Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palmer

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He's the most gormless looking and sounding player I've ever seen.
Agreed. And it really annoys me. How the f*** is he possibly better at football than me? The gormless twat.

To be honest this annoys me with lots of players. Billy Gilmour, for example. I just can’t see how a little ratty runt like him can play in the Premier League, but I can’t. It’s not fair.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hmm, you have to wonder why all the decent targets never seem to get over the line. Palmer, Kudus, KDH
There are bigger clubs, sadly.

I can't think of a single example where a recognizably hot player (not a hopeful punt) singed for the smaller of two clubs seeking his signature.

When I say bigger, I mean clubs who pay more and have a history of winning things.

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
Annoyingly, we've probably seen two of the best examples of headed goals in the Premier League this season (de Bruyne and Palmer) against us at the Amex.
Yup, couldn't even be mad about it, or about Cucu's cross under pressure to Palmer. Our lack of first-choice fullbacks let us down last night.

boik

Yup, couldn't even be mad about it, or about Cucu's cross under pressure to Palmer. Our lack of first-choice fullbacks let us down last night.
We ended with none of our first choice back 4, and still missing our first choice wingers. Combined with a less than perfect midfield and it's amazing that we're still fairly competitive.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Southgate needs to find away to get him /Foden / Kane / Bellingham / Saka in his side.
Not at the expense of Maguire, Mings, Trippier, Henderson etc, surely?!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Southgate needs to find away to get him /Foden / Kane / Bellingham / Saka in his side.
Not forgetting Anthony Gordon. The next England manager is going to be blessed with an embarrassment of Young Lion riches, up front and indeed throughout the side. A Golden Generation without, seemingly, the egos of the last lot

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I kind of hope that RDZ is clocking all of this and realising that having fullbacks who can defend is the preferable option.
Veltman would have destroyed Cucurella.
Shame he was injured.

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
We ended with none of our first choice back 4, and still missing our first choice wingers. Combined with a less than perfect midfield and it's amazing that we're still fairly competitive.
For sure, only singled out the full backs because it's what Chelsea exploited to great effect.

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
I kind of hope that RDZ is clocking all of this and realising that having fullbacks who can defend is the preferable option.
Veltman would have destroyed Cucurella.
Shame he was injured.
Indeed re Veltman, it occurred to me yesterday that his goal at Newcastle might have been pyrrhic if his subsequent injury meant we could not beat or even force a draw with Chelsea. But who really knows what would have happened.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I suspect that he had a word with Jason Steele in the tunnel about hair transplants though as no youngster would have a hairstyle like that if they weren’t receding prematurely.
If I was his agent I'd be straight on the blower to Silvikrin because fair play to the lad, he somehow manages to make the most of what he's still got.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here