Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew to Palace

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I think we will be ok . We have a good group of players and with some additions we should stay up . Just make sure you stay up in case the unthinkable happens .

You never know. Mind you, I predicted you'd finish bottom without a win in your first season up there....

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
So, Pardew's name DIDN'T use to be booed at Sehurst, when the teams were read out, as (Palace fan) Neil Ashton writes in the paper today, then?

He got booed aplenty , but he won us over . That abuse put him in good stead for the Newcastle job :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Blimey, that's a load of information.
How much of it is actually fact or guesswork ?

No you're right, I just picked the figures out of the air.

Seriously, you should have a look at some NUFC blogs, Paddy Power Twitter comments, the Mirror etc. I particularly enjoyed the Daily Mirror's "Laughing All The Way To The Bank" headline with a smiling Pardew and a bye-line "Prem's Managerial Money-Go-Round."

It has also been suggested that former Pardew colleague and general Palace apparatchik Mark Bright has encouraged Parish to do this deal, so if it goes tits up that's the party split down the middle. This is a high-stakes appointment.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Seriously, you should have a look at some NUFC blogs, Paddy Power Twitter comments, the Mirror etc. I particularly enjoyed the Daily Mirror's "Laughing All The Way To The Bank" headline with a smiling Pardew and a bye-line "Prem's Managerial Money-Go-Round."

It has also been suggested that former Pardew colleague and general Palace apparatchik Mark Bright has encouraged Parish to do this deal, so if it goes tits up that's the party split down the middle. This is a high-stakes appointment.

Yep, managers leaving normally get a great send off , cough "bin the Finn" cough :)
Of course it's a risk, but what do you do ? Go for a untried, younger manager, or someone with the experience needed ?
Only time will tell .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
"Financial mishaps ?"
Why didn't you mention this before ???

I have , £22M debt first time around , £30M debt second time around , reduced to a fraction of those figures by taking the option of administration and a slap on on the wrist by way of a points deduction.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I have , £22M debt first time around , £30M debt second time around , reduced to a fraction of those figures by taking the option of administration and a slap on on the wrist by way of a points deduction.

Well done Soggy, you never fail to disappoint :thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I hate Palace and I ****ing hate Pardew. Now hopefully all together in a neat little box.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I assume Murray knows that Pardew will soon be shagging his wife? (allegedly)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I'm just going to take a moment to appreciate the correct use of that word on NSC for probably the first and last time.

*applauds*

Carry on....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I assume Murray knows that Pardew will soon be shagging his wife? (allegedly)

Depends on choosing squad numbers or alphabetical order , either way she'll be hoping Muzza is given a contract extension :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quite a coup for Palace imo. We'll probably still be dithering on an appointment to replace Hyypia when they sack Pardew or he walks :lolol:

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Pardew lost more than he won with a win rate of around 38%.
Houghton was over 50% when he was there.

Those statistics are rather distorting though given that over half of Hughton's matches in charge of Newcastle were while the team was in the Championship whereas Pardew has been at Newcastle twice the amount of time and spent all of it in the Premier League. So naturally his win ratio will be less because Newcastle were playing against better teams over a longer period.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here