Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palarse...

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
This is my first post on her so dont boo me down...
I was born in hove, moved to nottingham when I was two and moved back down here last year, now 18 years old, always supported albion but obviously have a soft spot for forest.

Everyone always talks about a 'history' lesson when it comes to the rivalry with palace, whats this all about? I know we are close to them and all but...

Just want to know really haha, see you on the 27th!! :albion2:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
There was a thread on this a few days ago.

As a newbie may I suggest you try the search facility or failing that see those little numbers at the bottom RHS, they are pages and if you click on them you should be able to find it.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This is my first post on her so dont boo me down...
I was born in hove, moved to nottingham when I was two and moved back down here last year, now 18 years old, always supported albion but obviously have a soft spot for forest.

Everyone always talks about a 'history' lesson when it comes to the rivalry with palace, whats this all about? I know we are close to them and all but...

Just want to know really haha, see you on the 27th!! :albion2:

Nothing obvious about that... I lived in Nottingham for 3 years and they're a right dull match. I actually fell asleep in the Trent End during a match once. County all the way for me.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Plastics? what plastics...

Enjoy the game zfleas :)

If he'd always supported BHA that would generally mean you're not a plastic. But believe what you want.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
If he'd always supported BHA that would generally mean you're not a plastic. But believe what you want.
The ground will be full of these type on the 27th, they haven't got a clue, I hope you bods who do realise what it means to both sets of fans give a clip around the ear hole to the likes of zfleas.

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
The ground will be full of these type on the 27th, they haven't got a clue, I hope you bods who do realise what it means to both sets of fans give a clip around the ear hole to the likes of zfleas.

And he's got the cheek to call us Palarse. Bless him.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

The point being the ground will be full, remember what that's like :shrug:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dont be f***ing STUPID there are many "newer" Palace fans that didnt even realise Brighton were their rivals and thinking it was Charlton.

Like older Palace fans its up to older Brighton fans to put them right.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

This

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Palace crowd averages:

2004: 17,344 Championship

2005: 24,103 Premier League

2006: 19,457 Championship.

This season: 13,424 Nothing fickle or plastic about the palace support then...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Are you sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin.

Once upon a time, there was a tenacious, hot-headed England midfielder called Alan Mullery who played a blinder in the World Cup of 1970. Almost wherever he went, he was praised as the man who successfully marked Pele out of a game. Unfortunately, his performances did not impress Malcolm Allison, the charismatic coach of Manchester City. The two had a very public falling out on The Big Match:

[yt]lTGWnDLNiRw[/yt]

Years later, Fedora-wearing Malcolm Allison was busy getting Crystal Palace relegated twice. When he finally resigned, Alan Mullery thought he could prove himself as the better manager by getting Crystal Palace back into the top flight. He gave his job application for the vacant Selhurst Park position for his ex-Spurs mate Terry Venables to glance over before posting. Terry Venables, fancying the job for himself, chucked the application in the bin and applied for the vacancy. When Venables was appointed, Mullery felt betrayed by his former best buddy and decided to do all that he could to destroy Crystal Palace.

Mullery was eventually appointed Brighton manager and from that day onwards, there was tremendous rivalry between the clubs. The two even had a bet for a fiver on who would win the 1976/77 FA Cup tie, with Venables enabling the ref Ron Challis, a 40 year old virgin, spend a night with Mary Stavin, Miss World during the 1970s, to ensure a Palace victory. At the end of the deciding game, Mullery chucked his fiver on the floor and said "Palace, you're not worth that."

The two club rose from the old Division Three up to Division One in 1979, with Venables' Palace having the Indian sign over Mullery's Brighton. In nine games between the sides, Brighton did not win once. Eventually, Alan Mullery got fed up and enlisted the help of a local clairvoyant called Eva who cast a spell on the hotel that Crystal Palace were staying at on the eve of their clash in December 1979. It worked. Brighton won 3-0, and Crystal Palace, hailed as 'team of the 80s' fell into decline. The following season, Brighton did the double over Palace who were relegated, such was the power of Eva's spell.

(All of this is true by the way ;-).

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

One thing it won't be full of is Palace fans, just like Selhurst Park for a Palace home game.

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
How can the lad help where he moved to when he was a kid. He's 18. Get a grip mate.

Thanks mate, how am I meant to make a 4 and a half hour train journey when i obviously had school and that to do? always followed them on bbc news and that, and obviously trying to get more involved now i live down here and can visit more games. as for the soft spot for forest... they were pretty much my local team for 15 odd years... you cant help but support them when everyone around you is as well?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Do we think that Gustavo appreciates the significance of this fixture and the need to win by at least five clear goals?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here