Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Schadenfraude

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Probably misspelt. For those who didn't learn it from Lisa in The Simpsons - it is a German term meaning 'shameful joy'.

Palace are crumbling to absolute dust and I f***ing love it. I love their SERIOUSLY deluded fans at the moment. I love that the manager and chair-people trot out incredibly tired cliches or politician speak and the Palace fans lap it up like milk then try and poke it in OUR faces. You want an example of a team genuinely 'building for the future'? Look at us. Our chairman just quietly gets on with helping our manager sign top talent without any bleating. Bridge, PIG, Bruno this season.

I love that the Palace try to make out these players are shit mainly, they reason, for being over 30... when in fact for a club such as us - rising stock maybe but maintaining modest status in general they are OUT OF THIS WORLD signings!

I love that they are crumbling to dust, losing players and turning to absolute f***ing shit and they can't even see it. I remember being called complacent as an Albion fan by a pompous ringleader on BBS not long ago - au contraire, I think we are witnessing the complacency of a seldom out of the 'top two' set of fans in their attitude toward their slip to League 1. They cannot see it.

WANKERS!

hahahaha!!!

This post brought to you by all the trollish and unreasonable Palace types I have ever had to read or speak with. Ones you can't have a sensible talk with. Idiots basically. The more reasonable... they see it in their hearts. I have some sympathy...

All this said, I want them to stay up by the skin of their teeth (after a horrible season of course) - unless we mount a successful promotion campaign which, although not impossible in my view, is unlikely. Be good fun dicking them around for a couple more years. Hope we get some payback for THAT result last season first of all. I won't say we are going to wreck them... because we all got over-excited last season and we all know what happened... but we are. This time...

Anyway. Rant over. For now :dunce:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Im very much keeping a calm head on things with Palace and not pisstaking for now - only 3 games played after all.

However it is great to see them bottom of the league with currently 0 points - hopefully it can continue - and also continue with Preston beating them in the Cup this week.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Epicaricacy.

Honestly, it's so early in the season, I worry about us getting too carried away with their current plight.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Oh I AGREE very much. I am not basing my ire and all that on their current league position... although it is reflected a little bit here. More it is on the delusion they entertain when we have been accused of this so much by their fans whilst more or less feeling modest (as a rule...) about our chances. So far we have confounded all their bullshit and they have not lived up to their own expectations by a LONG way... barring one VERY painful result in their favour.

So yes. I know it is early days. Perhaps they'll end up competitive. Perhaps we'll not. But I don't think the odds are that great in their favour.

Just a little example - bye bye Clyne!

PF (Palace Fan) - we expected this, no one in the division could sign a full back of this quality
BF - Bruno
PF - Over 30 therefore he is shit.
BF - Oh sorry but he appears to be a f***ing legend in the making. My bad.

etc etc.

Just adding my voice to the rabble I suppose :)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
They are totally sleep-walking towards relegation, hanging off every word of spin that Parish utters, and I love it.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I particularly like the way they quote, CPFC2010 said this CPFC2010 said that as it they have been spoken to the great almighty and believe everything they are told as if Parrish is some sort of messiah. :lol:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
But they could still cash in a cool £107bn by selling Zaha, couldn't they?

For all their faults, and I am no lover of CPFC, their destiny is to hover between the Championship and League 1. They have an ageing stadium and a moderate fanbase, and neither is likely to change in the foreseeable future. Within a season or two we will no longer their main rivals - I think this position will be taken by Crawley Town. After next season I doubt whether we'll play them more than once every five years.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
images

God and his mates, Parish looks a bigger tart than Simon Jordan

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Some people have got short memories though. Until last season, they've been above us for as long as I care to remember. Saying that, I am thoroughly enjoying their current plight coupled with our recent resurgence. Here's to the next 30 years looking down at them and remembering our rivalry. The future's bright, the future's blue and white.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
f*** sake, we are three games into the new season, it's a bit early to be crowing about Palace, no?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The word is actually Schadenfreude.

Shameful Joy is a fairly loose translation, I think. From memory of a modern languages degree course some 35 years ago it actually more specifically means "joy at the suffering of others", or something similar, which. I guess, makes it even more appropriate.

Maybe we could offload Ashley Barnes on to them. After all, any forward who couldn't score a double hat-trick against Barnsley must be rubbish.

One of the preceding paragraphs is serious, the other is a joke. I will leave you to work out which is which.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Schadenfreude sounds like an Ali-G 'Bruno' word.

Anyway, speaking more like Phil O'Sophically there is no such thing as the past or the future - there is only this moment. Let's enjoy this moment and take the piss!

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Similar size teams like Swansea, Reading, Wigan, Stoke etc have tried to get the infrastructure right then improve their teams and fan base. Palace have spent out on players to maintain their top two leagues status and neglected the stadium and facilities.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Why do their Chairman always seem to have effeminate hairdos ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here