Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew to Palace

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This really is splendid news. Pardew's managerial record is patchy. I'm predicting it is properly going to go tits up at Palace now (perhaps when morale is low after Pardew has shagged half the players wives?), and hopefully Pavilionaire's sums are correct too. I'd hate to think Pardew was some sort of cheap option.

What with our recent upturn, maybe in five years time with Palace in league one with their hideous mess of a ground whilst we entertain Arsenal in the league, we'll all be looking back at this week at the end of 2014 as the one where the worm finally turned for the good guys. Please please please.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
This really is splendid news. Pardew's managerial record is patchy. I'm predicting it is properly going to go tits up at Palace now (perhaps when morale is low after Pardew has shagged half the players wives?), and hopefully Pavilionaire's sums are correct too. I'd hate to think Pardew was some sort of cheap option.

What with our recent upturn, maybe in five years time with Palace in league one with their hideous mess of a ground whilst we entertain Arsenal in the league, we'll all be looking back at this week at the end of 2014 as the one where the worm finally turned for the good guys. Please please please.

You lot have been predicting things like this for a long time and each time it comes back to bite you on the arse. Makes it extra fun for us so do keep going!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Someone's started early on the Sherry :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You lot have been predicting things like this for a long time and each time it comes back to bite you on the arse. Makes it extra fun for us so do keep going!

Personally I have never predicted it will go tits up at Palace - until now. But it's a perfect storm as far as I can see. It sounds like Pardew is costing you a fortune to hire, and of course he'll get loads of goodwill from your fans because of the fact he scored that lucky goal that bounced off his head at Villa Park to get you to the cup final* while you sleepwalk into relegation. Then it gets a little less clear: next season, hopefully he'll do a pony job while your crowds dip to their usual 13,000, and you won't be able to afford to pay him off.

*SEVEN years after we managed it - forever in our shadow.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Personally I have never predicted it will go tits up at Palace - until now. But it's a perfect storm as far as I can see. It sounds like Pardew is costing you a fortune to hire, and of course he'll get loads of goodwill from your fans because of the fact he scored that lucky goal that bounced off his head at Villa Park to get you to the cup final* while you sleepwalk into relegation. Then it gets a little less clear: next season, hopefully he'll do a pony job while your crowds dip to their usual 13,000, and you won't be able to afford to pay him off.

*SEVEN years after we managed it - forever in our shadow.

You have no idea how much he is costing us and even if it's a few million quid that's not that much when you consider the vast sums Premier League teams get each year. The fact he is liked at Palace as a player is a good thing in my book, the club will be united. Please advise why you think we will sleep-walk into relegation? Under Warnock who is a premier league dinosaur, we still held our own in most games and we aren't cut adrift in the bottom 3. What ever you say, Pardew is a better Prem boss than Warnock and the job he has done at Newcastle is no where near as bad as their fans will tell you, the reason they are so against him is they have delusions of grandeur (a bit like you lot.) Lastly, money for new players is available in January. I think your post is more wishful thinking somehow...

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Pardew hasn't done an especially bad job at Newcastle really. His problem is that he has carried the can for some things beyond his remit, particularly a lack of investment from Mike Ashley and a transfer policy that Ashley and Alan Carr's father have overseen which has provided them with mixed results. Admittedly, at times he is not a very likeable person, but nor for that matter is Sam Allardyce. Considering that the players seem to have continued backing him when he had long lost the supporters, he must have something about him. That said, I think he will have a tall order keeping Crystal Palace up this season.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
Pardew lost more than he won with a win rate of around 38%.
Houghton was over 50% when he was there.
Pardew and Palace suit each other.
Chavvy and think they are better than they are.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Pardew lost more than he won with a win rate of around 38%.
Houghton was over 50% when he was there.
Pardew and Palace suit each other.
Chavvy and think they are better than they are.

I make you right, Hughton is quite clearly the better manager.

( although most of his wins were when they steamrollered the championship:thumbsup:)

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
If Pardew goes there I reckon they will be doomed and potless by this time next season. A match made in heaven as others have already pointed out.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's a different pressure then Newcastle.
It's about survival this season, nothing more, nothing less.
Pulis is in talks with WBA, can't see him working with their chairman and DOF, but he wants a job.

Edit- that £2.5 mill a year contains a £1 mill survival bonus, the same as Pulis was getting.

Pulis was on a 2 1/2 year deal - this is supposedly 4 years so a bigger commitment and a bigger risk by Palace. Newcastle were paying Pardew a basic £750K with bonuses topping that up to £2mill, so his basic has doubled. Also, Pulis's Palace contract had a clause that his wages would be cut significantly if they got relegated - you wonder whether Pardew has agreed to this clause.

In order for Pardew to earn the big money at Newcastle he had to win trophies and get them into Europe, hence his disappointment when they sold Debuchy, Cabaye and Demba Ba when well-placed. At Palace he'll earn even bigger money just to keep them in the Prem. Top marks to Pardew's agent here - for a moment I thought Pardew was destined for the Rangers job and Cowdenbeath on a Tuesday night.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Pulis was on a 2 1/2 year deal - this is supposedly 4 years so a bigger commitment and a bigger risk by Palace. Newcastle were paying Pardew a basic £750K with bonuses topping that up to £2mill, so his basic has doubled. Also, Pulis's Palace contract had a clause that his wages would be cut significantly if they got relegated - you wonder whether Pardew has agreed to this clause.

In order for Pardew to earn the big money at Newcastle he had to win trophies and get them into Europe, hence his disappointment when they sold Debuchy, Cabaye and Demba Ba when well-placed. At Palace he'll earn even bigger money just to keep them in the Prem. Top marks to Pardew's agent here - for a moment I thought Pardew was destined for the Rangers job and Cowdenbeath on a Tuesday night.

Blimey, that's a load of information.
How much of it is actually fact or guesswork ?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
CPFC2010 need Pardew as the manager to entice Arab or Russian multi billionaires to buy the club from them to get a 300% return on their investments and those subsidies they robbed from local businesses and charities when refusing to buy into the club until unpaid debts had been written off

EFA

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
If Pardew goes there I reckon they will be doomed and potless by this time next season. A match made in heaven as others have already pointed out.

I think we will be ok . We have a good group of players and with some additions we should stay up . Just make sure you stay up in case the unthinkable happens .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Blimey, that's a load of information.
How much of it is actually fact or guesswork ?

There's a lot of guesswork on here today . Or as simster puts it "wishful thinking " :thumbsup:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Another wishful thinker! You should join Simster with the yoga :thumbsup:

uuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It's going to work I tell you! Positive thoughts and all that.

Here's another thought for you. Southampton had a fantastic squad in league 1, so good in fact that they went up twice and established themselves in the top flight with ease. Pardew was on course for taking them out of league 1 in the other direction before that **** Adkins took over. That's what my uuuhhhmmmmm'ing is focusing on. Enjoy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here