Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace - You CLOWNS!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Whilst I believe football shirts should not be warn by anyone not playing football the Speroni fella was just having a laugh, Could have grown a better beard though.

That's a lot of money to spend just to 'have a laugh'...though I suppose people do that when they by season tickets in the slum. Must be a Croydon thing.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
No need, I'll tell you. Palace signed some excellent players, including Don Rogers and Charlie Cooke, beat Manchester United 5-0 and achieved their first ever victory in a London derby in the top flight - and still managed to get relegated.

True. But YOUR last game as a top division club was to get walloped by United 4-0. Seems to have done some lasting damage, every time you get near going back to the top league you choke. "Hibssing it " bigtime.

And Charlie Cooke by then (1972/3) was to be honest a shadow of what he had been in his Chelsea glory years. A bit like Bobby Z really. On the other hand we got Paddy Mulligan as well as Cooke, and stupidly did a "Muzza" with him, gave him a free. He went on to put WBA back in the First.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
True. But YOUR last game as a top division club was to get walloped by United 4-0. Seems to have done some lasting damage, every time you get near going back to the top league you choke. "Hibssing it " bigtime.

I believe our last game as a top division club was a 2-1 defeat at Norwich. By the time of the FA Cup final we were already down and the league season was over (no play offs so after the last game everyone knew where they would be playing next season). Nice try though, don't let the facts get in the way of a story

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

And Charlie Cooke by then (1972/3) was to be honest a shadow of what he had been in his Chelsea glory years. A bit like Bobby Z really. On the other hand we got Paddy Mulligan as well as Cooke, and stupidly did a "Muzza" with him, gave him a free. He went on to put WBA back in the First.

We could have gone into Administration TWICE, shafted local businesses etc TWICE and done it the right way I suppose!

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel

I'd say the lasting damage was done for money reasons rather than not winning a trophy. By that logic not winning the FA cup means your teams dismal performance this season is telling that you are on the slippery slope down, Goldstone got demolished but Selhurst is probably due to collapse any second, it's a miracle that shack hasn't been condemned yet.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Any idea what Palace have spent their £72m on this season? Hard to imagine much of it went on the team... so someone has been coining it in??

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Any idea what Palace have spent their £72m on this season? Hard to imagine much of it went on the team... so someone has been coining it in??

Wages i'd say. Reckon the wage bill this season will be around £55-60m.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Keep dreaming and choking.

Parish knows what he is doing regarding players contracts, He tends to load contracts towards appearances, clean sheets and goals rather than a big basic.I'd think you would have to agree he has done a very good job over the past 5 years? Can't see him giving someone like Adebayor a 4 or 5 year deal, can you?

Also do **** off as this is a thread about Palace, ta.

No YOU **** off because this is a BRIGHTON message board about Palace. Im sure there are ****ing loads on BBS but do I go on there no. Trouble is the guy who runs this too afraid due to the £££ to have an away end when really its the best for all concerned.

As Buzzer has said before Palace fans are so needy. Please tell us we are the noisiest, please tell us we are the best....please.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
No YOU **** off because this is a BRIGHTON message board about Palace. Im sure there are ****ing loads on BBS but do I go on there no. Trouble is the guy who runs this too afraid due to the £££ to have an away end when really its the best for all concerned.

As Buzzer has said before Palace fans are so needy. Please tell us we are the noisiest, please tell us we are the best....please.

Strange post with a hint of jealousy at the end, maybe best for you to give the Palace threads on here a miss and just enjoy the rest of NSC.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Adebayor. What. A. Signing. :lolol:

And its not like anyone here likes to say we told you so.

But we told you so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here