Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace v Brighton summary (of 72 threads)

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
So, lots of digs about the ground, the area etc (when did you lot get so superior?):

Ground: Yours is new, ours is a tip (which I still love). BHA

Area: Falmer is lovely, Croydon is grim (I live in Cambridge btw). BHA

Squad: Yours is being bolstered, ours in solid. BHA, just, although you weren't exceptional last night.

Head to head: 1-3, 1-1. The Palace.

Owners: Your owner is richer, ours care more. Draw.

Fans: You're getting more than us. BHA (but you're all a bit weird).

Manager: Poyet is great, but will go. Dougie's in for the long haul. Palace (if Gus goes).

Firm: Don't know, don't care. Draw.

So, yes, you're on the up, we're doing OK but need a new ground. The good thing is that we've a few derbies to look forward to over the next few years. Carry on.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

Manager: Poyet is great, but will go. Dougie's in for the long haul. Palace (if Gus goes).

You can absolutely get to f*** with these two

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So, lots of digs about the ground, the area etc (when did you lot get so superior?):

Ground: Yours is new, ours is a tip (which I still love). BHA

Area: Falmer is lovely, Croydon is grim (I live in Cambridge btw). BHA

Squad: Yours is being bolstered, ours in solid. BHA, just, although you weren't exceptional last night.

Head to head: 1-3, 1-1. The Palace.

Fans: You're getting more than us. BHA (but you're all a bit weird).

Firm: Don't know, don't care. Draw.

So, yes, you're on the up, we're doing OK but need a new ground. The good thing is that we've a few derbies to look forward to over the next few years. Carry on.

I think this is a good post and actually can't argue with much of it. Yes, some of our fans are a bit weird :)

I liked the Goldstone but I love the Amex.

Not sure your owners care more, Tony Bloom's family has a history of investing in the Albion and holding Board positions.

Hopefully the banter wiill continue and the fans behave themselves.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do you need a new ground? I'm assuming the Holmesdale is ok on the inside, and probably the Whitehorse too.

The ground location has history and heritage and is well served by public transport.

Would 2 new stands not do you instead?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Hmmm... I'd have gone for Palace on the squad comparison. Obviously we've got the better young players too.

On the owners, I think they care equally. Bloom has less money but has put more in due to the stadium, while ours have more money but are running the club sustainably at last.

I think Dougie has shown himself just as capable as Poyet despite his very steep learning curve and being thrown in at the deep end.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Hmmm... I'd have gone for Palace on the squad comparison. Obviously we've got the better young players too.

On the owners, I think they care equally. Bloom has less money but has put more in due to the stadium, while ours have more money but are running the club sustainably at last.

I think Dougie has shown himself just as capable as Poyet despite his very steep learning curve and being thrown in at the deep end.

Not a dig, but where is the evidence that your owners have more money? Genuinely interested.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Do you need a new ground? I'm assuming the Holmesdale is ok on the inside, and probably the Whitehorse too.

The ground location has history and heritage and is well served by public transport.

I'm sure TB cares, I guess I meant our new board is good at engaging with fans. Better than Noades or Jordan but that's a low base.

Yep - two stands are OK. The old stand is actually worse than the AW! I think that there's not enough room to develop those 2 with houses behind the old stand and Park rd behind the AW. Starting again, somewhere, has to make sense.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

This as there owners at present do not want to fund any new stadium themselves.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

I'm sure it would be fine and easier logistically, but wouldn't get the same increase in fans. We could probably get 40000 in a new stadium, maybe 25000-30000 in a renovated Selhurst.

Renovation would be cheaper too, and I love the dump that is Selhurst, but the owners seem to prefer moving Crystal Palace to Crystal Palace.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How anyone with a brain can seriously suggest that Palace's johnny come lately owners care more than a man who put his hand in his pocket and built a stadium whilst coming from a family that have been involved with the Albion since Noah was a boy, actually beggars believe. But carry on

paulie

Jul 27, 2004

I think that the team that ends up higher will probably have the better squad and that looks like BHA, if not then Dougie isn't using the squad effectively enough.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Not a dig, but where is the evidence that your owners have more money? Genuinely interested.

There's four of 'em, and they're all on rich lists etc. Last year they did an interview saying they had more cash than any Championship team except QPR.

we-8-brighton

Feb 5, 2011
You can absolutely get to f*** with these two

I would say we were equal in the amounts our owners have although we have 4 so collectively may outweigh bloom in combined wealth but that doesn't matter it's what each is willing to spend.
Yours has obtained money to purchase and develop a new stadium buy players and run the club (am I right in understanding it's a debt worse then ours currently)ours have purchased the club lock stock and are running at current season losses which will accumulate towards current club debt (of which ALL FOOTBALL LEAGUE CLUBS HAVE) to which I believe both of our clubs aim is to run the football club with sustained financial stability.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

Who are the Palace owners? You realise that Tony Bloom's family have been involved in running the club since the 70s? And he's been a season ticket holder since the age of 7 or something?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

What do you know of our youngsters? you probably only know of your own because you've had to chuck them in the 1st team

How do you know how much either owners are worth?
Freedman as good as Poyet, do me a favour, Lawrence is the brains in your set up
In short
YOUR SHIT AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE,

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I would say we were equal in the amounts our owners have although we have 4 so collectively may outweigh bloom in combined wealth but that doesn't matter it's what each is willing to spend.
Yours has obtained money to purchase and develop a new stadium buy players and run the club (am I right in understanding it's a debt worse then ours currently)ours have purchased the club lock stock and are running at current season losses which will accumulate towards current club debt (of which ALL FOOTBALL LEAGUE CLUBS HAVE) to which I believe both of our clubs aim is to run the football club with sustained financial stability.

Bloom ahsn't "obtained" anything. He has lent his own money to us, interest free.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
How anyone with a brain can seriously suggest that Palace's johnny come lately owners care more than a man who put his hand in his pocket and built a stadium whilst coming from a family that have been involved with the Albion since Noah was a boy, actually beggars believe. But carry on

I don't see how 2010 could have been anything other than JCL to you. As the name suggests, they're only 2 years old and have only been needed for that time, we all thought SJ was doing fine.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.

It makes no sense for any London Club to relocate, ask Charlton ..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here