Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace or Chelsea - who do you hate more?

Who do you hate more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Palace are rivals. Not enemies. No hatred, but they're so easy to mock at the moment. And long may that continue.

I don't think about Chelsea at all. Their ownership model is a polar opposite to ours. And long may that continue.

seagurl

Mar 21, 2012
A couple of years watching premiership games in a South London pub in the noughties. Nothing prepared me for the racist, homophobic and misogynistic aggression from Chesea fans, whenever their team was playing.
In comparison Palace fans are pussy cats. It will always be Chelsea for me.

theboybilly

It will always be Chelsea, ever since a group of us mates (all around 13/14 years of age) we're set upon in Villiers Street, Charing Cross by a mob of neanderthals coming up from Embankment Station. I got away pretty much unscathed unlike my pal Tommy who took a right kicking - at 14 years of age. I've had nothing but hate for them ever since

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Chelsea have given us 225 million quid, whilst we've got better and they've got worse. No problem with them at all.

NorfolkGull

Oct 2, 2021
Can we stop with this fake rivalry with Chelsea it’s cringy.
It’s always been Palace and Pompey.
All Chelsea have done is enable us to progress into the club we are today by paying well over the top for our players who’s careers then fall off a cliff.
Exactly this. Chelsea couldn't care less about us. At least with Palace we get something back

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don’t ‘hate’ anyone, but I enjoy our rivalry with Palace.

Chelsea are just an annoyance.
Pretty much this really, hatred is an awful emotion to carry around with you.

Since the Dave Sexton side of the early 1970's l have always harboured a deep dislike for Chelsea, very much style over substance, withe their players acting as if they were overpaid film stars. Their fans too have an annoying sense of entitlement.

Palace though, rivals though they maybe, l have no real axe to grind with, in face Roy Hodgson l have a lot of time for, and l felt more than a little sorry for him yesterday, looking with what he has to deal with.

Last edited:

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
It’s not just the recent Chelsea behaviour that’s made me dislike them intensely, it goes back for over 20 years and the last couple have just tweeked my dial into the red. Shit club, shit entitled fans, no history and that slut who posts on social media sums them up perfectly. Wankers.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
My hatred for Chelsea burns a little brighter but won’t last as long, it’s already dimmed a little from late 2022

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nothing will ever match the hatred for the scum. Can’t believe it’s a question, staggered and disappointed at the results tbh - the day after we just smashed them too 🤦🏻‍♂️

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Palace are the pantomime villains for me. I didn’t live through the Mullery era and all that, and for most of my life they’ve been leagues (literally) ahead of us. I enjoy seeing them fail, in a fun bantering way.

Chelsea on the other hand, I genuinely really dislike. I love seeing them fail, even in my Football Manager save. I watch a lot of their games simply to support the opposition.

It’s everything about them, their fans and racist history, the entitlement, their buying the league under Abramovic and now under Boehly. Their raid on our scouts, manager, coaches, players of the season (plural). Astrid Wett. Just absolutely everything about them.

I f***ing hate how they win a game or two and it’s all “Chelsea are back!! European push!!” then they lose the next one because they’re shit, overpaid mercenaries who don’t give a toss and it’s “shameful, embarrassing, Poch out”.

In my opinion, with Leeds and Manchester United close behind, THE most entitled and fickle fan base in the country.

Then there’s the massive “fan base” of plastics in West Africa who don’t know anything about football outside of Chelsea, Ronaldo, Neymar and Real Madrid.

I really hate Chelsea. Palace are a sideshow to me.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Everyone hates Chelsea, in the benign sense of the word, so it's not really a thing.

Palace are just the fun villains and always will be.

The biggest rivals are inter-season. So right now there are a few of them. Newcastle, United, West Ham etc. Previously they have been Middlesborough and Burnley or Yeovil and Stockport County. It always changes.

The dictionary definition of rival is 'One that equals or almost equals another in a particular respect'.

So Chelsea have been rivals this season. But not last... :ROFLMAO:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Palace are the pantomime villains for me. I didn’t live through the Mullery era and all that, and for most of my life they’ve been leagues (literally) ahead of us. I enjoy seeing them fail, in a fun bantering way.

Chelsea on the other hand, I genuinely really dislike. I love seeing them fail, even in my Football Manager save. I watch a lot of their games simply to support the opposition.

It’s everything about them, their fans and racist history, the entitlement, their buying the league under Abramovic and now under Boehly. Their raid on our scouts, manager, coaches, players of the season (plural). Astrid Wett. Just absolutely everything about them.

I f***ing hate how they win a game or two and it’s all “Chelsea are back!! European push!!” then they lose the next one because they’re shit, overpaid mercenaries who don’t give a toss and it’s “shameful, embarrassing, Poch out”.

In my opinion, with Leeds and Manchester United close behind, THE most entitled and fickle fan base in the country.

Then there’s the massive “fan base” of plastics in West Africa who don’t know anything about football outside of Chelsea, Ronaldo, Neymar and Real Madrid.

I really hate Chelsea. Palace are a sideshow to me.
I quite warm to the global heart-on-sleeve passion. They seem just as irrationally over-emotionally invested as the rest of us, bless 'em 😀

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I quite warm to the global heart-on-sleeve passion. They seem just as irrationally over-emotionally invested as the rest of us, bless 'em 😀
I don’t. The only good thing is the occasional melt down which provides some laughs, or the really embarrassing stuff like that “Free Caicedo” song. Well, we freed him. Kerching! How’s that working out for you?

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Never want Man U or Chelsea to win
Admire Man C team, manager and way they play, but hate what they stand for (and now ditto Newcastle, except hate their manager as well).

But Palace could have the best run team in the world, playing the best football and I would still want them to lose, more than all of the others put together.
That's what rivalries are all about.

I hate dumb clout chasing threads more

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
To be fair our dear rivals are not exactly glory hunters. I used to have one as a tenant, he was on the police radar so when he didn't turn up at the plod to report on match day the meat wagon was dispatched to bring him in. Amusingly they had my address as landlord and we got raided instead, wifey furious. That cost me an expensive dinner. Bloody Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here