Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew OUT

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Newcastle will have a WHOPPING contract to pay off if they sack Pardew though, if he is ousted they'll have negotiated an agreement of some sort to lessen the financial drain

I can't remember where I saw it, but I'm sure they don't have to pay out the whole contract if (when) they want to get rid

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I'd love to see Poyet go to Newcastle and start going on about playing golf and walking away if the fans don't like it and Chelsea this Chelsea that. He wouldn't last two minutes up there with his attitude. Although I dare say he would say all the right things to start with but that wouldn't last long....Can't see many chairmen rushing to give Poyet a long contract though, not after the last few months.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I'd love to see Poyet go to Newcastle and start going on about playing golf and walking away if the fans don't like it and Chelsea this Chelsea that. He wouldn't last two minutes up there with his attitude. Although I dare say he would say all the right things to start with but that wouldn't last long....Can't see many chairmen rushing to give Poyet a long contract though, not after the last few months.

Gus will surely walk into another managerial job on the basis of his footie style (as long as he doesn't come calling for Liam) and Mike Ashley is probably daft enough to ignore all Gus's baggage. I'd love to see the Gus v Kinnear relationship in action, most likely an epic clash of egos. If Gus can turn Newcastle around then it will be an achievement.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One for the third eye there:
As they panned across the studio after the match, before interviewing the City players, Neville looked like he was knocking one off behind the table.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Well, if we're allowed to quote sh|t rags, here's a link to the Mirror (quoting the Sunday People!)
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alan-pardew-pay-off-from-newcastle-united-1503097

It doesn't take much logic to work out that a successful businessman is not very likely to dish out an 8 year contract without a get-out clause of some kind to cap the potential pay-out.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sky have chosen their games really poorly this weekend. Who wants to see two foregone conclusions in Chelsea v Hull and Man City v Newcastle? Both have been utter drivel and I'm not even going to bother watching the second half tonight. They should only show the top teams away from home or against fellow top teams. Putting them on live against dross like Hull and Newcastle is a waste of everyone's time.

Chelsea and Man City are two of the biggest sides. They'll draw in big figures. Sky do it based on viewing figures. Not rocket science.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Sky have chosen their games really poorly this weekend. Who wants to see two foregone conclusions in Chelsea v Hull and Man City v Newcastle? Both have been utter drivel and I'm not even going to bother watching the second half tonight. They should only show the top teams away from home or against fellow top teams. Putting them on live against dross like Hull and Newcastle is a waste of everyone's time.

They chose the occasions rather than the matches. Sky would regard Jose Mourinho as one of the biggest box office draws for their 'product' and so they were always going to give the first match in his return to English football the top billing of the Sunday 4:00 pm slot. They went with City's game because again it was Pellegrini's first game in charge.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You wonder if Newcastle do start badly whether Ashley will do us a favour by appointing Gus and thereby nipping the court case in the bud.

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
I like the Gary Neville and Carragher duo, much more interesting than the same old bores on MOTD
Can't afford Sky unfortunately but think MOD has changed line up for Saturday show with some new presenters - not Hansen or Lawrenson every week. Think this week it was Danny Murphy and Alan Shearer. Unfortunately see a certain GP is also on list of possible presenters for MOD/ MOD2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here