Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

palace quiz - help needed

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can you explain to me why it is not then?
Yes, of course.

You cannot define fickleness by selecting the away attendence at a (rare) derby match and make an immediate comparison with that teams home attendence because the vast majority of the 2,800 at that game would, I\'d wager, be very regular attendee;s at Withdean as well. Comparing home and away attendences is no way of measuring the fickleness of a teams support because too many other factors ciome into play when looking at away attendences (distance, ticketing arrangements, capacities etc). You HAVE to look at home attendences to make a fair judgement on the fickleness of that clubs fans.

Palaces home crowds, from a peak of 52k, went down by 92% within the space of 6 years. Had the Albions fans been as fickle, we;d be playing in front of a few hundred by now.

Of course, Simster has gone to the extremes in the stats in order to prove a point (your lot obviously wern;t ever averaging 52k). But the fact remains - your lot are far more FICKLE than most.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Yes, of course.

You cannot define fickleness by selecting the away attendence at a (rare) derby match and make an immediate comparison with that teams home attendence because the vast majority of the 2,800 at that game would, I\'d wager, be very regular attendee;s at Withdean as well. Comparing home and away attendences is no way of measuring the fickleness of a teams support because too many other factors ciome into play when looking at away attendences (distance, ticketing arrangements, capacities etc). You HAVE to look at home attendences to make a fair judgement on the fickleness of that clubs fans.

Palaces home crowds, from a peak of 52k, went down by 92% within the space of 6 years. Had the Albions fans been as fickle, we;d be playing in front of a few hundred by now.

Of course, Simster has gone to the extremes in the stats in order to prove a point (your lot obviously wern;t ever averaging 52k). But the fact remains - your lot are far more FICKLE than most.

Total bollocks! But i respect your viewpoint :D

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
But you must understand where i am coming from you just about scrape 6,000 at home every other week yet you bring nearly half of that to an away fixture! FICKLE

* Just jesting Easy old boy i know it was your cup final and all that*

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But you must understand where i am coming from you just about scrape 6,000 at home every other week yet you bring nearly half of that to an away fixture! FICKLE

* Just jesting Easy old boy i know it was your cup final and all that*
Well I BOYCOTTED that match owing to a rather unpleasant experience after my last visit to Selhurst.

I....I was raped by a police horse.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There;s just no stopping them once they get going.
I still wake up in a sweat even now, hearing that dreadful clip-clop.

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
palarse spot the ball comp

Attachments

• palace.JPG
    palace.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 23

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells

I don't agree. The '79 championship clicher :bowdown: is too extreme an example to make with the mid-eighties low gate.

It's like comparing your Cardiff play-off final turn out with a Tuesday night wet weather game, with the likes of Cheltenham, at Withdean.

That would look pretty fickle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here