Pardew to Palace

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Obviously somewhat less than impartial, but trying to be objective.

Why would this bloke give up a long contract working in front of 51000 home fans every week in a fabulous city (albeit most fans don't like him most weeks) at a proper premiership club in a proper stadium with tradition (if no trophies) to move to Croydon for what will inevitably be a six-nine months battle against relegation?

Genuinely can't figure it out if its true

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Parrish comes across as a big ego, as we all know so is Pardew. Should be sparks in Croydon.

As if the locals need any help!!!!!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Perhaps Pardew is simply tired of the constant pressure involved with managing a big club like Newcastle, where the whole city is football crazy and everyone has an opinion on how he's doing his job. He might see this as a chance to step down to a low-profile backwater where the fans are so uninterested that they spend thalf their lives on other clubs' message boards. Then when he's recharged his batteries he can go for a big job again...
The same could be levelled at you regarding hughton .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Parrish comes across as a big ego, as we all know so is Pardew. Should be sparks in Croydon.

As if the locals need any help!!!!!

Brilliant .

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Youre right but it worked for Eddie Howe, he left one of the grand old ladies of English football in Burnley and went to a small provisional club with a crap ground with no fans........... Yes there's definitely a precedent

69043.jpg

Pardew heading to Crystal Meth Palace. They will have to lock up their daughters, wives, six fingered sisters...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
who does that leave you with!? thought you were getting Pulis or Sherwood :clap2:

Sherwood has never been under consideration due to a 'must have' requirement of having both some decent management background and championship experience.

Pulis was wanted but was always going to be a big ask getting him to drop down to the Championship after the miracle he pulled off by saving you last season.

Hughton is who that leaves us with.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
i can't see Pulis going to Newcastle - that club is right f--k up. pulis isn't going to put up with having players sold from underneath him and all ashley's interference.

Frank De Boer or someone similar from abroad will end up with the Newcastle job long term.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Pulis to babysit the Toon until the summer ready for de Boer. May well suit him.

I reckon half the football world will be united in hoping Pardew takes Palace down :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think that's a decent appointment for Palace. Let's hope I'm proved wrong.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
We'll miss him, his record in derby matches is unique. Let's hope Steve Bruce is next for the toontoons.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Would have Hughton (and even some L1 managers) over that clown Pardew. As if your club couldn't get any more cringe...

Yep I agree Pardew and Palace together, makes them even more hate worthy in my eyes. May I wish Pardew the same level of success he achieved at Charlton, I think the Charlton fans would join me in that wish.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Sherwood has never been under consideration due to a 'must have' requirement of having both some decent management background and championship experience.

Pulis was wanted but was always going to be a big ask getting him to drop down to the Championship after the miracle he pulled off by saving you last season.

Hughton is who that leaves us with.

Karl Robinson has no championship experience but we approached him?
So we are left with the dog's dinner option of Hughton.

It is amazing how quickly other clubs appoint (Palace, Reading).
That's because they forward planned.
Did the board really have that little idea that Hyppia wanted out.
I would suggest that the longer it takes the more chance that Jones is being given (to win games)...
Maybe the reason they did not sack Hyppia was because of the lack of any creditable other options (apart from Pulis).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports