Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

palace quiz - help needed

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
51,801 - 4,005 = 47,796, or 92% of the original figure.
55,603 - 7,134 = 48,469 BUT CRUCIALLY only 87% of the original figure reverting to their armchairs.

Good old pro rata to back you up eh? You said 'as diverse'. Percentages weren't mentioned.

Manchester City have similar stats from the mid-sixties. A low gate of 8k vs Swindon.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Strange that locals going down to the seaside in the town where they live in comfortable summer apparel as opposed to trippers wanting to wear a footie shirt a la Benidorm of Magaluf...

Did you have your shirt on SJ?

:afro:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nope look it up Stat boy, they definitely got a couple of 6,000 midweek gates in the early to mid 80\'s. One was against Wrexham if i remember rightly
Simsters point being that Palace;s cataclysmic collapse in support happened over the course of a mere six seasons. The example of Newcastle and Chelsea FICKLENESS happened over a longer period of time, and is therefore less startling / amusing *

* depending on who you support

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Strange that locals going down to the seaside in the town where they live in comfortable summer apparel as opposed to trippers wanting to wear a footie shirt a la Benidorm of Magaluf...

Did you have your shirt on SJ?

:afro:

So all the people wearing the different football shirts were out of towners were they?

Oh i get it now

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Simsters point being that Palace;s cataclysmic collapse in support happened over the course of a mere six seasons. The example of Newcastle and Chelsea FICKLENESS happened over a longer period of time, and is therefore less startling / amusing *

* depending on who you support

So Brighton bring 2,800 to Palace on a Tuesday night but barely get double that for a home game normally? Is that not a type of FICKLENESS then?

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
So all the people wearing the different football shirts were out of towners were they?

Oh i get it now

Maybe, maybe not but more chnace that they were from out of town. If I remember my days living in the city by the sea no self respecting local would go naer the front on a nice summer's day. Plenty of nicer and quieter seafronts areas to go to.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Maybe, maybe not but more chnace that they were from out of town. If I remember my days living in the city by the sea no self respecting local would go naer the front on a nice summer's day. Plenty of nicer and quieter seafronts areas to go to.

Fair enough but every time i go to Worthing/Hastings etc its the same scenario

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here