Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace will always have the upper hand on us

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I've long suspected this, but last night confirmed it. We might now have the better ground, more fans (at the moment) and arguably better players, but in the end they will always be on top. Two wins in however many years have been mere brief (and ultimately meaningless) highlights in an otherwise constantly losing battle.

1979 - Beating us to the Division 2 title
2002 - Smashing us 5-0 in the most eagerly anticipated league meeting in years
2004 - We win the play-offs to reach Division 1, they win the play-offs to reach the Premier League
2005 - Injury time winner at Withdean
2011 - Sign our top goalscorer on a Bosman and go on to become the first away team to win at the Amex
2012 - FFSMurray-inspired 3-0 win at Selhurst
2013 - Beat us in the play-offs, despite being rank outsiders

We can bang on about Groupon and burning their own town all we like but the sooner we accept that, on the pitch, where it matters, we will always be in their shadow, the better.

Sort your glasses out fella! Seriously naff and out-dated. Did Specsavers not have anything decent when you popped in?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The statistics say differently.

All tied up now for same amount of win vs each other. Which suggests a very even playing history.

Head to Head (all league and cup matches) we still lead 37-36

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I've long suspected this, but last night confirmed it. We might now have the better ground, more fans (at the moment) and arguably better players, but in the end they will always be on top. Two wins in however many years have been mere brief (and ultimately meaningless) highlights in an otherwise constantly losing battle.

2004 - We win the play-offs to reach Division 1, they win the play-offs to reach the Premier League
2011 - Sign our top goalscorer on a Bosman and go on to become the first away team to win at the Amex

We can bang on about Groupon and burning their own town all we like but the sooner we accept that, on the pitch, where it matters, we will always be in their shadow, the better.

Get a grip, we are developing at lightspeed. New training ground will give us prem facilities. I believe we will cement ourselves in top division before long. We've only had 2 yrs in champ, palace have had ages

Oct 11, 2005
London

Incredible comments, with little or no regard for our recent history. Please actually look at the stats - we're roughly even on results.

Since Hereford we've been rebuilding slowly but we're on the right path. New ground and training facilities. We beat Palace 3-0 this season. Whilst up the A23 in Croydon, Selhurst is falling apart.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC

Trust me from this day forward things will start to change.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
You've heard of the phrase 'Rome was not built in a day'? We've had 2 seasons since moving from the life support machine that was Withdean and aren't doing too bad by finishing 4th in the league and having more season ticket holders than the rest of the championship has average attendances!

I agree, they still have the upper hand on the pitch - only just - but our infrastructure and potential is far greater than Palace's.

This!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

I'm not sure the final league table agrees with your theory, your just like our manager at times negative.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Come on Safeway, we’re playing catch up but how we have closed the gap in such a short space of time is extraordinary.

We have been beaten by our arch rivals, we MIGHT not have quite as good a season next year and some of our better players are sure to leave BUT we have all the foundations in place to be successful for years to come. Keep the bloody faith!

To you the complete badger, dear god I bet you were wetting your knickers when that second goal went in. I’d never question someone’s support the their chosen team but I honestly believe it’s time you pledged your allegiances elsewhere. There’s absolutely no place for someone like you in our renaissance. In fact stuff it I’ll pledge fifty quid to get you a season ticket at palace next year.

D

Deleted member 22389

Come on Safeway, we’re playing catch up but how we have closed the gap in such a short space of time is extraordinary.

We have been beaten by our arch rivals, we MIGHT not have quite as good a season next year and some of our better players are sure to leave BUT we have all the foundations in place to be successful for years to come. Keep the bloody faith!

To you the complete badger, dear god I bet you were wetting your knickers when that second goal went in. I’d never question someone’s support the their chosen team but I honestly believe it’s time you pledged your allegiances elsewhere. There’s absolutely no place for someone like you in our renaissance. In fact stuff it I’ll pledge fifty quid to get you a season ticket at palace next year.

Got to give credit to Palace, they came with a plan it worked. I still hate Palace and will be looking for revenge next season if they don't go up.

farawaysaint

Oct 1, 2011
I think it depends, If Palace get promoted this year what are the parachutes up to now? Guaranteed 120mil or something? Promotion and you'll have some serious ground to make up, if they don't do it and you consider their money troubles then I see some serious problems in their future.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
How many points a season do they get you?

Fans? Do you mean the ones who stayed to the end or the ones who left with 10 minutes to go with it all to play for?

No one left until the 2nd goal went in with 2 minutes to go.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title

:nono:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I think it depends, If Palace get promoted this year what are the parachutes up to now? Guaranteed 120mil or something? Promotion and you'll have some serious ground to make up, if they don't do it and you consider their money troubles then I see some serious problems in their future.

Do you think so, surely if they get promoted and gain this kind of money, the first thing they will do as an honourable club, will pay all the debts to the people that suffered in their two admins in just over a decade. You see Mr Saint, they are not like Southampton who when they came into money they paid everyone the money the owed. And if everyone else had not had to subsidise their very existence, all the results that safeway is quoting since 2000 and again since 2010, would not have happened
And taking the £40 MILL it cost creditors in the last admin that's a huge amount out of the PL payments.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
We've been hamstrung for 14 years plus. The first 2 years we're back on a even footing, we finish above them in the league twice.

They got some results against us. We're going to get some against them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here