Palace supposedly make derisory bid for Dunk

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Are Everton still interested in Dunk, perhaps a bidding war could escalate out of control and we could get close to that 10million then you would have to take the money

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
I don't think they did. And anyhow, more than Fulham made enquiries about him.

Only Fulham made an official approach. They want £10m plus for their 29 yr old striker so Dunk is worth £12m plus as being 24 yrs old and potienal.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If anyone throws £15 million at us for him I would drive him up there myself. Decent player as he is. He is worth nothing near that

This would take him for half of that. Too error prone for me, in the main excellent, but concentration poor and you know he has a mistake in him......

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
That's what I've read and heard. If any Prem team was seriously interested in Dunk in the January transfer window then he'd have been sold.

I don't mean to be rude but that is absolute nonsense. There is no way on earth that Dunk would have been sold in the January transfer window. Chasing promotion to the Premiership as we were and the injuries we had around then, no one who the manager intended to play a part in the run in to the end of the season, especially not Dunk would have been sold at that point in the season

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
I don't mean to be rude but that is absolute nonsense. There is no way on earth that Dunk would have been sold in the January transfer window. Chasing promotion to the Premiership as we were and the injuries we had around then, no one who the manager intended to play a part in the run in to the end of the season, especially not Dunk would have been sold at that point in the season

The club have stated on numerous occasions that if any club meet the club asking price then they'll not stop the player speaking to the interested party. Would a player like Dunk turn down a great move, of cause he wouldn't. Players haven't any loyalty to our kind of clubs but to his family and money.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The club have stated on numerous occasions that if any club meet the club asking price then they'll not stop the player speaking to the interested party. Would a player like Dunk turn down a great move, of cause he wouldn't. Players haven't any loyalty to our kind of clubs but to his family and money.

What you say is all true but it would NOT have happened in the January transfer window. And you have to trust me on that one. You only have to look back to what CH did with Wes Hoolihan when Villa wanted him from Norwich. Yes he might have let him go in the summer but he wasn't going to let him go in the middle of a relegation battle. And the same with Dunk when we were pushing for Promotion. He would just have said to him you can go in the summer if you really want to but you are not going now at this stage. It wouldn't have been put quite as bluntly put as that. Chris is a lot nicer than me when it comes to getting his point across.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
What you say is all true but it would NOT have happened in the January transfer window. And you have to trust me on that one. You only have to look back to what CH did with Wes Hoolihan when Villa wanted him from Norwich. Yes he might have let him go in the summer but he wasn't going to let him go in the middle of a relegation battle. And the same with Dunk when we were pushing for Promotion. He would just have said to him you can go in the summer if you really want to but you are not going now at this stage. It wouldn't have been put quite as bluntly put as that. Chris is a lot nicer than me when it comes to getting his point across.

You're speculating now but the club isn't. Meet our asking price then you're free to talk. Chris Hughton hasn't any say what so ever if our players are sold if clubs meet our valuation on players. He might moan and be disgruntled but the facts don't lie.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You're speculating now but the club isn't. Meet our asking prise then you're free to talk. Chris Hughton hasn't any say what so ever if our players are sold if clubs meet our valuation on players. He might moan and be disgruntled but the facts don't lie.

We just have to disagree. The club are chasing Promotion and you say that Chris wouldn't have a say ??????????

Chris Hughton wouldn't stay at this club if he didn't have a say in players being bought or sold without his approval; however one thing he is good at is knowing a value of a player better than anyone else and he would be the first person to say ''Yes bite their hand off for that sort of money'' All I am saying is he would not have sold him in that January transfer window. He wants to manage in the Premiership more than anything and Tony Bloom matches his ambition to do that.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You're speculating now but the club isn't. Meet our asking price then you're free to talk. Chris Hughton hasn't any say what so ever if our players are sold if clubs meet our valuation on players. He might moan and be disgruntled but the facts don't lie.

Actually, I am not

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
This isn't me trying to wind you all up but...

This sounds to me like his agent is trying to get him a move. I'm not saying Dunk wants to leave but lots of people our end are saying there has 100% not been a bid.

Well a friend of mine close to Selhurst PM'd me last night to say with glee a bid had been made. The same person told me a couple weeks ago to say a bid would be made.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Much better player than any current Palace centre back. But as you said, let's hope not.

Sorry but you're totally deluded if you think Dunk is as good as Scott Dann. He's been our players player of the year twice in a row and has journalists and pundits saying he should be in the England squad.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/09/england-roy-hodgson-scott-dann

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...anager-Roy-Hodgson-continue-deny-call-up.html

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-england-callup-says-ian-wright-a3110611.html

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...arlour-dann-deserves-england-call_256814.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports