Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace pitchside

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Sorry if posted elsewhere but love these vids. Includes epic footage of Jack’s kneeslide failure :laugh:

Whilst that clip of Jack’s kneeslide failure is genuinely hilarious, putting my sensible head on, I really, really wish the players would stop doing it. I crap myself everytime they’re going to injure their knees. I’m amazed clubs don’t stamp it out. Show them the video of Simon Jones getting injured playing cricket for England years ago doing a knee slide when fielding, that will soon stop it.

I know I’m being really boring but it just seems an absolutely needless risk to take. I love goal celebrations but just don’t do ones that risk your career!

Rant over!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It’s a good video, but a montage of the palace supporters going through it would have been funnier.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I love RDZ pointing at his head. "Still got your marbles, Roy?"
I don't like all this faux 'dementia'-bashing that seems to have crept into society. First with Biden (and, from the other 'side' Trump) and now with Hodgson and anyone else who people don't like but are just getting on a bit. There's no evidence to suggest any problems with any of them. And even if there WAS, have a bit of respect, FFS!

It was well documented that RDZ and Roy had a good chat in Italian before the game in December – and he can clearly operate in a full-time, high pressure job – so he's clearly 'still got his marbles'. It might be 'banter' – just like the HILARIOUS piss-taking of his slight speech impediment when people call him 'Woy' – but I think it's utterly lame. And just not funny.

*steps down off soap box*

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't like all this faux 'dementia'-bashing that seems to have crept into society. First with Biden (and, from the other 'side' Trump) and now with Hodgson and anyone else who people don't like but are just getting on a bit. There's no evidence to suggest any problems with any of them. And even if there WAS, have a bit of respect, FFS!

It was well documented that RDZ and Roy had a good chat in Italian before the game in December – and he can clearly operate in a full-time, high pressure job – so he's clearly 'still got his marbles'. It might be 'banter' – just like the HILARIOUS piss-taking of his slight speech impediment when people call him 'Woy' – but I think it's utterly lame. And just not funny.

*steps down off soap box*
I've thought about this a bit. If somebody develops dementia, Alzheimer's or anything like that, it doesn't happen overnight, does it? They don't wake up one day and start talking gibberish, it's a gradual decline. So if Biden / Hodgson / whoever do have anything like this, then presumably nobody would know for a fair amount of time, until it became really obvious and they got a diagnosis. At which point people would look back on the decisions they had made over the last few years in a completely different light.

Which is why it is absolute madness to employ someone as a Premier League manager at 76 years old! And even more insane to have a US President in his 80's.

I think I'd have a clear rule when selecting a Manager as a football club Chairman: don't employ one that could feasibly die of old age in the middle of his contract.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've thought about this a bit. If somebody develops dementia, Alzheimer's or anything like that, it doesn't happen overnight, does it? They don't wake up one day and start talking gibberish, it's a gradual decline. So if Biden / Hodgson / whoever do have anything like this, then presumably nobody would know for a fair amount of time, until it became really obvious and they got a diagnosis. At which point people would look back on the decisions they had made over the last few years in a completely different light.

Which is why it is absolute madness to employ someone as a Premier League manager at 76 years old! And even more insane to have a US President in his 80's.

I think I'd have a clear rule when selecting a Manager as a football club Chairman: don't employ one that could feasibly die of old age in the middle of his contract.
How many people have 'died of old age' on their death certificates?
@Lenny Rider

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

But that's the point - I don't think they do. Biden gets attacked for it mainly by Trump fans and because he has a speech impediment - and he's heavily scrutinised because he is the POTUS. Trump vice versa.

And RH is targeted by Albion fans :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The chap in the shades in the East stand who was clearly still in the bar when the game kicked off and runs down the stairs like he scored the opener himself :lolol: :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here