Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Park and Ride. Very impressed

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Can I congratulate the club, via the delightful medium of NSC, on the Mill Road P&R on Saturday. I've only done the P&R once before this season, for the midweek Leeds game, and it was a shambles after the match – buses and people everywhere, no-one knowing where they were going and generally just one massive mess.
As I was taking my young son to his first Amex game against Wrexham, I thought I would risk the dreaded P&R again. What a pleasant surprise after the match. We we're sitting in the WSU, left on the final whistle, had a quick "tinkle", yet on getting round to the steps found orderly queues that were moving fairly quickly and got on a bendy bus (where have these come from? I had a crappy 1940s-style coach for the Leeds game) back to Mill Road within 15 minutes and was on the M23 within 45 minutes of the end of the match.
Now I know that the attendance was slightly down on normal, but I thought the whole operation was seriously slick.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Its definitely got much better and the extra set of stairs has also really helped.

My one criticism is the stewards don't seem to stop people who come from the other side having walked in the entrance where the cars come out of just wander in and jump the queue which is a problem with the Stewards allowing it but also a lack of respect by the people who do it. This one guy I have seen do it three games in a row using his child as the excuse not to join the back of the queue when questioned.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Can I congratulate the club, via the delightful medium of NSC, on the Mill Road P&R on Saturday. I've only done the P&R once before this season, for the midweek Leeds game, and it was a shambles after the match – buses and people everywhere, no-one knowing where they were going and generally just one massive mess.
As I was taking my young son to his first Amex game against Wrexham, I thought I would risk the dreaded P&R again. What a pleasant surprise after the match. We we're sitting in the WSU, left on the final whistle, had a quick "tinkle", yet on getting round to the steps found orderly queues that were moving fairly quickly and got on a bendy bus (where have these come from? I had a crappy 1940s-style coach for the Leeds game) back to Mill Road within 15 minutes and was on the M23 within 45 minutes of the end of the match.
Now I know that the attendance was slightly down on normal, but I thought the whole operation was seriously slick.

That'll be the difference between a Saturday match and an evening match then! :wink: No problem sourcing suitable transport on a Saturday!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Itll be interesting to see what its like for a midweeker now they have sorted some of the shit out.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Actually left with a minute to go and got in my car at Lewis staion @ 5.14.
Back home in Stroud Gloucestershire @ 7.45

I think most people have a good idea of what suits them best so the pressure is less all round.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
As one who was critical of the P & R arrangements I will hold my hand up and say things have improved. The queuing is much better organised; the traffic flow out of the ground is better and the two steps make it appear the queues are shorter. Having said that I have switched from Mithras House to Race Hill so would be interested to know if the time queuing after the match for Mithras has improved. It was around 20 minutes if you stayed to watch the teams off. Race Hill is no more than 5.

Been to Amex twice, Coventry game (the 17:00 kick off) and Saturday. Both occassions sat in East stand corner nearest to away end, waited for final whistle, strolled out straight onto a Mithras House P&R bus without any probs.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Been to Amex twice, Coventry game (the 17:00 kick off) and Saturday. Both occassions sat in East stand corner nearest to away end, waited for final whistle, strolled out straight onto a Mithras House P&R bus without any probs.

TVM. I sit in West Stand lower and it takes 5 minutes to exit stand so would be very lucky to walk straight onto bus.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The trains were fantastic as well (as they usually are) , stewards have got it all sussed now.

Well done to all.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
When the Mill Rd P&R first started there were limited buses available (because of the bridge they cannot use double deckers) - some looked like they were out of a museum. Lately they've had more single deckers, and it runs much better. And yes, the second set of steps definitely helps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here