Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palaceby train.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
I have only ever driven to this hole but going by train next week. Is the best route from Brighton to go to Clapham Junction & change? or is thier a better option? Thanks.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What type of train is a Palaceby ?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Brighton, change at East Croydon for Norwood Junction. 10 minute walk from there.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Probably best to go to East Croydon and then on to Norwood (or Thornton Heath)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
East Croydon then on to Selhurst is quicker.

Jan 19, 2011
I have book day off do I can get to palace for afternoon beers, what time train are you guys catching?

Group of us meeting in the RB about 2 ish

Going up from there for a few afternoon / evening beers.

Times and destinations will be sorted then, just follow the crowd.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Have always gone East Croydon then Selhurst when I've gone there.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What did we do before the internet?

Oh yes PHONE and MAP.

bognorandy

Aug 5, 2008
Bognor Regis
I would love to go to this game when loyalty points allow but my fear would be getting train back to Bognor afterwards as theres not much time and you never know if old bill keep us in like they have done before. Whats the nearest station to the ground or the easiest one to get away from?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The police will have a say in it. Aren't any of the trains from Brighton to London Victoria making a special stop at Selhurst this time?

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
Taken from the excellent Football Ground Guide

By train ...

The nearest railway stations are Selhurst or Thornton Heath which are served by London Victoria main line station, Clapham Junction, London Bridge (every 30 mins) and East Croydon (every 15 mins). You can also use Norwood Junction station which is also served by Victoria, but is a little further away. It is then a 10-15 minute walk to ground. Please note that Crystal Palace station is nowhere near the ground.

If you are coming from outside London, it may be an idea to purchase a 'Travelcard' at the first tube station you encounter (or some train operators also allow you to add this onto your train ticket) and tell the clerk that you want a 'Travelcard' that will cover you as far as Selhurst or Thornton Heath. The card then allows you unlimited travel on the tube and trains within the London travel zone and avoids having to buy a ticket for each leg of the journey.

Drinking ...

Opposite Thornton Heath Railway Station there is a Wetherspoon pub, called the 'The Flora Sandes' which is popular with both home and away supporters. Also close by is 'The Railway Telegraph' on Brigstock (as you come out of Thornton Heath station turn right and the pub is further down on the left). This pub serves Youngs beers and is quite spacious. It is thne about a 15 minute walk from here to the ground (as you come out of the pubs turn right and follow the other fans). There are plenty of Kebab & Chip shops available on the route to the ground.

Otherwise near Norwood Junction Railway Station on the High Street is another Wetherspoon outlet called 'The William Stanley' (From the Station turn right at the Clock Tower into the High Street). The nearby Alliance pub on Station Road (by the clock tower) and 'The Ship' on the High Street have also both been recommended.

And just for a giggle ....

On the whole Crystal Palace is a fairly relaxed ground to visit and you are unlikely to encounter any problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here