Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew to Palace

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's not quite true, is it? What they actually said was that an unverified Twitter account that "wasn't a big name" has said talks have broken down. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions :tosser:

Wouldn't be a shock though would it?

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
This really is splendid news. Pardew's managerial record is patchy. I'm predicting it is properly going to go tits up at Palace now (perhaps when morale is low after Pardew has shagged half the players wives?), and hopefully Pavilionaire's sums are correct too. I'd hate to think Pardew was some sort of cheap option.

What with our recent upturn, maybe in five years time with Palace in league one with their hideous mess of a ground whilst we entertain Arsenal in the league, we'll all be looking back at this week at the end of 2014 as the one where the worm finally turned for the good guys. Please please please.

Worth a little bump. Some really wise people on here.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As a coach Pardew is very underrated. He's pragmatic and effective. His record as manager, especially at Reading and Southampton, is impressive.

He has alienated fans, at West Ham and Newcastle, because (a) many of them are delusional with unrealistic expectations, and (b) his narcissic personality rubs a lot of people up the wrong way.

He will continue to do well at Palace.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
As a coach Pardew is very underrated. He's pragmatic and effective. His record as manager, especially at Reading and Southampton, is impressive.

He has alienated fans, at West Ham and Newcastle, because (a) many of them are delusional with unrealistic expectations, and (b) his narcissic personality rubs a lot of people up the wrong way.

Can't disagree, don't like the bloke. Like the football he brings to Palace.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014

Well done to Palace and Pardew. Currently above Newcastle United. Brighton are a cool club and as I've found since the late 60s, through the 70s, 80s and the tough times of the 90s, and the recovery in the last 2 decades the majority of fans are great people. It's a shame there's a few unimaginative dullards who use this forum. It's embarrassing sometimes.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Well done to Palace and Pardew. Currently above Newcastle United. Brighton are a cool club and as I've found since the late 60s, through the 70s, 80s and the tough times of the 90s, and the recovery in the last 2 decades the majority of fans are great people. It's a shame there's a few unimaginative dullards who use this forum. It's embarrassing sometimes.

Cool man.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
That was an enjoyable read, the usual pearls of wisdom from the usual suspects !
Pardew's done very well, the players are certainly buying into his thinking, and it seems a good fit.
Two weeks off now, then facing the champions under the floodlights at San Selhurst,things don't get much better than this :thumbsup:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
That was an enjoyable read, the usual pearls of wisdom from the usual suspects !
Pardew's done very well, the players are certainly buying into his thinking, and it seems a good fit.
Two weeks off now, then facing the champions under the floodlights at San Selhurst,things don't get much better than this :thumbsup:

Why are you here, should you not be on the Chelsea board telling them how you are about to lose your identity and become the richest club in London?
I am sure they would be more interested in how you are doing than us?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Cool man.

Thanks. I hate modern football fan lovey dove stuff and people who wear 2 club scarves should be shot. However I genuinely think our obsession with Palace is holding us back and of course I enjoy being annoying during the brief windows when I have not been banned.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That's Palace safe now, I don't think they where ever in danger with the clubs in the bottom.

I can see them staying in the PL with a good few years now, Pardew knows what he is doing

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Like it or not Palace have been in impressive form since Pardew arrived, lucky escape, for them, that they didn't appoint Gus whilst he was touting himself earlier this season :down:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Thanks. I hate modern football fan lovey dove stuff and people who wear 2 club scarves should be shot. However I genuinely think our obsession with Palace is holding us back and of course I enjoy being annoying during the brief windows when I have not been banned.

Delicious jimbob5. Department SE26 at Vauxhalll Cross just called on the red (and blue) phone. Apparently agent number 5, whoever she is, has just gone rogue.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
That's Palace safe now, I don't think they where ever in danger with the clubs in the bottom.

I can see them staying in the PL with a good few years now, Pardew knows what he is doing

Think we're safe now, that's some achievement considering how bad it looked at Christmas.
We probably need 2 or 3 top players in, but the core of the team is fine, certainly good enough, to progress next season.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
A marvellous read , in fact a better read than the Sunday papers . I must admit I thought we would get relegated especially after losing to the saints on Boxing Day , so I'm very happy . Supa al has done a remarkable job and he seems a good fit with us as he has that special ingredient that pulis didn't have, affinity with the club and more importantly the fans .
This is a really special time to be a palace fan and I think with the mooted takeover still on the horizon we really could push on and finally establish ourselfs in the top flight . im just going on the Chelsea boards now to tell them the same thing :)

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Delicious jimbob5. Department SE26 at Vauxhalll Cross just called on the red (and blue) phone. Apparently agent number 5, whoever she is, has just gone rogue.
You've got me worried now. I was at Vauxhall a couple of days ago. If you're spying on me you will get very bored I can assure you Philby.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You've got me worried now. I was at Vauxhall a couple of days ago. If you're spying on me you will get very bored I can assure you Philby.

I think botty spotted you whilst peering furtively out of the Vauxhall taverns one way windows:blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here