Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Pier sold

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be on the safe side, maybe best if the Mods delete the comment?
It was just a joke, I've made it very clear that I'm not accusing anyone of anything, that should be enough.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just been on Southern local news and a woman from the management team has said a new change back to palace pier is unlikely

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It could do with an upgrade- pull out the funfair and cram it full of bars, restaurants and street food, live venues for music etc.

That place could really make some money- everything on there at the moment is stuck in about 1993.

MAybe another pier?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I always thought the name change was a bit strange, pretty much everyone I know including me still calls it the palace pier, probably more for tourists Brighton pier is probably a more relevant recognisable name.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Well of course, that goes without saying, surely? Sorry, I assume no one thought I was accusing anyone of anything.

It's very possible that the team of experts in a boat with an arsenal of pyrotechnics were just a bunch of kids who were bored one night.

Twice...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd welcome a name change back to The Palace Pier.

Brighton Pier makes it sound like we've only ever had one Pier, but the remains of the much-loved West Pier are still standing and we also had the Chain Pier so three in total.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
The lack of an Albion shop in town is an ongoing disappointment since the Queen's Rd store shut. Maybe they could open one on the Pier, even if it was just a kiosk style set up.I imagine they would sell a few shirts and bits of merch.

Visitors to Brighton, on a non-match day, are NOT going to travel up to Falmer to visit the SUPERstore there, but they WILL go to the Pier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here