Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paolo Otavio [Brazilian left-back at Wolfsburg]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can't find any mention of him on here from the January transfer window, but there are suggestions we were after him, and could still be interested in the summer, although at 28 he doesn't quite fit our usual profile.

WAZ asked the fullback whether Brighton and OGC Nice were interested in signing him in January. Responding to that, Otávio explained: “That’s true, but I’m still here. A lot of clubs see that I’m on a free transfer in the summer. So, there is already one request for me that comes in.”

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That’s the second Brazilian we’ve been rumoured to have been sniffing around.

He’d be a free transfer in the summer, more evidence that whilst greatly increasing our transfer income, we’ll be keeping our transfer expenditure neatly trimmed.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
We’ll also probably need an injection of experienced players if we lose the likes of Lallana and Welbeck this summer. At 28, he could have 4 good years with us or so.
He's experienced in terms of age maybe, but his only top league experience is the 30/35 games in his current Wolfburg stint.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He’d be a free transfer in the summer, more evidence that whilst greatly increasing our transfer income, we’ll be keeping our transfer expenditure neatly trimmed.
If you want things kept neatly trimmed you can't beat a Brazilian.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Could he be a left sided Joel Veltman? We haven't replaced Dan Burn at all and that's a big hole in the squad.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Could he be a left sided Joel Veltman? We haven't replaced Dan Burn at all and that's a big hole in the squad.
No. 5ft7” and he has never played LCB. A better fit in Mitoma’s position:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
That red card gives me flashbacks to Cameroon's repeated, and eventually successful attempts to take out Caniggia in the opening game of the 1990 World Cup when they were protecting their 1-0 lead. The succession of volleys that were going up from the crowd I was watching with were hilarious. Woh...... Woah...... YEAHHH!!! Benjamin Massing's eventual assault was celebrated like a goal by the whole room. Then the laughter broke out as, having lost a boot, he proceeded to take a kick with his stockinged foot at the Argentinian who stamped on his toe.

This kind of chaos is at the heart of football supporting: A spontaneous breakout of cathartic emotion, heightened further by astonishment at the utter outrageousness of the action. This game is so wonderful, because it can give you moments that you're never likely to see again. Things that live in the memory for a very long time.

Which is why, @eaglesdan, so many are still celebrating the crazy actions of Eric Cantona following his sending off at Selhurst. Don't try to second guess other people's intended meaning, or bring in unintentional consequences that may have contributed to a different tragic event. The hailing of such an out of the ordinary action is just a celebration of the sheer lunacy that is the greatest game in the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here