Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace players released would they come to us???

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Still don't think Speroni will leave anyway, for what it's worth. Which is a pity, as I'm quite looking forward to seeing Wayne Hennessey in the Premier League.

I think you're more likely to see John Ruddy than Hennessey, if Speroni does leave.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need between 8 and 11 new players depending on whether Ankers, Calderon and Bruno re-sign, so why not if any are decent.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Jonathan Parr would be a good signing if we can't get Ward.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think you're more likely to see John Ruddy than Hennessey, if Speroni does leave.

Sort of begs the question, why spend whatever it was on Hennessey if he's not deemed suitable for PL action? He wasn't a free transfer, was he? I don't happen to think he's particularly top class, and it seemed a strange buy at the time.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Sort of begs the question, why spend whatever it was on Hennessey if he's not deemed suitable for PL action? He wasn't a free transfer, was he? I don't happen to think he's particularly top class, and it seemed a strange buy at the time.

I've not seen much of Hennessey in the past so it's tough to say. He wasn't a free transfer, we had to buy him from Wolves. Pulis does have an excellent record when it comes to goalkeepers though.

After the embarrassment of a fair few Palace fans writing Gayle off earlier in the season as a waste of money and not worth £6m, I'd imagine most will give Wayne a fair chance to prove himself.

SAC

May 21, 2014
To be honest, I don’t care where a player comes from (other than prison for rape, but that’s different thread) so long as they play to the best of their ability.

I also agree that virtually all players don’t care who they are playing for so long as their personal terms are agreeable and they are getting picked, although I suspect that some don’t care if they are picked so long as they are being paid.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Parr is rubbish.
Dean ****ing Moxey?! Seriously?! Jeez.
I'd happily see Jonny Williams head our way. Ward's unrealistic and no interest in the rest of them.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Parr is rubbish.
Dean ****ing Moxey?! Seriously?! Jeez.
I'd happily see Jonny Williams head our way. Ward's unrealistic and no interest in the rest of them.

Moxey and Parr are both decent Championship players. Unfortunately it does seem possible that Jonny Williams might leave this Summer to get first team football, but I think Swansea are probably a more attractive proposition for him than Brighton even if you could somehow afford the £5m+ he'd cost.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Moxey and Parr are both decent Championship players. Unfortunately it does seem possible that Jonny Williams might leave this Summer to get first team football, but I think Swansea are probably a more attractive proposition for him than Brighton even if you could somehow afford the £5m+ he'd cost.

Well, I meant on loan as it happens. Outright purchase would be a little unrealistic.
Parr and Moxey may be 'decent' Championship players but are both inferior to the players we had this season so it's a "Can do better" from me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I thought Swansea only wanted to pay £3M max ?

superbhafc

Banned
Jul 29, 2013
Parr would be a good signing but non of the others released would be worth their wages. Why just palace? what about all the other prem clubs that have released players?

david duchovny

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Well, I meant on loan as it happens. Outright purchase would be a little unrealistic.
Parr and Moxey may be 'decent' Championship players but are both inferior to the players we had this season so it's a "Can do better" from me.

Do you really think you could get Joniesta on loan when there are Premiership clubs willing to pay for him? :lolol:

And as for Moxey and Parr. Both would walk into your team and you know it.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Do you really think you could get Joniesta on loan when there are Premiership clubs willing to pay for him? :lolol:

And as for Moxey and Parr. Both would walk into your team and you know it.

If that is true then we will try signing them as they are free agents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here