Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew wants Palace fans to leave their sofa beds

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Over £1,000 to buy the lowest priced season ticket at Arsenal!?! That's ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous, that's more than last year's CHAMPIONS Manchester City's HIGHEST priced season ticket, and only £236 less than this season's league leaders Chelsea's HIGHEST priced season ticket.
Arsenal fans are having the piss taken out of them, it's not like they're one of the best teams in the world anymore, it really puts it into context when Bayern Munich and Barcelona's cheapest season tickets are below £200 pounds.

1. £1000 is still 'only' £40 a ticket as it covers first 7 home CL/FA Cup games. Works out 25p a ticket on average more than Spurs, when you take into account Spurs only include 2 cup games.And Man United don't include any cup games, but then they force you to pay for them as extra in t's and C's. Potentially pricey if say you include 4 home FA Cup games, 3 home league cup games, and 5 home CL/EL games?
2. Bayern and Barca both make more than 130m euros more in income than Arsenal per season due to the unfair Spanish TV deal and Bayern being a commercial juggernaut worldwide. If you took that income off them, i'm sure ticket prices would soon increase.
3. Can't really compare Bayern and Barca ST costs anyway. Arsenal fans in London pay for Arsenal ST's. They wouldn't ever buy a Bayern or Barca ST so it's a moot point. Unless they wen't to work in weaker economies, or added in the cost of travel to mainland Europe for every game, which would make it more expensive than an Arsenal ST. It's like comparing drinks prices in mayfair to drinks prices in Prague. Utterly pointless.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
To be fair to Palace, I would have thought any London derby would be a Cat A game

Arsenal and Spurs both charged us £35 this season, Very reasonable. Chelsea was £54, ridiculous.

The sooner the clubs get their heads together and sort out a standard price for away fans the better. If everyone charged £20 it would only cost the clubs around £2m a year in lost revenue. But they won't because of greed and the fact that most PL away ends are full.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Over £1,000 to buy the lowest priced season ticket at Arsenal!?! That's ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous, that's more than last year's CHAMPIONS Manchester City's HIGHEST priced season ticket, and only £236 less than this season's league leaders Chelsea's HIGHEST priced season ticket.
Arsenal fans are having the piss taken out of them, it's not like they're one of the best teams in the world anymore, it really puts it into context when Bayern Munich and Barcelona's cheapest season tickets are below £200 pounds.
Not really a fair comparison. City and their subsidiary companies (the ones they use to try and bypass FFP rules) make annual losses of over £100M. It's easy to charge bargain ticket prices when you've got an oil billionaire picking up the tab for those losses.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Is it because the Always Ultras are campaigning for lower ticket prices ?

Part of it.

Another factor is that lot of people can only afford a limited number of aways per season, and Wet Spam are seen as right down the priority list, proper awaydays, cheaper fixtures and rivalries being much more attractive.

Would they have to rename their group as the Tenner Lads ?

Unlikely as the HF are supporting the "Twenty is Plenty" campaign.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I wish football fans would just say no to these silly prices. However most PL grounds are over 90% full (or 90% of tickets are sold) and whilst this remains the clubs have no incentive to reduce ticket prices. I fully support the £20 is plenty campaign by the FSF http://fsf.org.uk/petitions/20plenty/ £40 or £44 for an away fan is far too much.

I have a mate who was a Chelsea ST holder for years and a lot of those were (comparatively) bad years. He was priced out of the club be supported for years and now watches non league football instead. If clubs continue with these stupid prices then more and more will, hopefully, join him.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Part of it.

Another factor is that lot of people can only afford a limited number of aways per season, and Wet Spam are seen as right down the priority list, proper awaydays, cheaper fixtures and rivalries being much more attractive.

Unlikely as the HF are supporting the "Twenty is Plenty" campaign.

In summary the HF are scared of going to the Boleyn and are looking for an excuse to justify a no show

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
GroupOn,
GroupOn,
Buy 1, Get 1 free....

Clearly not for this particular fixture then...

:lolol:

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011

Figures don't include OAP's etc or are just out of date or wrong. Older friend pays £400 for his Arsenal season ticket, although I suppose he could be lying.

SDG

May 26, 2014
Those that mock are the problem with football.

This isnt going away, ticket prices are rising well above inflation, and clubs (especially in the PL) are going to continue justifying the expensive pricing because tourists will turn up week after week to buy the remaining seats.

I am choosing not to go because Upton Park has an awful away end, £43 is a joke and it is a nightmare to get away from the ground. It is also live on Sky.

Also, match ticket and train ticket to West Ham would be costing me the exact same as it is to go to Stoke by train, including travel. Thanks to Stoke offering £25 tickets to our fans, and that will sell out.

Our prices are far too high for the facilities offered. And the sooner our Owners learn that, the better.

The clubs don't need the money in the PL, ticket income is about 10% of Palace's current income. Yet a few thousand quid here and there and the club have a fit about losing it.

Twenty's plenty for Away fans. In all leagues.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
image.jpg

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Some of our fans would react in exactly the same way, just look at the meltdown on here when the Arsenal ticket prices were announced. It will be carnage on here if we ever did get to the Prem.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Nuts to rivalries, this is a campaign all football fans should get behind. When we started getting the highest attendances in the division, people assumed we'd be creaming it in. As (I think) [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] alluded to at the time, gate receipts don't make up as much of a clubs turnover as is thought. With the frankly obscene tv deal, the fact that PL clubs are still going to be charging silly money for tickets is taking the piss. The people need to start taking back the people's game.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Nuts to rivalries, this is a campaign all football fans should get behind. When we started getting the highest attendances in the division, people assumed we'd be creaming it in. As (I think) [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] alluded to at the time, gate receipts don't make up as much of a clubs turnover as is thought. With the frankly obscene tv deal, the fact that PL clubs are still going to be charging silly money for tickets is taking the piss. The people need to start taking back the people's game.

Imagine it costs £20 to watch West Ham v Palace. What price will Orient be able to charge for a League 1 game? ticket prices in the Prem could be subsidised by the TV money, but Championship and League 1 and 2 prices won't be and so it will only further hurt the lower league clubs. Keep them high in the Prem, I say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here