Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parish on BBS

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Fantastic reading on the BBS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunt
Richard Cawley. SLP said on twitter than IH said 'I wish they would shut up' in response to Palace fans singing 'Chelsea's number 9' at Walters. Hardly offensive, and IH should be publicly disciplined by the board. It's an outrage to say that about a set of fans who have driven a 400 mile round trip to watch a youth team get knocked out on a cold night in Stoke. I am furious.

Those comments aren't too clever are they?

My main fear when he was appointed here would be that CP would be turned into the 'Ian Holloway show', it's slowly going that way.

Yes the chants were silly, but it's hardly offensive, and Walters had the last laugh didn't he?

Ian, stopping talking claptrap everytime you appear in the media, cut the sky appearances and concentrating on your main job, getting CP promotion, and maybe have a wee bit of respect for those who went and supported the team for 120 mins, in freezing conditions, 200 odd miles away from home.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Not only do you have a chaiman that labels the fans fickle, you now have a manager who tells the fans to SHUT UP after travelling 400 miles on a freezing Tuesday night.

Stoke City 4-1 Crystal Palace: Match report, pictures and video highlights | The Sun |Sport|Football

Palace the club that just keeps giving.

I'd be far more embarrassed if those representing my team were in all the papers because of being xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and racist sympathisers. Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'd be far more embarrassed if those representing my team were in all the papers because of being xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and racist sympathisers. Just a thought.

I suppose you could say we haven't screwed joe public for thousands of pounds though .... TWICE

Last edited by a moderator:

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
That Nigel is nonsense, Tony Bloom has personally invited independent supporters club to The Amex for meetings and met fans directly, he even gets on the train after games at Falmer with the rest of the fans, far more classy than bitch fighting on an internet football forum.

Get your facts right, your Chairman obviously has a massive ego and will fall out with your "carrot crunching" ego of a manager soon :wrong:

Post a tread to your chairman , bet you won't get an answer post one to Steve on the bbs ( non abusive ) here take the time to post back

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Don't you mean MILLIONS , They wrote off £30M of debt in 2010 :lolol:

In the unlikely possibility that you are interested in accuracy, I will quote this:

Heb 7:4 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by James D
How much did we owe when we went into admin last time?

Depends if you're including money owed to Simon Jordan or not. 13 businesses/individuals were owed £367,438. They're a motley crew of Football agents, marketing, sign printing, etc. Happily, none went out of business as a result.

£18,144,798 was owed to a range of institutions regarding Selhurst Park, rent issues, bank overdraft, tax (includes Lloyds, lawyers, HMRC)

2 other football clubs from abroad (Sporting Lisbon and Austria Vienna) were owed £319,530

Simon Jordan was owed £7,852,353

Martin Long (who now co-owns us) was owed £100k and St John Ambulance £19k which was paid by the fans.

I think all the long term season ticket owners counted as being owed too.

And it was Agilo not Palace that brought about the administration as most on here conveniently forget.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I'd be far more embarrassed if those representing my team were in all the papers because of being xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and racist sympathisers. Just a thought.

Where in my posts did I talk about anyone being embarrassed? But if you want to reply to one of my posts I would be interested on your or any Palace fan's view of post 223 in this thread.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
In the unlikely possibility that you are interested in accuracy, I will quote this:

And it was Agilo not Palace that brought about the administration as most on here conveniently forget.

I suppose Agilo worrying about getting their money back might have had something to do with that?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Are you trying to say that palace DIDN'T go into administration force second time?

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Are you trying to say that palace DIDN'T go into administration force second time?

I am saying that Palace had no intention of going into administration. Agilo's action was a bolt from the blue as it was never envisaged by Jordan that they would go for the jugular.

Posters on here have stated that Palace used administration as a handy way of avoiding debt and implied that it was deliberate.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I am saying that Palace had no intention of going into administration, it was a bolt from the blue as it was never envisaged by Jordan that Agilo would go for the jugular. Posters on here have stated that Palace used administration as a handy way of avoiding debt and implied that it was deliberate.

Did palace go into administration for a second time?

Yes or no

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
I am saying that Palace had no intention of going into administration. Agilo's action was a bolt from the blue as it was never envisaged by Jordan that they would go for the jugular.

Posters on here have stated that Palace used administration as a handy way of avoiding debt and implied that it was deliberate.

I don't follow why you think it is relevant that palace in its second insolvent situation, did not want to go into administration. They owed a debt and failed to pay it. The creditor then had every right to enforce recovery by forcing administration. Why on earth do you think there is anything wrong with that. Pay the debt and you avoid the insolvency. Fail to pay it, you don't. The issue I have is how you managed to keep playing assets worth Millions in that insolvency. Bottom line is palace bumble along with around 8000 -12000 paying punters, plus freebies and away fans. With revenue like that you should not be paying wages that you do and your natural level is bottom half of the Championship or the division below.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here