Palace will stay up!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
Bent would be an excellent signing for Palace and just the sort of player you need to have a chance of staying up. However, it would appear, as usual, that Palace are trying to do it half cocked - on a dodgy loan deal , with % wage payments and survival bonuses etc. If you've got the money buy him and pay him , don't feck around.

It's like your ground improvements - you're fiddling around with replacing a few seats and dabbing a few coats of paint here and there. You remind me of an annoying neighbour who skimps on everything and ends up with a house that appears shite and then tells everyone how wonderful it looks.

I've seen nothing yet which doesn't confirm that you are still operating on a tinpot level despite the Prem cash injection. I guess with such a poor support base it's always going to be difficult for you.

I wish you lot would make your minds up. Do you want us to be financially prudent (as we are being), or piss it all up the wall again?

Palace are running two game plans, short and long-term. Chamakh and Bent (if it happens) are clearly short-term, as we don't want to cover the costs if we get relegated - I'm sure you will agree that this is sensible. We are also making long-term signings, such as Gayle and Campagna, who will be happy to play in the Championship, if necessary, with the aim of getting promoted again.

There's no point in spending serious money on the ground, it'll all be renovated in the future. The bits that are being updated, like the new seats, can be reused when the stands get re-done. Again, financially prudent.

Perhaps Brighton should consider having some sort of strategy, it could work for you. It seems that this year's plan is to copy what Palace did last year, by losing all of your early matches and bringing no decent signings in until the last minute. Will lightening strike twice, doubt it. Still, all your thousands of extra fans will help with those MASSIVE financial losses won't they? No?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
With the FFP limit this season set at £8 mill, Brighton should scrape in just under.
The worry is the season after, when it's set at £5 mil. With more and more customers eating and drinking elsewhere, the projected revenue streams probably won't be met, and customers won't be happy with the price of the tickets and the type of football on offer.
With your large gates and prices, it's a concern for all clubs.
Not rosy in the garden.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Papers saying £40k a week of Bents wages will be paid for by Palace, But bitterness clouds your view as per usual. I don't actually think it will happen anyway.

Chicksen, Augustein and Andrews. All steady players at your level, Should do ok for you. But where is the FLAIR? :D

This Grimsby fella seems to think he know's all about everything that goes on at Palace when he's barely got a clue about what happens at his own club & passes speculation off as fact.

If he quotes anything about wages etc then I pass it off as artistic license and far off the mark.

The £65k a week figure was reported on Tuesday. http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/661714052?-21923:14810 It wasn't until late last night that The Mirror http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/661921593?-284:829 came up with a lower figure of £40k a week plus a lump sum at the end of the season (what's the betting the lump sum is the equivalent of £25k a week ?) The truth is Palace fans cannot handle the truth and anything that they disagree with is fobbed off as speculation so that in their own mind they are correct.

Y Ddraig Goch

Sep 28, 2011
Bent would be an excellent signing for Palace and just the sort of player you need to have a chance of staying up. However, it would appear, as usual, that Palace are trying to do it half cocked - on a dodgy loan deal , with % wage payments and survival bonuses etc. If you've got the money buy him and pay him , don't feck around.

It's like your ground improvements - you're fiddling around with replacing a few seats and dabbing a few coats of paint here and there. You remind me of an annoying neighbour who skimps on everything and ends up with a house that appears shite and then tells everyone how wonderful it looks.

I've seen nothing yet which doesn't confirm that you are still operating on a tinpot level despite the Prem cash injection. I guess with such a poor support base it's always going to be difficult for you.

The reality is we didn't expect to get promoted anytime soon. We were playing a cautious game building season in season. We did get promoted and have to try and do our best to survive without mortgaging our future as has happened previously.

Chamahk & Bent (if it happens) are shrewd deals that will not leave us exposed if / when relegated. That's not tin pot it's common sense, something previous chairmen have often lacked.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
The truth is Palace fans cannot handle the truth and anything that they disagree with is fobbed off as speculation so that in their own mind they are correct.

user6133_pic34477_1326494238.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Palace have just announced an international friendly against Oman on September 10th. Possibly the only occasion during the season they will have a chance of winning a game at home.

HansIsALiar

Banned
Jul 24, 2013
Palace have just announced an international friendly against Oman on September 10th. Possibly the only occasion during the season they will have a chance of winning a game at home.

You're quite right. Our home form last season was very worrying: W13 D8 L2

I was very worried about our away form as well until the second leg of the playoffs where last season's best player in the Championship scored two goals to send us to Wembley, where he then won a penalty and got us promoted :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I was very worried about our away form as well until the second leg of the playoffs where last season's best player in the Championship scored two goals to send us to Wembley, where he then won a penalty and got us promoted :)

Welcome back Seaside , I like your avatar :wink:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Oh Seaside aka Glenn-Murray aka HansIsALiar is back when there is reports the they have signed Bent.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oh Seaside aka Glenn-Murray aka HansIsALiar is back when there is reports the they have signed Bent.

Pretty certain you've left off a aka username or possibly two.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Can i ask, how can anyone on this thread say how much Palace are paying of Bent's wages should he sign.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
They're normally quite a reliable indicator of where money is being wagered. But one (wrong) person can change the odds with a single foolish bet.

I could go and put £500 on Fulham and they will go favourites. You have been made favourites because there as been a flood of bets on you because of one tweet.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
I could go and put £500 on Fulham and they will go favourites. You have been made favourites because there as been a flood of bets on you because of one tweet.

I doubt £500 would do it, but yes I agree that money shifts odds. That's what I said. Odds are an indicator of where money is being placed. A lot of people putting money in him going to Palace. This could easily be because of wrong information, or a large amount from someone with inside information.

I'll believe I when I see it, though I note that when its something NSC wants to happen (like Dougie leaving to Bolton), odds are hailed as being a serious indicator of what is to happen, but if its for something that you don't want to happen (us signing Bent) they're meaningless.

Funny that :)

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I doubt £500 would do it, but yes I agree that money shifts odds. That's what I said. Odds are an indicator of where money is being placed. A lot of people putting money in him going to Palace. This could easily be because of wrong information, or a large amount from someone with inside information.

I'll believe I when I see it, though I note that when its something NSC wants to happen (like Dougie leaving to Bolton), odds are hailed as being a serious indicator of what is to happen, but if its for something that you don't want to happen (us signing Bent) they're meaningless.

Funny that :)

Your always willy waving, why? Its like its you have been sent here by Prince Charming to defend every bad thing said about " The Might Palace"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports