Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace v Leicester

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Leicester to win please. Can NEVER wish the Nigels getting anything out of any game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really struggling to work out what would be best result for us on this one. I guess a draw so neither side get 3 points, but obviously my heart wants Palace to lose. Then there's the argument that as long as we win it doesn't matter. What do people reckon? *confused dot com*
I'm a bit confused on this one too.

5 teams are playing for 3 places, so we need to finish above any 2 of the other teams. Of the 4 other teams, despite Palace's run, we're least likely to finish above them. So I'm thinking we want a Palace win. They can get a playoff place, but derail Leicester, which helps us.

The best thing would be for neither of them to get points, and the worst thing would be if they both got 3 - obviously neither of those scenarios can happen, so I think the reality is that it'll be ok (not great) whatever happens.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Leicester to thrash and totally demoralise Palace - Leicester's other games are tough enough anyway - they wont win them all

This game is a win win for us but if leicester manage to finish in the play offs with the games they have got, good luck to them. I can't see them doing it though.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
This is a joke right?
If you have any doubts that a Palace defeat is not the best option ANY time they play then you should consider handing back your SeasonTicket in shame

Dec 29, 2011
It's a difficult one. If Leicester win, Palace still have three games to gain points on us, as they have one in hand. If Leicester lose they're all but out of the hunt IMO. That would point to a Palace win being good. However, if Leicester win Palace will be right in the play-off mix, only one point ahead of the rest and then maybe we could have a top 6 of Forrest, Bolton, Watford and Brighton.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A palace win is best for us surely
That's what I'm thinking.

This is a joke right?
If you have any doubts that a Palace defeat is not the best option ANY time they play then you should consider handing back your SeasonTicket in shame
No, it's not a joke. What if it were last game of the season, and a Palace win would put us in the playoffs at the expense of Leicester - would you still want Palace to lose and us to miss out on the playoffs?

The fact is, if we do well in these last 3 games, we're in the playoffs regardless of what the others do - but what if we don't do well - if we don't do well, we want the other results to help us a little. And if Leicester were to lose, they'd be unlikely to finish above us (with games against Watford and Forest to come). Whereas Palace could finish above us regardless of whether they win or lose today (in the scenario where we don't do well).

Obviously if we were to win, and Bolton & Forest were to lose (very unlikely) then we'd basically be guaranteed a playoff place, so then we can safely support Leicester against the scum.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
A draw would be the best result but a palace win is preferable to a Leicester win which really is the worst result for us. I would love to face palace in the semi finals the easiest games out of teams 3-6 in the league.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Brighton win, Leicester win, 'Boro win, Barnsley win, Blackburn win. Palace slip into 6th with just a 3 point cushion (although with a game in hand), Brighton sit in 4th, 6 points above 7th with much better goal difference and just 2 points behind Watford in 3rd. Also puts us 3 points above Palace, and goal difference should negate their game in hand even if they manage to win it. Surely that's the best possible set of results? More crucial than the Palace result is the Bolton and Forest games though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here