Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace still not sound financially! Despite Murray hype.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Reduced to league 1 cast off's & SPL hopefulls-kinda think we will be ok this season

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I though the present consortium had millions to spend on a new stadium and players :wink:

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Tjhey're brassic and have been for a while - look out Glenn - you might be brasic by xmass................

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
The club and fans talked the talk after the 'stellar-signing' of Murray. Looks like a PR job by the so called new wealthy Board of Directors.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have it on very good authority that the current owners of Crystal Palace are very much like Dick Knight. Very capable well off businessmen, but in football terms, poor men.

I can only see them being in the bottom six next season.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I imagine they were fine. Then they blew all of their savings gained from an agressive caravan sales strategy on Glenn's wages. Now they are short on cash again.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I have it on very good authority that the current owners of Crystal Palace are very much like Dick Knight. Very capable well off businessmen, but in football terms, poor men.

I can only see them being in the bottom six next season.

lets hope so

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
The Palace boss was keen to offer Forsyth, who was linked with a move to League Two new boys Crawley Town last season, a chance with the Championship club.

ouch, non-league level or were Crawley looking well above their station?

Eastbourne

Jun 4, 2011
So you're completely skint, but can still afford to sign Murray and offer a contract to Earnshaw, while telling the press that there's a big budget to spend?

That Freedman talks out of his arse. Even his own fans won't believe a single word he says.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So you're completely skint, but can still afford to sign Murray and offer a contract to Earnshaw, while telling the press that there's a big budget to spend?
I just went out for dinner with 2 palace fans. One (whom I've know for 35 years) has been a season ticket holder for 22 years, is friends with one of the directors and assures me that not 1 player (inc Murray) is on more than 8k a week. Makes you wonder what we offered him.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i am seriously thinking of employing an electrical sub-contractor(call themselves eagle electrics and have the cp badge as their logo) purely so i can persecute the boss man through-out the coming season , i am trying so hard not to get over optimistic but i reckon we will have the better of them this time round.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
This situation is exactly as I thought, can't see this move to the Athletics track going ahead. Lot of talk from Palace fans about their finances but when you see the sort of players they're chasing it speaks volumes. Definitely one of the Championship's poor relations, can't see anything but another season of struggle for them. Maybe they can avoid administration this time, maybe not.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I guess Murray must be Palace's marquee signing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here