Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace's Cup Final

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Disagree with the OP. Palace have every right to be as jubilant and celebratory as they have been. If we had won in a similar fashion I'd have certainly bought the DVD of it. it's not small time it's recognising the significance of the win. I agree that we have the potential to go on to bigger and better things despite tuesdays result/performance but that does not mean a reversed situation would not have meant as much to us as it did to them.

Rather than belittle Palace's achievement it is up to us to man up and recognise that we were done by a team that wanted it more and played without fear. We have an opportunity to reverse that later in the season and I hope we take it. I was and am still gutted about tuesday, it wasn't JUST ANOTHER GAME, it was THE game so far and we f**ked it up, and I reluctantly accept that. Let's get on to Ipswich and try and put this thing behind us, but don't try and deny palace their moment of glory with weasel words in attempt to feel a little better.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Why would you bother paying the £10-15 quoted on the BBS for this once in a lifetime DVD when you can watch it all on YouTube?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
You could win at Selhurst in January and it won't even come close to erasing Tuesday.
That's it, get your excuses out of the way. :rollseyes:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Despite losing hurting like hell the events of tuesday and what has followed has proven to me how far ahead of them we are now.

It was totally their cup final, they know that is as good as it gets for them hence the euphoria, there was none of that when they beat us in the last minute at Withdean. They were the underdog for the first time in 25 years. We are going to reinforce and build year on year, with promotion the sole mid term aim and the infrastructure all in place to support it. They are just desperate to hang on to their kids and not go down.

Bringing out a special dvd shows how small time they are in comparison. There is no way we'd be doing that. They may have beaten us in a one off game because their players basically gave more of a toss, but we are the dominent club in this relationship now. They are looking at our ground and resources with pure envy.

In five years we will laugh at this as they cuddle their commerative dvd still dreaming of turning an artists drawing into a flatpack stadium.

My Palace-supporting next-door neighbour admitted it was their Cup Final – he can't believe they won.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
:rolleyes:

Utter tosh. It is a MASSIVE game for both sides and the fact it was an outstanding effort from our boys and a win on the first visit to your new stadium makes it worthy of a DVD release. Accept it, we outsung and outclassed you and the ending, 1-0 down then 3 goals in the last 10, makes it a game that will never be forgotten. You could win at Selhurst in January and it won't even come close to erasing Tuesday.

You then go on about how your future is so much better than ours but the only thing you have over us is a nicer ground and football isn't won off the pitch mate. Give me our academy starlets anyday, as Tuesday proved, in Zaha and Williams we have 2 players with the potential to be world class and when they do finally leave us we can look at receiving huge fees for both that will make the club stronger in the long run.

Sour grapes, 3-1, read it and weep! :clap2:

Oh dear!!!!!!!!!! Someone's getting slightly carried away...........:facepalm:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I think to say it was only our Cup Final is incredible naive. I've got a lot of Brighton supporting mates who have been dreaming of playing Palace in the Championship for a good few years now, something that hasn't been a major interest for all Palace fans.

The banter prior to the game was all one way, I knew better than to rise to it as I genuinely was expecting a heavy defeat. After the victory I let them have it and the replies I got included the words "devastated, embarrassed and humiliated" - doesn't that sound like Cup Final heartache?

I fully admit it was a Cup Final for myself, but to say it wasn't for Brighton fans is rather comical. I'd bet my left nut you'd have rubbed our faces in it by releasing a DVD had you won and probably will if you beat us at Selhurst.

You'll have to get immediate promotion or somehow keep hold of Poyet in the long term to dominate this rivalry because we also have a bright future with our fantastic academy.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
No wasn't a sell out but you do wonder if some people didn't go because they thought there might be trouble. Actually based on the season so far a mid table finish looks likely for both teams and it's highly debatabloe as to who will finish higher. Our bubble has been well and truly burst and that's maybe no such a bad thing in the short term. Personally given the abuse that has been heeped on Murray on here and at the game I thought his attitude was highly commendable. I have never bought into his 'Judas' title as I feel that as a profssional (or any diciplin) he's entitled to take the best deal on offer.

I think one or two league positions are starting to come to fruition, clearly Forest are crap and Millwall without Morrison ditto. Let's face it there's no really outstanding teams at the moment as any team seems to be able to beat any other team. Take Cardiff (beaten easily by us) then beating Saints. I think that the power teams are West Ham (much as I dislike Big Sam and his big mouth) and yes Southampton. Honestly as yet there are no clear cut heros although Tuesday night's result makes us look like over acheivers.

Yes believe it or not I would love Palace to thump West Pork however given the free flow of banana skins that abounds right now West Ham will probably win and we'll get at least a draw at the slightly overrated Ipswich. I think Southampton will knock several past Watford but I wouldn't want to call any Championship game this weekend.

I think that you're right about the calibre of the division. There are lots of very average sides - it amazes me how many poor sides there are that rock up at Selhurst. That said we've been awful in the second half of 09/10 and the first half of 10/11.

I've a BHA supporting mate (yes I've one but he's mainly Liverpool but with a ST at the Amex this year) and said you'd be 12th and us 16th this season. Maybe we can revise both of those upwards.

Also make you right about the weekend results - we'll fall flat against the Spammers and you'll get a point.

Cheers.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
F*ck, it was a poor thread to be fair. But YO Palace fans need to calm done a bit here. Yep. you were excellent, very few of us realistic BHA will dispute that. You done us up good an proper - kudos.

However lads - it's not the end of the season - so look up, see that you've still got some catching up to do, and come back when you've overtaken our position and our potential.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
And it would not have been yours had you have won? Not forgetting McShane's goal at Selhurst how you and still do rave on about that game. Believe me Tueday night was the best away game I have ever attended not for teh fact we won a football match but the fact it was on your turf and the manor in which we rolled you over - 5-1 favs to win on the night you were :mad::nono: :p and the fact that 18,000 Albion fans witnessed the event and will remeber it for a very very long time EAGLES :clap::clap:

Sorry, which game was that. I have not got a clue what you are talking about.

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
However (Palace) lads - it's not the end of the season - so look up, see that you've still got some catching up to do, and come back when you've overtaken our position and our potential.

This is a fair post - much more so than the OP.

No one can doubt your infrastructure (travel nightmares aside) and you'll probably be fairly big spenders again in January, whereas we won't. Potential? Yes, no question.

My take is that it was both teams' cup final (and I'm amazed it's not everyone's) and that's why we are getting carried away with the win. It's also been a while since we haven't completely bottled a derby game (see our recent results against Millwall for details - and even Charlton, if we are desperate and include them).

I think Albion Dan is one of the fans that Poyet referred to in his post match comments (the type that thinks you're world beaters when you aren't). Your gaffer was also spot on to say that you shouldn't beat yourselves up and think you're suddenly awful.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

No one can doubt your infrastructure (travel nightmares aside) and you'll probably be fairly big spenders again in January, whereas we won't. Potential? Yes, no question.

My take is that it was both teams' cup final (and I'm amazed it's not everyone's) and that's why we are getting carried away with the win. It's also been a while since we haven't completely bottled a derby game (see our recent results against Millwall for details - and even Charlton, if we are desperate and include them).

I think Albion Dan is one of the fans that Poyet referred to in his post match comments (the type that thinks you're world beaters when you aren't). Your gaffer was also spot on to say that you shouldn't beat yourselves up and think you're suddenly awful.

Top post 5 past Speroni :thumbsup:

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India

yep, nicely spoken. It's a bloody exciting season for us (obviously because we're new to these heady heights) and you guys are seasoned upper league survivors - shit, you done us good - but we're not gonna curl up and die. Your rivals still have a chance to out do you this season - so let's go again - football has a wonderful way of blowing your mind (Palace fans will understand that!!)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think that you're right about the calibre of the division. There are lots of very average sides - it amazes me how many poor sides there are that rock up at Selhurst. That said we've been awful in the second half of 09/10 and the first half of 10/11.

I've a BHA supporting mate (yes I've one but he's mainly Liverpool but with a ST at the Amex this year) and said you'd be 12th and us 16th this season. Maybe we can revise both of those upwards.

Also make you right about the weekend results - we'll fall flat against the Spammers and you'll get a point.

Cheers.

Word to the wise, quite apart from the fact I was born near Birbeck Station there are several clubs I dislike more than Palace, Leeds is one and QPR is another (now they are a tinpot club). I honestly hope that Palace batter West Ham but as we both agree too many clubs flatter to deceive abnd sadly BHA are one such team !

Good luck tomorrow mate.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003

i'm still hurting bad, as you would be if it had gone the other way. Losing to Ipswich today felt both inevitable and, to some degree, meaningless as I still haven't got over Tuesday. We have a lot of work to do if we are going to live in this league and you should feel rightly ebuliant after what was an excellent Palace performance.

salako

Banned
Sep 29, 2011
Despite losing hurting like hell the events of tuesday and what has followed has proven to me how far ahead of them we are now.

It was totally their cup final, they know that is as good as it gets for them hence the euphoria, there was none of that when they beat us in the last minute at Withdean. They were the underdog for the first time in 25 years. We are going to reinforce and build year on year, with promotion the sole mid term aim and the infrastructure all in place to support it. They are just desperate to hang on to their kids and not go down.

Bringing out a special dvd shows how small time they are in comparison. There is no way we'd be doing that. They may have beaten us in a one off game because their players basically gave more of a toss, but we are the dominent club in this relationship now. They are looking at our ground and resources with pure envy.

In five years we will laugh at this as they cuddle their commerative dvd still dreaming of turning an artists drawing into a flatpack stadium.

so 4 months on from struggling to fill the smalldean you are now a bigger and better club

so who will be your new rivals , perhaps chelsea or man u

i am sure after your second 3-1 defeat in a few days you will go from strength to strength and walk this league

i expect you will win the premier next season

perhaps you could choose Barcelona as your new rivals as they have the same colours as us,maybe that could be your new cup final !

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
so 4 months on from struggling to fill the smalldean you are now a bigger and better club

so who will be your new rivals , perhaps chelsea or man u

i am sure after your second 3-1 defeat in a few days you will go from strength to strength and walk this league

i expect you will win the premier next season

perhaps you could choose Barcelona as your new rivals as they have the same colours as us,maybe that could be your new cup final !

I know most of you lot cant read properly so I suppose you have an excuse for not understanding the bit where I wrote promotion is our mid term aim, how does that translate to going up this year or winning the premier league?

As for where we have moved in 4 months im afraid we are indeed now MILES ahead of you in terms of facilities and finances. Even your chairman said he aspires to build something similar to what we have pal. Well done on winning one football match against us though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here