Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace’s Accounts

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Short version

Revenue up 3% (and higher than the Albion)
Wages up 2% (and higher than the Albion)
Operating losses £36 million (and higher than the Albion)
Sale of Wan-Bissaka at end of season reversed the losses but no cash received at sale date
Steve Parish employment cost £3m (higher than the Albion)
Squad cost £208m (higher than the Albion).
Net debt £71m (lower than the Albion)

Overall their numbers reflect six years of being in PL compared to our two. Risky strategy in terms of some players on £130k a week but it has worked to date.

Long version is here

http://priceoffootball.com/crystal-palace-2018-19-dissidents/

Top bombing :lolol:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Parish is earning £3million a year?,For what? Turfing out good Palace Fans from their seats so that group of hooded virgins, with spotty noses, drums and loud hailers can create the best noise of the league ( think they have one of the worst home records)We have Bloom who puts in £300 million, they have Disney, thank the Lord, there is a god.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That £3 million is the rent for our soho offices. I’m certain Kieron knows this but it pops up every year :rolleyes:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
That £3 million is the rent for our soho offices. I’m certain Kieron knows this but it pops up every year :rolleyes:

genuine question, but why do you need soho offices? Especially if they are costing your £3 000 000 a year. Is there any advantage to having Central London offices? On the face of it I can see no reason to have offices away from the ground/training facility?

SAC

May 21, 2014

Sorry but that can't be true. Office rent in Soho is around £65 per square foot, £3 million would get a tower block.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Swiss is a good friend of mine and is the Godfather of football finance in my eyes. He’s far too smart and earning millions to waste his time doing unpaid media work!

I tried to commission him to do PAID media work a decade or so ago, and he made it quite clear he didn't need the money. :lolol:

Did he used to live in Brighton? He seems to 'follow' us as well as Arsenal.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
genuine question, but why do you need soho offices? Especially if they are costing your £3 000 000 a year. Is there any advantage to having Central London offices? On the face of it I can see no reason to have offices away from the ground/training facility?

Its in Soho because stuff keeps getting nicked and set on fire in Croydon..

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
( think they have one of the worst home records)

Palace have amassed 25 points from their games at Selhurst so far this season, making them 12th in the home league table.

In comparison, Brighton have managed 18 points at home, albeit having played one fewer home game.

The worst home record this season goes to Southampton, closely followed by West Ham and Norwich.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I also read somewhere the other day that Palace had borrowed £14m to aid cash flow. Now all clubs must be hurting but it does suggest some on going issues? Assuming its true of course...

In the last accounts it was £40m. Borrowed against future TV income and then repaid, and then borrowed again......

I presume this is the £37m figure mentioned in EP's article.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Would you invite a potential "world class" player or foreign "multi billionaire investor" to a Portacabin in Bromley, with the canteen closes by Public Health Engand as they have as a training facility ?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Would you invite a potential "world class" player or foreign "multi billionaire investor" to a Portacabin in Bromley, with the canteen closes by Public Health Engand as they have as a training facility ?

Other than the fact that the canteen wasn’t closed down by Public Health England and the zero rating was made by the Food Standards Agency, I think you’ve got a valid point.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Other than the fact that the canteen wasn’t closed down by Public Health England and the zero rating was made by the Food Standards Agency, I think you’ve got a valid point.

Thanks, so even the rats did a runner then :whistle::wink:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I know we love to knock Palace and their ground, finances, fans and owner BUT we have to start delivering on Tony's plan soon otherwise we're going to look like first class mugs. Palace's record in the last few years has been very good, we can't deny that and something we, at the moment, can only dream of. EPL survival and another couple of seasons in the EPL should start to deliver this.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Parish is earning £3million a year?,For what? Turfing out good Palace Fans from their seats so that group of hooded virgins, with spotty noses, drums and loud hailers can create the best noise of the league ( think they have one of the worst home records)We have Bloom who puts in £300 million, they have Disney, thank the Lord, there is a god.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That hairdo of his must cost a few quid.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know we love to knock Palace and their ground, finances, fans and owner BUT we have to start delivering on Tony's plan soon otherwise we're going to look like first class mugs. Palace's record in the last few years has been very good, we can't deny that and something we, at the moment, can only dream of. EPL survival and another couple of seasons in the EPL should start to deliver this.

CP’s owners always deliver in player spending, they’re mid table for wages spend, they’re not afraid to spend big in fees (some duffers ... most clubs do too), they pay ‘game changers’ big money, with some quality loanees over recent years. That investment gives them mid table PL status, there is no miracle.

TB has tried to be cute on PL wages, refusing to pay more than our purported wages ceiling of £60k a week, ruling out sought after players from the PL/Championship. Whilst CP, West Ham etc gazump others. Our £200m spend on transfer fees includes flops and quite a few players where the jury’s out. All in all, giving rise to three years of relegation battles, our PL status is on a knife edge, yet again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here