Parish on BBS

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I have to disagree I much prefer being able to post a message to my clubs chairman I find he's so transparent in the way he runs the club he happy to post backAnd I'm sure if your chairman came on north stand chat to talk to fans most on here would be more than happy

Can you believe what he tells you though?
Here is a good example of Parish keeping the fans in the picture .

Palace co-owner Steve Parish brushes off George Burley sack rumours
Thursday, 23 December 2010 09:21
. | Written by James Daly.
Eagles co-chairman Steve Parish has denied the club are on the brink of sacking manager George Burley after reports ran through the night the Scot was on his way out of Selhurst Park.
Palace were humiliated 3-0 at Nottingham Forest at the weekend, but had previously put together a run of three wins at home to stem disappointing runs during October and December.
"I honestly don’t know where they get these stories from,” Parish told the Croydon Advertiser. “We have never discussed replacing George.

Five Year Plan Fanzine - Palace co-owner Steve Parish brushes off George Burley sack rumours | News - The alternative voice for Crystal Palace fans

9 Days later he says this

Steve Parish: Sacking Burley was no knee-jerk reaction
Saturday, 01 January 2011 22:51.
| Written by Robert Sutherland.
Steve Parish has stated that the decision to sack George Burley wasn't a sudden one, insisting that it was made after much deliberation over the past few weeks.

Five Year Plan Fanzine - Steve Parish: Sacking Burley was no knee-jerk reaction | News - The alternative voice for Crystal Palace fans

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A
No need for Groupon Ciddy, Sold out the 1500 tickets last season. Get them quick!

To be honest this is the one and only thing that I 'envy' Palace about it. We need a BEER FEST at the AMEX.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
To be honest this is the one thing that I 'envy' Palace about it. We need a BEER FEST at the AMEX.

To a point. Couldn't it be argued that pretty much every single game at our temple constitutes a massive beer fest? Good ones too: that Selhurst one will be nothing but a bunch of spotty, nerdy virgins cautiously sipping their first ever half of lager shandy before falling over.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I recall Parish giving a lengthy live interview on Talksport when it was announced that Freedman was off to Bolton. He made several contradictions regarding previous statements made about DF, Palace's transfer budget and not selling players like Zaha. Sadly the interviewer didn't seem well briefed as I was just waiting for him to really rip into Parish but it didn't happen and he was let off the hook. Would have been interesting to hear Parish when cornered by a decent interviewer 'cos he seems to like getting into verbals.

I hope future interviewers and fans will have some sport with Parish knowing they can get under his skin without trying too hard.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Would rather SP didn't get involved in this sort of silly slanging match online but then I also like the fact that he talks to us direct online. His barnet is shocking though :D

Some more important news out of Selurst today- 3rd annual beer festival! 150 beers or ciders to quaff.
Third Annual CPFC Beer Festival

All Weed get in free wearing a tesco's bag.

Honest view from a palace fan - hang your head in shame!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
It seems that you can no longer read their main board unless you are registered. Perhaps they are a little more embarrassed than they are letting on.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports