Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace scrap stadium plans

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Yep. Getting involved in foul mouthed slanging matches, on fans forums. So very professional.

Don't remember any of those. I think one of them has said "bollocks" before? Does that make them unprofessional? Obviously you're completely blinkered. I was at the clubs comedy night yesterday and the feel around the club is just so different. The whole thing was brilliantly run, they had some great high profile acts and everything just seemed so well prepared.

We're a club on the up with these guys in charge, even though you might like to think we're sinking down to where you've been for most of my lifetime :)

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Obviously, people will want the most they can get. However, that really won't be very much at all to CPFC2010, Sainsburys, and any other parties that will benefit. Sainsburys want a bigger store, we want a better ground, etc. It would be almost impossible without the backing of Sainsburys, but thankfully they're being "very supportive" according to chairmen. The only time the car park is ever full is on matchdays, apart from that it's 2/3 empty all the time.

Obviously we'll only know the full story when the plans come out, but there isn't a more determined group of people than CPFC2010 anywhere. They will do this properly and the club will benefit massively, and we get to keep the "old ground" feel if it's done properly. With these guys in charge, it will be.

you're starting to sound a bit creepy now mate.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
too good! these guys must be really special to rank higher than those other recent wondrous owners... i'm thinking here of tango jordon and that plum who stuffed cash into terry venable's back pocket for basically turning up.

I wasn't just talking about Palace's previous owners. How many other chairmen communicate with the fans in the way that ours do? How many of them respond to the feedback given (sometimes by dickheads) and actually make changes? How many chairmen are as open, honest and genuine as Steve Parish? How many of them are as financially sensible and are determined to make their club sustainable? ooh, ooh - None.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
and we get to keep the "old ground" feel if it's done properly. With these guys in charge, it will be.
Does that include rodent infestation in the commentary box and toilet floors under an inch of piss ???

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Don't remember any of those. I think one of them has said "bollocks" before? Does that make them unprofessional? Obviously you're completely blinkered. I was at the clubs comedy night yesterday and the feel around the club is just so different. The whole thing was brilliantly run, they had some great high profile acts and everything just seemed so well prepared.

We're a club on the up with these guys in charge, even though you might like to think we're sinking down to where you've been for most of my lifetime :)

go steady on him guys he's clearly very young...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wasn't just talking about Palace's previous owners. How many other chairmen communicate with the fans in the way that ours do? How many of them respond to the feedback given (sometimes by dickheads) and actually make changes? How many chairmen are as open, honest and genuine as Steve Parish? How many of them are as financially sensible and are determined to make their club sustainable? ooh, ooh - None.

Bloom is open, honest and genuine, and has actually demonstrated a willingness to invest in the club, rather than just talking about huge wealth. He doesn't waste his time arguing with idiots on the Internet, but instead, he travels home from away matches on the train with the fans.

Jan 12, 2012
We don't own any of the car parks. Both were sold to Sainsburys.

It does seem a bit strange that car park is never used, apart from match days, when its used by CPFC's employees and guests ?
If ive got it wrong ( wouldn't be the first time ) im sorry :blush:
Quick edit- it also contains 5 a side pitches used by the local community, would Sainsbury's allow that ?

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
too good! these guys must be really special to rank higher than those other recent wondrous owners... i'm thinking here of tango jordon and that plum who stuffed cash into terry venable's back pocket for basically turning up.

After putting up with Tangoman and Goldberk even Robert Maxwell would be viewed as an ultimate professional to Palace fans.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Obviously you're completely blinkered. I was at the clubs comedy night yesterday and the feel around the club is just so different.

Other League clubs tend to call theirs "Annual Player Awards Night" :thumbsup:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Other League clubs tend to call theirs "Annual Player Awards Night" :thumbsup:

Very good :thumbsup:

In all seriousness, it was very good. Alan Davies was fantastic, Jo Brand was... her usual self, Sean Locke was good, and a couple of local guys who I'd seen on BBC a few times. A very enjoyable evening apart from the Magners being 7 POUNDS per pint.

Read the rest of the thread you plank. As has been pointed out on there, loads of houses there have been on sale for years and they can't get rid of them. House prices in 2005 were about 20% higher than they are now, etc.

Steve Parish has already said it's a realistic option for us.

This is at the end of the thread, thanks for resorting to name calling though, I have tried to be very civil since my last outburst and prefer not to go down the petty insult roue again.

House prices are rising again, and even take 20% off 8.5 million and thats only 1.7 million off. What about the ones who are happy to live there and not wanting to sell?

At least when we were going for Falmer and had opposition it was about where to build not who we could evict from their own homes. I hate Nimby's but that goes a little further.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
This is at the end of the thread, thanks for resorting to name calling though, I have tried to be very civil since my last outburst and prefer not to go down the petty insult roue again.

House prices are rising again, and even take 20% off 8.5 million and thats only 1.7 million off. What about the ones who are happy to live there and not wanting to sell?

At least when we were going for Falmer and had opposition it was about where to build not who we could evict from their own homes. I hate Nimby's but that goes a little further.

I called you a plank, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously! I'm not convinced anyone in that row of houses is actually happy to live there, and it's unlikely that they would all need to move in the first place.

I'm not sure this is about evicting people from their homes. They can't sell the places at the moment despite the fact that they want to (or at least some do) - this is doing them a favour. They can get a decent price for some property worth not very much, we get a new ground, and Sainsburys get a bigger shop (which is why they'll be paying for some of it).

This is the best thing for all parties involved, AND we get to stay at Selhurst (although the "old fashioned" feel of flooded parts of the ground and piss everywhere can go! :thumbsup:)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I didn't mention the Clyne money, as it'll be going straight into transfers. If we weren't buying anyone we'd actually have made money this season. Obviously this isn't the case as we've just signed a new RB.

No, you're completely guessing there AGAIN. CPFC have not specifically said that money is going 109% to the transfer budget.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

The Land Registry shows house prices in the croydon area, are approxiamately 5% HIGHER now, than they were in mid 2005.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
It does seem a bit strange that car park is never used, apart from match days, when its used by CPFC's employees and guests ?
If ive got it wrong ( wouldn't be the first time ) im sorry :blush:
Quick edit- it also contains 5 a side pitches used by the local community, would Sainsbury's allow that ?

No 5 a side ever happens.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
It was never going to happen so a revamp was always on the cards.

The 'plans' for the new stadium never lokoed serious. They looked like they'd been knocked up quickly and without and serious intent.

It was just put out as a reaction to the Olympic Stadium plans, to appease the fans and to delay any real action in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here