Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paloma Faith 'World In Union' - Sporting Anthems Don't Get Any Worse Than This Shirley?

Yoda

English & European
This aside I have been impressed with ITV`s rugby coverage - streets ahead of their pitiful football efforts

Steady on, I wouldn't go that far.

Take Sunday for example, in the build up for the Samoa v USA match what did we have to put up with? Yes, a full 20/30 minute focus on the Welsh, who were kicking off a full THREE hours later. Nothing about the two teams we're just about to watch and how their preparations went.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I've been thinking this since last Friday when I first heard it. I can't stand the talentless bloody airhead anyway - I watched her on Sunday brunch several months ago some stupid voice that sounded half mockney half 5 year old and wanted with all the will in the world to see James Martin accidentally set fire to the stupid bloody hat she was wearing.

Anyway it's shit. Can't we just have the original - and best - version done by Kiri te Kanewa? Or the Ladysmith Black Mambazo effort from a few years ago. Why change something decent?!??

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Paloma Faith talentless? She might not be your cup of tea but even then surely you can recognize she has talent. As for her version of World in Union, I too don't like it however what are the chances her remit was to do something different. if they wanted an operatic version then just stick with what they had.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Good grief! Always had Paloma Faith correctly down as a talent-free clothes-horse, but who on EARTH let her loose on the Rugby World Cup anthem 'World In Union'. She doesn't hit ANY of the notes. As one wag suggested, she must have recorded it while being water-boarded. Only worse possible performer they could have got to 'sing' it is Cheryl F'inracist-Versace who at least would have blamed her rubbishness on 'technical problems' as per usual.

For those who have been lucky enough not to hear it so far, you don't get off THAT lightly...

the song isn't much cop, but she's hardly talent free, me and Mrs mizen saw her at Kew Gardens this summer and she was very good.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
She's another one of those female performers (Emelie Sande, Florence and the Machine, etc etc) that seem to constantly get these types of gigs. It's like their PR teams sign a contract to force them only every morning TV show/national event/official song that they can.

Credit to them. She royally ****ed up the second half of a 1 minute song and it still got approved. They've got some power!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It really does sound like she's being strangled while she sings it. Unfortunately I don't think she actually is.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Good grief! Always had Paloma Faith correctly down as a talent-free clothes-horse, but who on EARTH let her loose on the Rugby World Cup anthem 'World In Union'. She doesn't hit ANY of the notes. As one wag suggested, she must have recorded it while being water-boarded. Only worse possible performer they could have got to 'sing' it is Cheryl F'inracist-Versace who at least would have blamed her rubbishness on 'technical problems' as per usual.

For those who have been lucky enough not to hear it so far, you don't get off THAT lightly...

nothing wrong with that its probably the way they whoever they are wanted it

and the answer to the ultimate question is YES

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

You bugg*r, not happy about listening to that

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I like Paloma Faith and I quite like this. She is a jazz singer as much as anything else, so anybody who doesn't like it should probably blame the sponsors rather than the lady herself. If you want an opera singer, you hire an opera singer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here