Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace limiting their season tickets to 16k......................

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Just let it go seriously.

To be fair to them that quote is accurate given a different context. To the nearest 5,000, it is close to 15,000.

For the record we all hate Palace but your attendance threads are very, very boring. Up until they got promoted I think even most Palace fans might have admitted that our long term future looked rosier than theirs. But at the end of the day, even with less bums on seats, now they're in the Prem with a guaranteed pot of 120m even if they get humiliated week in week out. We have to rebuild after our messy and public implosion, with no guarantee yet we'll even challenge for the top 6.

I think for the moment they have the bragging rights whether they have 15,000 STHs or 15. Do us all a favour and pipe down, your constant crowing makes you look far more of a **** than they look atm.

Smashed it. More and more people are saying the same thing now, it is incredibly boring and it has directly resulted in the Palace trolls taking over a large number of threads and generally making a lot of threads really tedious. Any support for your dull ramblings about Palace is misguided and mischievous.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yeah apart from the fact that its straight out lies. Away fans are restricted to 2.6k. Season tickets have been limited to £16k for a number of reasons, chiefly the fact that selling a standalone ticket every game is worth a lot more to the club than a season ticket. Anyone with the least bit of common sense or ability to calculate mathematics would be able to tell you that major. But hey we all know you don't deal in facts.

If that is the main reason then why sell season tickets at all?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Yeah apart from the fact that its straight out lies. Away fans are restricted to 2.6k. Season tickets have been limited to £16k for a number of reasons, chiefly the fact that selling a standalone ticket every game is worth a lot more to the club than a season ticket. Anyone with the least bit of common sense or ability to calculate mathematics would be able to tell you that major. But hey we all know you don't deal in facts.

As much as attendance threads are boring, you should be careful when calling someone a liar.
Your own official site are stating 6k away fans this season.

It is not anticipated that any tickets will remain available for purchase on match days. The remaining 6,000 tickets in the stadium are allocated to away fans, executive box ticket holders, the directors’ box, the disabled section, players, staff and media
Read here:
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/season-tickets-close-to-15000-528559.aspx

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Is actually a very good point - If I may use Derby as an example, demand based pricing has reduced season ticket sales, (we're about 7,000 down on 3 seasons back), and crowds have also significantly dropped BUT income from ticket sales has gone up..... So, season tickets are great for cash in the bank but can be less so for income over time.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

Because its useful for clubs to have a large amount of capital come into the club preseason. It tends to be a fairly expensive time for most clubs if you don't look at transfer items. Generally without the season ticket money clubs go 2 months where they are rebuilding the ground, reordering stock, paying wages etc without anything to offset this against.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
As much as attendance threads are boring, you should be careful when calling someone a liar.
Your own official site are stating 6k away fans this season.

It is not anticipated that any tickets will remain available for purchase on match days. The remaining 6,000 tickets in the stadium are allocated to away fans, executive box ticket holders, the directors’ box, the disabled section, players, staff and media
Read here:
http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/season-tickets-close-to-15000-528559.aspx

Plans are to give away fans the minimum 2600 seats
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=244733

Yes I think its appropriate to call him a liar as the part you chose to highlight and this is based on says 6000 tickets allocated to away fans, directors box, staff, players etc not 6k to away fans, end sentence. Who knew there was an inability to read in some Brighton fans :)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Doubt they really care.

Their squad cost ten times less than ours yet still played us off the park and now have a 7.5x greater income than us.

Move on, you're boring.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
The only lie I can see is the Banner Heading on your Club website. When has 14,225 been "Close To 15,000" ? - the true headline should read "Only Just Over 14,000 tickets Sold".:tosser:

No different than us getting 28000 and saying almost 30000

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Plans are to give away fans the minimum 2600 seats
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=244733

Yes I think its appropriate to call him a liar as the part you chose to highlight and this is based on says 6000 tickets allocated to away fans, directors box, staff, players etc not 6k to away fans, end sentence. Who knew there was an inability to read in some Brighton fans :)

So let me get this right then and so that you agree I have read it correctly. You are saying that the club are keeping 3,600k tickets, for executive box ticket holders, the directors’ box, the disabled section, players, staff and media.

I would like to know how you think that number breaks down per type. 3,600 seems excessive to me, for that group, if that is what the club is saying.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Is actually a very good point - If I may use Derby as an example, demand based pricing has reduced season ticket sales, (we're about 7,000 down on 3 seasons back), and crowds have also significantly dropped BUT income from ticket sales has gone up..... So, season tickets are great for cash in the bank but can be less so for income over time.

Interesting post, well said.

Do you think that with FFP hitting all clubs but especially the lesser supported, that ST sales will diminish over the years so that clubs can make more money?

I understand that they need money through te summer months but surely a longer term plan will be better because of FFP?

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
So let me get this right then and so that you agree I have read it correctly. You are saying that the club are keeping 3,600k tickets, for executive box ticket holders, the directors’ box, the disabled section, players, staff and media.

I would like to know how you think that number breaks down per type. 3,600 seems excessive to me, for that group, if that is what the club is saying.

I can't give you the exact figures but included in that is things like the giveaway tickets to the local primary schools etc. Something which I believe is (and has always been) in our ticketing policy and (possibly - not checked yet) fan charter. Theres also some seats which are not allowed to be sold as they are restricted view (pretty bloody silly having seats there if you can't see but there we go). I know the media demands a large amount of tickets (especially in the prem), go to the Emirates and theres thousands of the little rats ;).

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Change of subject COYP. Any idea why the Questions to CPFC2010 closed abruptly?
I do like to read this section and it just seemed to stop when some fans were arguing over smoking in the ground,
The section was closed and that thread "Ground Improvements " was then moved to GD.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Change of subject COYP. Any idea why the Questions to CPFC2010 closed abruptly?
I do like to read this section and it just seemed to stop when some fans were arguing over smoking in the ground,
The section was closed and that thread "Ground Improvements " was then moved to GD.

I tend to be on the HOL far more than BBS but like to visit the Questions for CPFC2010 section too as they're generally fairly informative. Could be pure speculation (in fact I suspect it is) but my guess would be that Steve Browett has said to them he's popping on holiday for a week or something and they've temporarily closed it to stop questions building up too much. Like any forum, people can get pissy if they ask sometihng and it takes more than a day to get their answer. I suspect that will be why.

As for the ground improvements part being moved, again i suspect its more just because it didn't really involve questions to CPFC2010 anymore. But no idea.

EDIT: ******************

Steve B is taking time out from answering questions in this Forum (and will be away on vacation until the end of July), so it has been CLOSED until further notice. It is expected that the Forum will open once again at the beginning of August.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I suspect his actual holiday isn't a month but rather its a very busy time for the club and he's probably too busy improving the ground, gearing up for the new season blah de blah de blah to spend all the time answering questions. I'd imagine theres also part of him that wants to avoid some awkward questions whilst all the backroom stuff taking place. In terms of transfer related questions during July it must be a pain to keep having to say 'No comment'

Last edited:

Benzhiyi

Feb 8, 2004

According to Steve Browett, after 16,000 season tickets and 4,000 members tickets (there'll be no home tickets offered for general sale), the rest of the seats will be allocated thus:

3000 away fans
250 approx sterile area (much reduced)
480 exec boxes
660 directors box
500 player, staff, academy tickets
300 Ambassadors, Disabled, Media, Ambulance, Scouts.
700 restricted view

In answer to your other question, he asked us to close the forum for a month as he's on hol for the final fortnight of July and wants to wind down until then. Normal service will be resumed in August.

Feck me - they've now sold less season tickets today than they had yesterday - must have had some returns (Old Git's got hold of a Chelsea one at last !) :ffsparr::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here