Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palyer Ratings Port Vale

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So so pissed off, can't be arsed to bother with marks. What I will say is that I was really looking forward to seeing Racon for the first time after all his rave reviews.

What a f***ing useless, useless, lazy, retard. Absolutely shocking. I have literally never seen a professional player caught in posession so many times in a game.

He's basically ended our season today, and I hope he never plays for the club again.

Absolute prick.

Oh dear you are upset. A little bit of knee-jerk over reaction there. If you had dragged your sorry arse to the Swindon game you would have seen his MOM dislay on his debut. He was good at Leeds and Forest as well.

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
what game were you watching?

does make me wonder i think reading some of the above :glare:

it was frustrating but we have played alot worse then that and i know it was against the bottom of the table side but for a change when we weren't on the back foot we played some quite positive stuff (which is a nice change from the start of the season where we seemed to get a nosebleed if we went into the penalty box) but as has been for the last 3 or so months our final product isn't slotted away from one of the strikers

hence why i'm critical overall of players like Murray and Forster today and praise players like Cox who actually went for goal aswell as being creative and such

if logic was thrown into this thread (i know, a risky business on NSC) we KNOW no player was really as shocking as a 3 or lower today!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Racon was superb . . . in the first game he played for us
Unfortunately DW has trained his ability out of him

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
6,849 at Withdean for Swindon game. Racon absolute class on his debut and awarded MOM.

Yeah, great theory.

Maybe like every footballer who's walked the face of the earth, he has bad days ?

Maybe dickhead keyboard warriors NEVER have bad days ?

Just a thought.

Are you absolutely certain you,ve NEVER had a bad day...?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh dear you are upset. A little bit of knee-jerk over reaction there. If you had dragged your sorry arse to the Swindon game you would have seen his MOM dislay on his debut. He was good at Leeds and Forest as well.

I'm not going to apoligise for having to be out of the country and missing a game. Perhaps when I drag my sorry arse to southend midweek he'll impress me more. Not that it will matter much anyway, as his (and others, of course) pathetic showing today has ended any realistic hopes of the play-offs.

Still, I have calmed down a little now, and there's always next year.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I'm not going to apoligise for having to be out of the country and missing a game. Perhaps when I drag my sorry arse to southend midweek he'll impress me more. Not that it will matter much anyway, as his (and others, of course) pathetic showing today has ended any realistic hopes of the play-offs.

Still, I have calmed down a little now, and there's always next year.

....and you have no need to apologise. The day football doesn,t provoke "knee-jerk" opinions and PASSIONATE opinions, is the day I,ll pack up watching.
If people want to be "rational" and boring.......watch a game of chess.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Are you absolutely certain you,ve NEVER had a bad day...?

very good :)

P.S. Spot on that football should provoke passion and I was out of my seat myself today shouting at Lynch at one point. But I don't see the point in calling anyone useless or calling any member of YOUR OWN team a F ing C / Twat etc. just because of a bad performance.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agree 100%, its just that at no point today did Racon look like he had any interest in being part of this team.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Kuipers - 5 - Not his greatest game but badly lacked protection
Mayo - 5 - Looked all at sea in the opening twenty minutes
Lynch - 5 - A poor performance
Elphick - 6 - Some good defending amongst the mediocrity. A terrific Moore'esque challenge but the Vale forwards destroyed him and Lynch
Whing - 6 - One terrific second half cross for Forster's volleyed miss

Westlake - 4 - Anoymous
Racon - 4 - Ditto
Thomson - 4 - Ditto
Cox - 7 - My Albion man of the match. Always looked the most likely, did everything right with his one on one except miss the target by a yard. Disappointing from set pieces though.

Forster 5 - the quietest game I have seen him have all season.
Murray 6 - A delightful touch to set Cox free. I'm still firmly in the pro Murray camp. Missed his goal as I left early :blush:

Robinson - 4 - Made no impression on the game
Gatting - 6 - Very unlucky not to score with that header. Did everything right.
Fraser - No time to make an impression

Wilkins 6 - He picked the right side and made his substitutions far earlier than usual but, should have made some further changes quicker as everyone could see the midfield was anonymous. Was let down by a strangely flat performance

herman gelmet

Not the tosser
Jan 20, 2008
worthing
Kuipers - 6 - Not as solid as recently but still saved more than he cost us
Whing - 6 - Got turned a few times, put in a couple of decent crosses from the right
Lynch - 5 - Poor performance today, too many half clearances & trying to be clever
Elphick - 7 - Solid in the middle of a poor defence.
Mayo - 6 - Solid & reliable, easy scapegoat to some
Westlake - 6 - Not up to usual standard, still looked like he might create.
Thomson - 5 -Ok 1st half. Struggled to make an impression 2nd.
Racon - 4 - We know he's quality. Looked like he was trying too hard to impress. The more he tried the worse he looked.
Cox - 7 - Good game. looked lively
Forster -5 - Quiet game for a change, Had no real service
Murray - 6 - Still winning a lot in the air, took BOTH goals well.

Wilkins - 6 - Only criticism, When robinson came on, we were crying out for width. Why did he play him top of diamond?

Ref - 1 - Fussy

Mr Burns - 0 - Just a poor mans Ernest, Obviously on a wind up!!!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Jimmy Saville;23605300) Westlake - 4 - Anoymous Racon - 4 - Ditto Thomson - 4 - Ditto [/QUOTE said:
& there lies the foundation for yesterdays performance.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Kuipers 5 - some great saves but 2 of his poor kicks cost us 2 goals

Whing 5 - kep over running tehe ball when dribbling and putting the defence under pressure. Brilliant cross for Forster at the end
Elphick 6 - not his best game, but solid at te back
Lynch 5 - concentration was lacking and a couple of times he seemed to pull out of 50/50 challenges
Mayo 4 - schoking distribution, but some great experienced shown with some passes

Thomson 4 - shocking game, didnt really do anything, but his vocal presence could be heard barking out orders to the midfield
Cox 6 - one of his best games at home, and looked much better in the middle, than on the wong. MIssed chance would have changed the game
Racon 4 - great player, but this was a poor performance, caught in pocession too much
Westlake 5 - didnt look fully fit from start, but good to see some running down the wings

Forster 5 - looked a bit jaded, could have scored a volley at the end, caused trouble closing down lost causes up front
Murray 4 - not his best game by far, lost his 1st touch, and lacked any movement, especially when ball played to his feet. But he scored and could have had another

Robinson 5 - looked better down the middle than on the wing. didnt really know what he was doing when he came on, in a weird 4-2-4 formation
Gatting wont mark him as he was on for minutes, but could have scored with his 1st touch

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Sorry...........can you say that again, ......I wasn,t listening.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot believe some of the marks and comments on here;

For what it is worth he are mine:

Kuipers 4 At fault for 2 of the goals and will be dissappointed not to have got to the first. Kicking was back to his usual bad standard after 2 very good games.
Whing 4 Defending generally is Ok but 90% of his clearances go to the opposition, usually the goalkeeper.
Elphick 5 Won some of the tackles ok but his distribution for a man many think will play at a higher level is awful. He has one option a long kick route one unless of course he is playing to instructions.
Lynch 3 Had one of his worst games ever was completely over run by the Vale strikers and part to blame for 2 goals.
Mayo 5 Defended quite well but again distribution was generally poor.
Cox 6 Plenty of energy, scored a goal and should have had 2 more.
Raccon 4 Didnt appear to be interested and didnt win the ball back after losing it as he has in the past. Could it be our coaching has brought him down to our level?
Thomson 4 As per Raccon.
Westlake 4 Made some runs but generally looked weak and tired.
Murray 6 Did his job and scored a goal and maybe should have been given the 3rd but is a good ploy for Forster and makes some very good runs off of the ball to create space for others.
Forster 5 Hard work but a poor day at the office due to terrible service from midfield.

Robinson 4 Made no difference when he came on and didnt run at their defenders as expected.
Fraser 4 Made very little impact when he came on.
Gatting He was not on long enough to warrant a score but if he is the best option when we are chasing a goal God Help Us.

Management 2 Between them they couldnt change their shirt let alone change the outcome of a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here