Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace: one point gained or two points dropped?

Palace: one point gained or two points dropped?

• One point gained

Votes: 129 90.8%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 13 9.2%

• Total voters

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I would have settled for a point beforehand, and to end a rivalry match with a draw has an honours even feel. We didn't take our chances, and therefore didn't deserve a win. Fair enough.

It could be argued that we should have buried an inferior team, but the fact is that we didn't.

I am utterly mystified as to how you have managed to win four matches.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Stupid mistake from Trossard (though could have been a fair shoulder charge) , a big miss from them , we were unlucky with two headers (well Dunk's) not a lot in it then one piece of absolute class (well two including Veltman's ball forward) to grab a point.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would have settled for a point beforehand, and to end a rivalry match with a draw has an honours even feel. We didn't take our chances, and therefore didn't deserve a win. Fair enough.

It could be argued that we should have buried an inferior team, but the fact is that we didn't.

Yves Bissouma. Unfortunately, he was injured so not available tonight, and it showed.

theboybilly

I can't believe people are voting 'one point gained'. Okay it was a goal in the last minute but at no point did Palace ever deserve to hold the lead. Chances were at a premium for both sides but the better football came from the Albion, always. It was also Sanchez's easiest game of the season (even Watford gave him more to think about)
Palace fans, being Palace fans, are bigging themselves up again and banging on about when their three missing players come in:
That's an untried bloke from Reading, Eze who although looking decent at times is inconsistant, and Will Hughes. Colour me underwhelmed.

Who of their current midfield will make way for any of them? Perhaps Milojevic (?) but not Gallagher or Zaha surely.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some rather one-eyed assessments on here, perhaps understandably.

I watched the game with two neutrals. Their view was it was an enjoyable game, with Palace being more on the front foot than Brighton, but Brighton having a little more class.

'Worst PL game this season' and 'we had no midfield' are not my perceptions. *cough* the Everton game *cough* and that's before looking farther afield...Stains 0 Wet Sham 0....etc. We were without one of the best midfield players in the world yesterday so that may have had some impact on how our midfield looked. But I do accept that football is all about opinions.

My view is that I was expecting us to lose, but had we won we would have had two extra points, so if one does the maths, that's was two points lost :shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

By playing a lot better than we did last night (having our best and most influential player in the side would have quite a bearing on that).

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Very much like last season when we should (twice) have buried an inferior team but didn't.

Might have something to do with one of the best Central Midfield players in the PL not playing last night, whereas he's been an ever present in the four games we've won. Our midfield was pedestrian yet you failed, other than Ayew's dreadful miss, to create any other real openings.

Worth it to see Zaha (God he can give it out but can't take it) fall to his knees and pump the turf when Maupay scored - then grizzle to the ref at the end about Maupay's celebration when he had done exactly the same thing after scoring.

Love the new stand BTW.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Two points lost - our CM just not at the races. More speed and energy in there and the result could have been very different!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

How would you have done without Connor Gallagher?

At least Bissouma is our player.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They were ok but not great. We were same. Draw was fair. As the home team the onus is more on them and at least they finally played. The big chances were the soft pen, the Ayew chance, the Welbeck chance and the Maupay chance (still laughing) - we missed Biss and Webster for ball playing too - they got lucky with that and we reminded them who’s the better team despite that :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here