[Albion] Palmer

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Hmm, you have to wonder why all the decent targets never seem to get over the line. Palmer, Kudus, KDH

Money is one element. Another that a lot seem to forget is ... it doesn't matter who strong a case we put in front of a player if they're simply not interested in joining us (which could be for any number of reasons). I suspect in the case of Palmer he always had his eyes on a bigger club, and even if he had come to us he would have been another one-season-wonder.

Joao Pedro, Kaoru Mitoma, Valentin Barco. List goes on.

Yup - all of which shows if the player is willing to join us, we can get the job done.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I suspect that he had a word with Jason Steele in the tunnel about hair transplants though as no youngster would have a hairstyle like that if they weren’t receding prematurely.
Oop there it is...

cole-palmer-is-getting-better-and-more-consistent-v0-6okxys3tge0c1.jpg

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
We ended with none of our first choice back 4, and still missing our first choice wingers. Combined with a less than perfect midfield and it's amazing that we're still fairly competitive.
And it bodes well for the future with some new signings and less injuries. RDZ will have the players to rotate (which he is insistent on) in busy periods as long as it’s not most of the team! Not many smaller clubs have decent replacements all over the pitch.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
There's a wonderful thread when we were being linked with him (loan) in the summer and some said they didn't want him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There's a wonderful thread when we were being linked with him (loan) in the summer and some said they didn't want him.
Me. for one.

I definitely got wrong how good he is. I stand by my call that I didn't want him on loan though - he'd just have blocked the progress of Enciso and Buonanotte (nobody could foresee the scale of the injuries we've suffered).

Tbh, I would be happy if we never loaned another player.

Just seems a complete waste of time, (unless it is a pre-cursor to a pre-arranged permanent transfer).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Me. for one.

I definitely got wrong how good he is. I stand by my call that I didn't want him on loan though - he'd just have blocked the progress of Enciso and Buonanotte (nobody could foresee the scale of the injuries we've suffered).

Tbh, I would be happy if we never loaned another player.

Just seems a complete waste of time, (unless it is a pre-cursor to a pre-arranged permanent transfer).
Another Colwill I'd be happy with, another Fati (and one or two others I could name) - no thanks!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Another Colwill I'd be happy with, another Fati (and one or two others I could name) - no thanks!
Even Colwill - who I really rate, I’m not fussed about (except when I thought we might get him permanently).

He was great for us, but whose to say JPVH if we’d retaiNed and trusted him, wouldn’t have developed and done a similar job?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Even Colwill - who I really rate, I’m not fussed about (except when I thought we might get him permanently).

He was great for us, but whose to say JPVH if we’d retaiNed and trusted him, wouldn’t have developed and done a similar job?
Genuine choices for the manager. Brilliant to have that sort of squad depth, eh? Something some on NSC have been going on about for a while now........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports