Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parish on BBS

I have to disagree I much prefer being able to post a message to my clubs chairman I find he's so transparent in the way he runs the club he happy to post back

Better not disagree with him or otherwise he might send some of the boys round.

Whatever way you try and spin it it shows Palace up for the tinpotclub they are - which is good, therefore carry on.:ffsparr:

He has previous with this sort of thing on social media.

I seem to recall an episode on Twitter that he publicly undermined Freedman and his team selection when things weren't going to well at the start of the season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He has previous with this sort of thing on social media.

I seem to recall an episode on Twitter that he publicly undermined Freedman and his team selection when things weren't going to well at the start of the season.
Yep. Something like "It wasn't me that picked no strikers" or something like that.

He seems to be an absolute nob.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Responding to grizzles from Palace fans, he came out with "Its not me who sends us out with 4 defensive midfielders", I think it was.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Steve Parish - The Chairman that keeps on giving :lolol: #sponsoredbyoxo

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes, it's embarrassing.

But I do laugh at all the people on here slating the Palace fans for backing up Parish, as if they wouldn't do the same if it was Bloom. Totally deluded into thinking the sun shines out of the chairman's arse.

I wouldn't. I'd find it very, very embarrassing if Bloom came on here and started "offering out" supporters. It would completely change my view of him as a man.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Trouble is so many Chairmen and Directors of footie clubs might be succesful business people in their outside lives but may not be used to being in the full glare of the media or streetwise about the pitfalls of engaging with punters on social media or footie forums. Especially if they come up against punters who have an agenda of their own or just don't share the same perspective.

This Palace chap seems like the sort who likes a bit of self publicity and can't resist jumping into a debate rather than dealing with matters a bit more discretely in private or in a more professional manner. It seems that he is developing a record for shooting from the hip and if he takes on the fans (even Palace) that may well be his eventual downfall. It's not very classy. If he is like that in public then what is he like with those who work for him?

It just underlines how fortunate we are to have a Chairman who is well known for his business acumen and sporting interests but isn't a 'Billy big bollocks, look at me' headline seeker and sensibly chooses to keep a lowish profile, and certainly never does any dirty washing in public. Mr Bloom only occasionally takes a high profile photo opportunity such as for the opening of the Amex. I can recall very brief spat between Martin Perry and a minority of fans about some issues at a fans forum but it quickly dissipated because it was diffused. On the whole the Club's PR is good. The rest of our Board aren't exactly front page news but their energies seem to go into keeping the Albion developing in the right direction, which is ok by me.

I guess it helps to have a media and PR savvy Chief Exec who has a decent CV in footie to front up on day to day off the pitch matters who also offers various conduits for fans to engage with him and the Club. Thats not to say he is popular or right all of the time but then he is paid to run the Club and may have to make difficult business decisions from time to time, especially if we are to balance the books. Palace could do well to learn from that.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
trouble is so many chairmen and directors of footie clubs might be succesful business people in their outside lives but may not be used to being in the full glare of the media or streetwise about the pitfalls of engaging with punters on social media or footie forums. Especially if they come up against punters who have an agenda of their own or just don't share the same perspective.

This palace chap seems like the sort who likes a bit of self publicity and can't resist jumping into a debate rather than dealing with matters a bit more discretely in private or in a more professional manner. It seems that he is developing a record for shooting from the hip and if he takes on the fans (even palace) that may well be his eventual downfall. It's not very classy. If he is like that in public then what is he like with those who work for him?

It just underlines how fortunate we are to have a chairman who is well known for his business acumen and sporting interests but isn't a 'billy big bollocks, look at me' headline seeker and sensibly chooses to keep a lowish profile, and certainly never does any dirty washing in public. Mr bloom only occasionally takes a high profile photo opportunity such as for the opening of the amex. I can recall very brief spat between martin perry and a minority of fans about some issues at a fans forum but it quickly dissipated because it was diffused. On the whole the club's pr is good. The rest of our board aren't exactly front page news but their energies seem to go into keeping the albion developing in the right direction, which is ok by me.

I guess it helps to have a media and pr savvy chief exec who has a decent cv in footie to front up on day to day off the pitch matters who also offers various conduits for fans to engage with him and the club. Thats not to say he is popular or right all of the time but then he is paid to run the club and may have to make difficult business decisions from time to time, especially if we are to balance the books. Palace could do well to learn from that.

top post, nothing more to add

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Parish is a ridiculous knob who bum reams Kid Jensen. What a total Nicky Clark styled spanner he truly is.

Imagine ig TB got involved in forum disputes with all the sad messes who post on here. We'd need a whole new site.

http://www.northstandmelts.com

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Steve Parish reaching out to Crystal Palace fans yesterday.

Charming_shrek_11.jpg

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I wouldn't. I'd find it very, very embarrassing if Bloom came on here and started "offering out" supporters. It would completely change my view of him as a man.

Whole point is that Tony Bloom would never do it isn't it?! Pretty sure he didn't acquire the nickname "The Lizard" because of his inability to quell his emotions when required. :lizard:

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Would rather SP didn't get involved in this sort of silly slanging match online but then I also like the fact that he talks to us direct online. His barnet is shocking though :D

Some more important news out of Selurst today- 3rd annual beer festival! 150 beers or ciders to quaff.
Third Annual CPFC Beer Festival

All Weed get in free wearing a tesco's bag.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Would rather SP didn't get involved in this sort of silly slanging match online but then I also like the fact that he talks to us direct online. His barnet is shocking though :D

Some more important news out of Selurst today- 3rd annual beer festival! 150 beers or ciders to quaff.
Third Annual CPFC Beer Festival

All Weed get in free wearing a tesco's bag.

I'll wait for Groupon offer, shouldn't be long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here