Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Paramount Plus Recommendation

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Paramount are doing a half price for 12 months deal.
A one off payment of £35.00, if you sign up before 02.01.24.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last day of the above deal.

I signed up but I can see why it's there, £35.00 for an entire year is about right, I'd be amazed if I let it roll over to the full price in 12 months time.

It kind of feels like the 'other one' you keep on rotation around Netflix/Prime, in competition with Apple, Now TV, Disney, etc.

I thought there would be a lot more films but it turns out to be heavy with US drama series, which in itself isn't a bad thing.
If that or Westerns is for you, I'd definitely recommend the deal.

I've watch series 1 of Mayor of Kingstown and it's very good indeed.

Last edited:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I’ve just binged watched the entire Yellowstone saga having watched the two prequels and am gutted that I have to wait until November for the final half season, I also enjoyed Billions too
Are the final few episodes now up?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
The Curse has been unbelievably good. It's Nathan Fielder's first fully scripted programme but still shares some of the same preoccupation with reality TV. Emma Stone is incredible in this. Really very funny but also completely unique.

Just also seen that all four seasons of Nathan for You are available.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Last day of the above deal.

I signed up but I can see why it's there, £35.00 for an entire year is about right, I'd be amazed if I let it roll over to the full price in 12 months time.

It kind of feels like the 'other one' you keep on rotation around Netflix/Prime, in competition with Apple and Now TV etc.

I thought there would be a lot more films but it turns out to be heavy with US drama series, which in itself isn't a bad thing.
If that or Westerns is for you, I'd definitely recommend the deal.

I've watch series 1 of Mayor of Kingstown and it's very good indeed.
Good call. Am a previous subscriber, so am excluded. I let it lapse in November was on a monthly deal.

Out all of the competition, I would say Paramount is one of the better ones.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Paramount+ has greenlit original new thriller Curfew, which has commenced filming in and around London this month.

The six-part series is set in a society where all men live under ‘The Women’s Safety Act’, meaning they are bound by a strict curfew from 7pm to 7am every night, with their movements tracked by an ankle tag 24 hours a day. When a woman’s body is discovered, brutally murdered during curfew hours and left on the steps of the Women’s Safety Centre, veteran Police officer Pamela Green believes that a man is responsible. But in a world where men are bound by the curfew system, her theory is rejected. The introduction of The Women’s Safety Act almost three years ago is widely considered as effective at protecting women, who have been able to go out at night without looking over their shoulders, and nobody wants to hear different.

If Pamela proves a man committed this murder, it could bring The Women’s Safety Act crashing down – people in high places are determined to make the curfew a success and will do all it takes to prevent Pamela from discovering the truth.

Sarah Parish is Pamela, our lead investigator, whilst Mitchell Robertson is rookie cop Eddie, who is shadowing Pamela during the investigation. Mandip Gill joins the cast as Sarah, an employee at the local tagging centre at the heart of Pamela and Eddie’s investigation.

Alexandra Burke joins the cast as Helen, a well-intentioned local school teacher and advocator for the curfew.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've started watching HBO's Oz - it's fairly brutal already but I believe it goes pretty wild through the series'

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Less of a 'heads up', more a 'swerve'.

For lovers of the great fillum, avoid at all costs.

Got about 20 mins in and all I could think was “Why?”

I‘d be interested to hear was Sir Ben and Raymond’s take on it all is?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've started watching HBO's Oz - it's fairly brutal already but I believe it goes pretty wild through the series'
There's a musical episode! The interstitial that is usually that guy in the box introducing themes and stories is replaced by various cast members singing songs. That's in season 5 when you get there.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

One of my favourite series. Similar to The Sopranos in pretty much everyone is evil but you still end up rooting for some of them anyway.

Two of the best characters are played Brits too Eamonn Walker as Kareem Saïd and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as the absolutely psychotic Simon Adebisi.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Just borrowed this off Anne Bonny...thanks for the heads up

'Prisoner' on the BBC is superb if you like your Danish prison stuff, though a bit different from the Rafe Spall film where he tries to get locked up in a Danish prison as it's so cushy !

Jul 7, 2003
One of my favourite series. Similar to The Sopranos in pretty much everyone is evil but you still end up rooting for some of them anyway.

Two of the best characters are played Brits too Eamonn Walker as Kareem Saïd and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as the absolutely psychotic Simon Adebisi.
Is that the same Eamonn Walker who was Marigold in In Sickness And In Health?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Paramount+ have announced a release date for all-new thriller series Insomnia, starring Vicky McClure.

McClure is playing Emma Averill, a woman who starts to fear for her sanity after her seemingly dream life and rewarding, hard-earned career starts to become a nightmare.

Tom Cullen (The Gold) will play Emma’s loving husband Robert, whilst Smylie Bradwell (Wisting) and India Fowler (The Nevers) play Will and Chloe, Emma and Tom’s children. Leanne Best (Bolan’s Shoes) joins the cast as Emma’s estranged sister Phoebe, who shows up in town without a word of warning, whilst Corinna Marlowe (Hysteria) is Emma’s mother Patricia.

Also joining the cast are Dominic Tighe (Suspicion) and Jade Harrison (Wedding Season) who will play the Averill family’s close friends Julian and Michelle Simpson, whilst Lyndsey Marshal (Inside Man) is Caroline, Emma’s friend and confidante. Robert Gilbert (Killing Eve) is Faisal and Michelle Bonnard (Unforgotten) is D.I Hildreth.

The streaming service confirmed that six-parter Insomnia will air in the UK next month, on Thursday, May 23, with Paramount+.

vicky-mcclure-insomnia-66150d094fd67.jpg
vicky-mcclure-insomnia-season-1-66150d07287da.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here