Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

palace quiz - help needed

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
ok - so far i have

1-name the 3 players who did not score for Liverpool in the 9-0 defeat of Crystal Palace in 1989?
2-Who scored the winning goal in the 1990 FA cup final replay?
3-Which former Palace goalscoring legend moved clubs and then relegated them on the last day of the season by scoring against the Eagles?
4-When do 'Parachute' payments subside?
5-Who owns Selhurst Park?
6-Ex manager Ian Dowie left Crystal Palace because he wanted to be closer to his Bolton based family. How many miles closer to Bolton did he move?

sheebo - after due consideration i have decided not to put your question forward.

now i just need a couple more- oh and the answers!

could somebody gibve me the friggin answers to these questions - the answer may be in the thread somewhere but i can't be arsed to read through all the shite and mud slinging

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
1-name the 3 players who did not score for Liverpool in the 9-0 defeat of Crystal Palace in 1989? Hansen, Grobbelaar, Whelan
2-Who scored the winning goal in the 1990 FA cup final replay? Lee Martin
3-Which former Palace goalscoring legend moved clubs and then relegated them on the last day of the following season by scoring against the Eagles? Ian Wright
4-When do 'Parachute' payments subside? About five minutes ago
5-Who owns Selhurst Park? Answers on a postcard
6-Ex manager Ian Dowie left Crystal Palace because he wanted to be closer to his Bolton based family. How many miles closer to Bolton did he move? According to AA route finder - 4 miles.

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
1-name the 3 players who did not score for Liverpool in the 9-0 defeat of Crystal Palace in 1989? Hansen, Grobbelaar, Whelan

Actually, I've misled you a bit here. It's actually more because one of the scorers (Aldridge) was a sub.

You could re-word it to say name the five from the squad of thirteen - and then include David Burrows and Jan Molby. Burrows started and Molby was the other sub.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Name me one, just ONE other club who have had league matches in a 6 span where the two announced league gates have been as diverse as 4,000 and 51,500?

FICKLE.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Name me one, just ONE other club who have had league matches in a 6 span where the two announced league gates have been as diverse as 4,000 and 51,500?

FICKLE.

I must say those were dark times at Palace under that clown Mullery, he presided over the worst Palace side i can remember and the crowds just dwindled.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
I thought Dario Gradi and taken control by then. But anyway, I agree with you regarding Mullery.

I'm sure the fall in Brighton's gates was similar over that period - or it would have been if you could get 51,000 in that Hove hovel. Gates were awful in the early 1980s, and the Palace team was worse.

How can a Brighton fan bang on about gates when they extend the capacity of the Withdean and then get smaller gates?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Newcastle.

Early seventies 55,603 vs Man U
Late sevenites 7,134 vs Swindon in Div 2
:clap: :clap: :clap:

And I thought geordies loved their football? :dunce:

But seriously, that's a tremendous effort. However, despite spending your entire lunchtime in a desperate attempt to prove yourselves as only the second ficklest group of supporters, you've still failed haven't you.

51,801 - 4,005 = 47,796, or 92% of the original figure.
55,603 - 7,134 = 48,469 BUT CRUCIALLY only 87% of the original figure reverting to their armchairs.

So you remain the FICKLEST bunch of "supporters" in the land. Bad luck. :clap:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
I'm sure the fall in Brighton's gates was similar over that period - or it would have been if you could get 51,000 in that Hove hovel. Gates were awful in the early 1980s, and the Palace team was worse.

How can a Brighton fan bang on about gates when they extend the capacity of the Withdean and then get smaller gates?

:bigwave: He's right you know

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here