Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew to Palace

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Jeez! It's like some Crap British Managers Masonic Lodge! How else could these serial failures ever get more or less continual paid work? Sake! :rolleyes:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Ashley: 'Alan, do you want a massive Sports Direct bag to put your stuff in?'
Pardew: 'Thanks Mike, very kind'
Ashley: 'That'll be £1'

From Paddy power

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Karl Robinson has no championship experience but we approached him?
So we are left with the dog's dinner option of Hughton.

It is amazing how quickly other clubs appoint (Palace, Reading).
That's because they forward planned.
Did the board really have that little idea that Hyppia wanted out.
I would suggest that the longer it takes the more chance that Jones is being given (to win games)...
Maybe the reason they did not sack Hyppia was because of the lack of any creditable other options (apart from Pulis).

Hughton is no dogs dinner, he has plenty of championship experience, just what we need. These players confidence is shot to pieces and he will be the right man for the job, calm and stands by his players

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Karl Robinson has no championship experience but we approached him?
So we are left with the dog's dinner option of Hughton.

It is amazing how quickly other clubs appoint (Palace, Reading).
That's because they forward planned.
Did the board really have that little idea that Hyppia wanted out.
I would suggest that the longer it takes the more chance that Jones is being given (to win games)...
Maybe the reason they did not sack Hyppia was because of the lack of any creditable other options (apart from Pulis).
Hughton would be a safe choice to keep us uo, which is really all we should focus on for now.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I won't complain if Pardew gets the Palace job. I think they are aiming quite low though. Other than in flurries Pardew's results with Newcastle are not that good and his time there has been marked by a lack of consistency.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Pardew is a premium tool.

Fitting for Palace, obviously.

Dream outcome if he takes them down.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I won't complain if Pardew gets the Palace job. I think they are aiming quite low though. Other than in flurries Pardew's results with Newcastle are not that good and his time there has been marked by a lack of consistency.

I think it's Pardew that's aiming low here ...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
who does that leave you with!? thought you were getting Pulis or Sherwood :clap2:

It certainly does muddy the waters somewhat, although getting Pardew will be like getting a dose of the Hoddle's, good luck!:thumbsup:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Bloody marvellous. Just once again when you think they're dead certs for the drop, they go out and get someone who's not totally useless at what he does.
Do I like Pardew? not particulary, but I think he knows a thing or two about this premiership management lark

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Bloody marvellous. Just once again when you think they're dead certs for the drop, they go out and get someone who's not totally useless at what he does.
Do I like Pardew? not particulary, but I think he knows a thing or two about this premiership management lark

Ask the Charlton fans about his Premiership management.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm confused about Pardew. How does he keep managing to get such long deals?

I'm pretty sure he signed some stupidly long deal at Newcastle that would have kept him there until 2020.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I always imagined 3 year deals to be the norm.

Four years seems a bit over generous, yet again.

Blackaddick_CAFC

Dec 23, 2014
Streatham
Yep I agree Pardew and Palace together, makes them even more hate worthy in my eyes. May I wish Pardew the same level of success he achieved at Charlton, I think the Charlton fans would join me in that wish.

Absolutely (Charlton fan here). He was shocking for us and most Charlton fans are delighted with the news. Good win tonight for you lot btw. good evening all round

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Given that:

1) I already dislike him,
2) He will cost them a stupid amount of money when they could get someone better for free &
3) His record against the Albion, is 1 win in about 10 games with Newcastle, Southampton, Reading & West Ham,

I couldn't think of anyone I would prefer to be their manager.

Now let's make sure we stay in this division to wait for their arrival.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Absolutely (Charlton fan here). He was shocking for us and most Charlton fans are delighted with the news. Good win tonight for you lot btw. good evening all round

And the bonus is that Parish is about to pay out £3.5/4 million to get him and with the ego's of both of them, you just know it will end in tears.
Who pays that sort of money out to get a manager who was sacked three times in his last 4 jobs.

i9lx_zpsdde1c358.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here