mention being at a different height for much of its length, so virtually impossible to walk into the road.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
If you're feeling energetic, park somewhere near Plumpton and walk over the downs. I reckon its 3 and a bit miles. Beautiful walk though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wasn't that the intention when Falmer was first proposed? IIRC, Southern Water aren't selling

I certainly recall that there's some reason why we can't use it

Doubtless one or more dumb bye-laws why it an't be used by us. Same as it ever was. Even tho it's patently near-useless to SW (I've worked on that site, all it's got is a smattering of IT staff and an easily-relocatable call centre). TB could build as big and ugly a hotel as he liked and it'd still be more attractive than the existing SW building. And the existing parking capacity on the SW site must be easily on a par with the Bridge car park. Bit of a no-brainer really - when SW finally, inevitably sell the site.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Woodingdean Bexhill Road is about 1.8 miles to the Amex and takes 35 minutes. No lighting so try and avoid walking into the Falmer Road on the way back at 10 pm

The path is nowhere near the road although you do always see people walking rather dangerously up the side of the road instead.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I always walk from the city centre, takes about an hour but especially coming out the stadium I am normally back on Sainsburys Lewes road at the same time as loads of buses are pulling up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The path is nowhere near the road although you do always see people walking rather dangerously up the side of the road instead.

There is a massive hedge between the path and the road for a lot of it as well - can't even see the road for the bottom mile or so. Saw a few walking along the road yesterday too - before the game, going down on the left so not facing the traffic either. Dangerous.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Whats the parking situation like in Hollingdean now? You could park up around Crespin Way and walk down to Lewes Road via Home Farm Road. A 2 mile walk roughly and the option of getting the 50 back from Falmer if you don't want to walk back

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I always walk from the city centre, takes about an hour but especially coming out the stadium I am normally back on Sainsburys Lewes road at the same time as loads of buses are pulling up.

Horrible walk though isn't it. I walk from Portslade sometimes, take me an hour to get to the Palace Pier, then another hour up Lewes Road.

The first half along the seafront is great. The second half up Lewes Road....less so.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Horrible walk though isn't it. I walk from Portslade sometimes, take me an hour to get to the Palace Pier, then another hour up Lewes Road.

The first half along the seafront is great. The second half up Lewes Road....less so.

Not so bad if you go via Ditchling Road, Hollingdean and Home Farm Road.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway

I'm considering this for the forest game as I'll have plenty of time and like a good walk (easier to justify the second pie as well).

Which is the best route through town?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm considering this for the forest game as I'll have plenty of time and like a good walk (easier to justify the second pie as well).

If you're walking from the city centre then the most straightforward route is to walk up Lewes Road, past the Hikers Rest, then turn right at the lights at the A27 junction and go under the railway bridge. As Wilko says, it takes about an hour from the Steine.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
If you're walking from the city centre then the most straightforward route is to walk up Lewes Road, past the Hikers Rest, then turn right at the lights at the A27 junction and go under the railway bridge. As Wilko says, it takes about an hour from the Steine.

Thanks.

Jul 7, 2003
Thinking, coming from the West that Mithras House might be tough to get in and out of. Suppose everything is busy on a match day.
From the west, you can cut across from Dyke Road to Preston Park, over Hollingdean and approach Mithras from that way rather than join the queues through Coldean.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

What he said. Not the most interesting walk indeed but I normally listen to a podcast on the way. Unless it is pissing it down then it makes sense to walk, get fit and be back in town at the same time as people who have queued for bus/train.

el punal

Some new Park and Rides appear to be sorely needed, certainly in the short term while using SASTA are not fit for purpose. The big and empty car park at Withdean springs to mind. As does the vast chronically-underused car park at the Southern Water Falmer site. The club could do far worse IMHO than try and buy that car park off SW. The huge majority of SW employees are based in Durrington nowadays. In fact would expect the whole SW Falmer site to be up for grabs sometime soon.

Good post. With all the problems going on with SASTA maybe the club should pursue other means of making the journey to the Amex less problematical. Was there talk of creating a Park and Ride site at/near Lewes? That would surely free up the congestion in trying to use the current Brighton P&R sites.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Park in Haywards Heath catch the Costellow Bus park at the stadium 10 min walk to the stadium .going home Back in Haywards Heath arround 18.00hrs on a Saturday game.

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
Think I might give Park and Walk a go today. The walk up from Woodingdean sounds a good bet, but getting there down from the A27 east might be a bit busy. Other option is Mithras House, but I havent used that so don't know what time it fills, or whether you queue to get in.

Any ideas as to what sort of time would I need to get either area to make it at the stadium just a few mins before kickoff?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here