Palace will stay up!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, look at what a 2 bit club we are, attracting quality players like Chamackh and the Spanish U20 captain. Darren Bent also rumoured to be close to joining.

How's Chicksen, Agustein and Keith Andrews doing Grimbo? QUALITY signings those :lolol:

I am pleased that you think you have bought well, it will make your demise all the more galling for you. I would be seriously concerned at the unproven players you've bought to bolster your team, if I were a Palace fan. The players we have bought, Chicksen apart, are all proven at this level or above, what's not to like?

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Yep, look at what a 2 bit club we are, attracting quality players like Chamackh and the Spanish U20 captain. Darren Bent also rumoured to be close to joining.

How's Chicksen, Agustein and Keith Andrews doing Grimbo? QUALITY signings those :lolol:

Let's face it Mr Zero 5 that club up there in SE whatever it is a pretty poor advert for The Prem. In actual fact you have lowered the tone of The Prem with the addition of that team up there. Pity the poor Spurs having to lower themselves to go that place in SE whatever it is on saturday. Still at least Spurs fans can get their food and veg etc straight after the match.

raba

Jun 9, 2013
Let's face it Mr Zero 5 that club up there in SE whatever it is a pretty poor advert for The Prem. In actual fact you have lowered the tone of The Prem with the addition of that team up there. Pity the poor Spurs having to lower themselves to go that place in SE whatever it is on saturday. Still at least Spurs fans can get their food and veg etc straight after the match.

Shame your boys lost their bottle in the playoffs because if they had held it together you'd be getting excited about thr new season & not have a 100% league & cup losing streak.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea

Chamackh a quality signing???? He was **** for a good team, imagine how shit he will be for you boys?

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Shame your boys lost their bottle in the playoffs because if they had held it together you'd be getting excited about thr new season & not have a 100% league & cup losing streak.

Yep would have been nice to have gone up, admit that, but to be honest it would have been a bit of a struggle with the team we have so perhaps in the end it was a blessing. We would need to have strengthened quite considerably to even have stayed up. We will get there but hopefully with a stronger squad. Anyway looking forward to the Holloway press conferences.

Palace man

Jan 31, 2013
Chamackh a quality signing???? He was **** for a good team, imagine how shit he will be for you boys?

He actually done well in his first season, and once Van Persie came back from injury, he was hardly gonna keep him out of the team was he? Would you fancy being understudy to Robin Van Persie?

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
He actually done well in his first season, and once Van Persie came back from injury, he was hardly gonna keep him out of the team was he? Would you fancy being understudy to Robin Van Persie?

He's scored 8 league goals in 40 league appearances for Arsenal! You really call that quality?????

No excuse who's coming back in, if he was doing well he would have been given a chance! Stop trying to big him up, you know as well as I do that he's ****!

raba

Jun 9, 2013
Yep would have been nice to have gone up, admit that, but to be honest it would have been a bit of a struggle with the team we have so perhaps in the end it was a blessing. We would need to have strengthened quite considerably to even have stayed up. We will get there but hopefully with a stronger squad. Anyway looking forward to the Holloway press conferences.

Without a doubt it's going to be a major struggle, we're going to be on the end of some beatings but we always seem to be in a relegation dogfight in the Championship so it'll be, in my opinion, easier to take getting beat 4-0.t home to Man U than 4-0 at home to Birmingham.

I don't think Holloway will be his usual jokey self at press conferences, can see him being more grumpy and dour like Nigel Pearson.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry - Chamakh scored THREE goals in TWO seasons at Prem level. How can that be considered a "quality" signing?

raba

Jun 9, 2013
He's scored 8 league goals in 40 league appearances for Arsenal! You really call that quality?????

No excuse who's coming back in, if he was doing well he would have been given a chance! Stop trying to big him up, you know as well as I do that he's ****!
Glenn Murray scored as many in his first season with Palace then he settled in.

Although his record isn't great, on a year long contract with options to extend then I'm happy to give Chamakh a chance.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Glenn Murray scored as many in his first season with Palace then he settled in.

Although his record isn't great, on a year long contract with options to extend then I'm happy to give Chamakh a chance.

Bit different in the PL, granted in the championship he may bang them in buy cant see Chamackah scorning loads for you if he can't for a champions league team!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Chamakh might do well in division 2 (Championship) next year, which I guess is the idea.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Chamakh is only there for the money , signed a 1 year deal because he doesn't want to play in The Championship next season , could be lucky and be Palace's top scorer with 7 goals. Campana is only there to put himself in the shop window and attract attention from the BIG clubs. Please sign Darren Bent because his £65k a week wages will all be paid by the club who takes him on loan , £3M+ on the wages bill. Crystal Palace following in the footsteps of Wolves and Pompey. Chicksen , Agustein and Andrews are playing for the shirt and want to play for the club instead of several Palace players pissing off when it all goes tits up at Smellhurst.

raba

Jun 9, 2013
Bit different in the PL, granted in the championship he may bang them in buy cant see Chamackah scorning loads for you if he can't for a champions league team!

He may well surprise many people, myself included but I'll wait until the season's started before having an opinion.

Andy Johnson came to us from Birmingham reserves as a make weight for Clinton Morrison & he was second top goalscorer behind Thierry Henry. I didn't see that one coming!

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Chamakh is only there for the money , signed a 1 year deal because he doesn't want to play in The Championship next season , could be lucky and be Palace's top scorer with 7 goals. Campana is only there to put himself in the shop window and attract attention from the BIG clubs. Please sign Darren Bent because his £65k a week wages will all be paid by the club who takes him on loan , £3M+ on the wages bill. Crystal Palace following in the footsteps of Wolves and Pompey. Chicksen , Agustein and Andrews are playing for the shirt and want to play for the club instead of several Palace players pissing off when it all goes tits up at Smellhurst.

Papers saying £40k a week of Bents wages will be paid for by Palace, But bitterness clouds your view as per usual. I don't actually think it will happen anyway.

Chicksen, Augustein and Andrews. All steady players at your level, Should do ok for you. But where is the FLAIR? :D

raba

Jun 9, 2013
Papers saying £40k a week of Bents wages will be paid for by Palace, But bitterness clouds your view as per usual. I don't actually think it will happen anyway.

Chicksen, Augustein and Andrews. All steady players at your level, Should do ok for you. But where is the FLAIR? :D
This Grimsby fella seems to think he know's all about everything that goes on at Palace when he's barely got a clue about what happens at his own club & passes speculation off as fact.

If he quotes anything about wages etc then I pass it off as artistic license and far off the mark.

Y Ddraig Goch

Sep 28, 2011

Newsflash. Footballer playing for money not shirt shocker. Don't kid yourself that football players are loyal to their clubs. You might get the odd or but they are vey few and far between. Agustein is with you because he failed in the Premier League and has had to drop back down to the Championship. Chamahk moved to us to stay in the PL.

You probably dread Bent joining us as you know that will improve our chances of survival.

Campaña is on a five year contract, if as everyone expects we get relegated we still won't have any real need to sell unless its for the right price.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Campaña is on a five year contract, if as everyone expects we get relegated we still won't have any real need to sell unless its for the right price.

I don't understand why a player like him would sign for a club like Palace ( or any one of another 1/2 dozen premier clubs) other than to put himself in the shop window. If he is a success Palace will use the long contract to lever more cash from the buying club, but for the player signing a 5 year deal makes no sense at all

Newsflash. Footballer playing for money not shirt shocker. Don't kid yourself that football players are loyal to their clubs. You might get the odd or but they are vey few and far between. Agustein is with you because he failed in the Premier League and has had to drop back down to the Championship. Chamahk moved to us to stay in the PL.

You probably dread Bent joining us as you know that will improve our chances of survival.

Bent would be an excellent signing for Palace and just the sort of player you need to have a chance of staying up. However, it would appear, as usual, that Palace are trying to do it half cocked - on a dodgy loan deal , with % wage payments and survival bonuses etc. If you've got the money buy him and pay him , don't feck around.

It's like your ground improvements - you're fiddling around with replacing a few seats and dabbing a few coats of paint here and there. You remind me of an annoying neighbour who skimps on everything and ends up with a house that appears shite and then tells everyone how wonderful it looks.

I've seen nothing yet which doesn't confirm that you are still operating on a tinpot level despite the Prem cash injection. I guess with such a poor support base it's always going to be difficult for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports